All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Options

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Phumade said:
    Hoping I can get to 8K HP in the next few days. Not sure I can manage it, but it's not impossible.
    I converted part of my CP hoard to HP via classics.  It was pretty low risk because everything is just a champ level with cover farms (all my 5* are champed, so its just a a champ level from my P.OV.) and LTs drop consistently enough to cover the Latest 3 without dipping into CP.

Its definitely an option if you know how to manage for CP/LT income correctly. 
    I don't know how to manage it correctly, I guess. Would you mind explaining your first paragraph -- the bit about  "converting," in particular?  Thanks, @Phumade!
    Each 4* applies to a champ level,  so it converts to hp cp iso covers pretty reliably.  This is one of the few times when 20cp classics are super useful.  Even the 5* covers all convert to LTs, 25cp and 1000 hp.

i already have Hela done, and pepper as a support is fine at 450.  So no real need to focus on the latest 3 until peppers last in cycle or almost gone

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    and a Spiderverse variant Miles would have been cool:

They would probably need some kind of licensing deal with Sony to include this costume.  IIRC, the grafiti style variant of the logo originates in the film rather than the comics.

It's not impossible (since they worked it out for 5* Kingpin), but it's likely not as simple as licensing from Marvel directly.

Vulture and PPSM would also likely be Sony owned too so definitely possible but probably unlikely.
    And all of those characters were released while Sony wanted publicity for the respective films.  At this point, a tie in probably doesn't offer as much value to them.  Maybe wait for the sequel?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    and a Spiderverse variant Miles would have been cool:

They would probably need some kind of licensing deal with Sony to include this costume.  IIRC, the grafiti style variant of the logo originates in the film rather than the comics.

It's not impossible (since they worked it out for 5* Kingpin), but it's likely not as simple as licensing from Marvel directly.

Vulture and PPSM would also likely be Sony owned too so definitely possible but probably unlikely.
    And all of those characters were released while Sony wanted publicity for the respective films.  At this point, a tie in probably doesn't offer as much value to them.  Maybe wait for the sequel?
    Sure, if it is half as good as the original I'm sure it will have some amazing visuals and hopefully cool costumes too.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Hoping I can get to 8K HP in the next few days. Not sure I can manage it, but it's not impossible.
    I converted part of my CP hoard to HP via classics.  It was pretty low risk because everything is just a champ level with cover farms (all my 5* are champed, so its just a a champ level from my P.OV.) and LTs drop consistently enough to cover the Latest 3 without dipping into CP.

Its definitely an option if you know how to manage for CP/LT income correctly. 
    I generally pull as I go, so I don't have that option. I wouldn't even be in range to try if I hadn't saved up for the last few weeks for Storm, tho. Got a nice bump in resources when I took all my pulls then.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of costumes.

If you wish to discuss resource management, then please start a new discussion thread. Thank you!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sooo, are we continuing with the costume funsies, despite it technically not being June anymore?
    There is now a new, Private Rogers, 3* Cap. Am bundle....
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Added details about the Captain America (Private Rogers) Costume
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought the Captain America bundle. The $5 price point was the first time they made costumes an 'impulse' buy price so I bought it to show that's the max price point I'm comfortable with when the add a few extra resources.

Also the fact we are getting a 3* Steve PvP in a few days helps too because I can have Steve strut around in his new costume.  :)

KGB
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First offer I am tempted by, but I don't need 3 3* covers... and 600 Iso? Really? Whoa, careful there... Seriously tho, who came up with that one?
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Added details about the Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) costume
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You guys just released a 3* variant for cash.  Now the spidey one that was teased along with the release of FFH in-game movie is also for pay?

For shame.  This should have been part of progression with the Mysterio release event.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They also messed up naming the new Spidey costume. It needs the name from FFH. If it had the name from the film, I'd buy it.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I dunno, there was never really any indication that the Stealth Spidey suit would be earnable through play and not ka-ching. I would have liked it but not for that price but I don't feel shenanigans have been played here.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why aren't all costumes earnable?  Especially since most of them are for 3 and 4 star characters.  We rarely get to use the characters unless its their pvp once every 9 months or so.  Also, I know this is a minimal player base problem, but what are people to do about these hfh deals when we already have a level 550 character.  I am not wasting hp or cp on a costume that comes with a cover for said 550 level character because I then have to just throw it away.  That is just asinine.  I would think you would just give anyone a 550 level character any of that said characters costume since that person has already enriched you in many other ways.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    Why aren't all costumes earnable?  Especially since most of them are for 3 and 4 star characters.  We rarely get to use the characters unless its their pvp once every 9 months or so.  Also, I know this is a minimal player base problem, but what are people to do about these hfh deals when we already have a level 550 character.  I am not wasting hp or cp on a costume that comes with a cover for said 550 level character because I then have to just throw it away.  That is just asinine.  I would think you would just give anyone a 550 level character any of that said characters costume since that person has already enriched you in many other ways.
    I agree with you.  If it were me wanting to increase player participation, I'd make sure that players actually have to play to get them!

And yes, I know games need money to survive.  Have the covers earnable in PVP or PVE new releases.  Both require the use for HP (rostering slots and shields.)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Costumes are completely cosmetic and it is a widely accepted thing in the gaming world that they are often purchasable extras. So MPQ is hardly doing anything different, even if they have taken a somewhat expensive route in these offers. Also, I could be wrong but I think there has been one 5* purchasable with a cover? By all means somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I dunno, seems like there are other things to moan about but that is just me.
  • grunth13
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Costumes are completely cosmetic and it is a widely accepted thing in the gaming world that they are often purchasable extras. So MPQ is hardly doing anything different, even if they have taken a somewhat expensive route in these offers. Also, I could be wrong but I think there has been one 5* purchasable with a cover? By all means somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I dunno, seems like there are other things to moan about but that is just me.
    Just looking at my 5s, looks like Thor, DD, Strange, Okoye (have), Cable, Goblin, Loki (have only because it came with 5 lt) have new costumes.  I think DD, Thor, Loki and Strange were buyable, not sure about the others.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I think maybe we are confused with each other coz I thought all those costumes bar the DD one didn't actually come with a cover in the deal? Only DD did? Possibly I am misunderstanding what you are saying about the relevance of 550s where yeah, obviously the cover is no incentive unless you wanna duplicate (the thought of 5* duplicates is terrifying btw!) Or I could be just wrong!
  • grunth13
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think maybe we are confused with each other coz I thought all those costumes bar the DD one didn't actually come with a cover in the deal? Only DD did? Possibly I am misunderstanding what you are saying about the relevance of 550s where yeah, obviously the cover is no incentive unless you wanna duplicate (the thought of 5* duplicates is terrifying btw!) Or I could be just wrong!
    My understanding was that they did come with a cover or LT.  I think I remember someone saying on one of the first ones didn't come with a cover and it was priced at like 99 dollars.  I am almost positive that okoye came with a cover unless it was earnable because I would not have bought her's without a cover since I do not use her very often.  So for me, DD and Thor were the ones that would be useless to me if they came with a cover (DD I am sure did, can't remember for Thor).