All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jeesh make up your mind on how we should earn these costumes! Progression, placement, Coins, Money, free, CP......

Pick one for crying out loud! 
    Pretty sure this is effectively A/B testing to see what pricing model for costumes is maximally profitable.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    *Added details about 3-Star Iron Man (Stealth Armor) costume
    Ooooh, niiiice!! And its an other progression one as well, wonderful news! :)

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM really would be easy to equip with around a million different costumes. 

I like the one they picked. Easy add. Winner, winner. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this Iron Man costume....very nice!  Progression too.

I wonder if the progression/placement costumes will continue to be a regular thing after June....I'm afraid I might be getting a little spoiled....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

I wonder if the progression/placement costumes will continue to be a regular thing after June....I'm afraid I might be getting a little spoiled....
    This.

It's fair enough if a costume is paid for first and then made a reward later. An "I want it now!" tax, if you will.
    Bit rubbish if they're here once and then never again.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

This.

It's fair enough if a costume is paid for first and then made a reward later. An "I want it now!" tax, if you will.
    Bit rubbish if they're here once and then never again.

I suspect that they will end up being for special occasion, like 5* feeders. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Old Man Thor bundle pop up hit in game. Looks great, but not $9.99 great (to me)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Old Man Thor bundle pop up hit in game. Looks great, but not $9.99 great (to me)
    I might have been tempted if it had been end of the month but middle, nah.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the covers were useful to me I might consider it. However, with all the focus on costumes I’m starting to worry that continued purchasing will pull their focus from other potential revenue sources.

It feels like either they have something big in the works (dev team is too busy, so art dept is picking up the slack) or we are seeing some death cries and the dev team has already been partially pulled to work on other projects. 

I remain hopeful, but if the trend doesn’t change soon it might have me too cynical to open my wallet any longer.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love that the new Thor costume was a surprise, and very glad Lebowski Thor isn't on the 3*!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool got a Lady Deadpool costume. They could have made 4* Thor into this costume, since they can’t be used together anyway. Then the more powerful Thor version would get the cool costume. Oh well.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, what a bummer.

I've wanted an Old King Thor for ages, and gave up hope for that once it became apparent that 5*s for characters in the MCU would be MCU versions released as a movie tie-in.

And now we've got one, and it costs money (another costume "earned" in MPQ by having a life outside of MPQ... no chance to earn it in-game or spend in-game resources on it), and then it's for a character that would only get used every 4-6 months when he shows up as an essential.

This is a specific costume I want, and I feel like if I found $10 on my way to lunch I'd spend it on something else because of how little use it would be.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Should've doubled the hp, I may have considered it, as it is I'm not going to pay for a costume for a character that I will only use when required
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about Thor (Old King Thor) and Deadpool (Piratepool) costumes
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aaaaarrrr! Ye could ha’ waited until September 19th (a Thursday this year, so start of a Versus, it would have worked out well) but this be okay too.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piratepool is pretty sweet, but I think I like my Fempool better.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Well lucky for you, you can have both! Piratepool is for Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), whereas Female Deadpool is for Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Brigby said:
    Well lucky for you, you can have both! Piratepool is for Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), whereas Female Deadpool is for Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) 
    Thanks for pointing that out. Since it was all in red, I kinda assumed that it was for the Deadpool who's normally in red ;)
    And now that I bothered to look at that, I also noticed that it's a Progression Reward, so I'm going to be getting it regardless!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Y'know, this has been a nice rollout of rewards via Progression for this event, and I really like that. I'm not someone who will spend for a costume, but if I get one that I like, I definitely will equip it. I've had a lot of fun over the past 3 weeks just chasing these progression rewards.