Captain Marvel Celebration! *Updated (3/18/19)

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    People aren't surprised that a newer 4* is required. They're disappointed that a 4* who's only been available for one season is already eligible to fill that spot. We get that the devs do it to push people to chase newer characters, but how much time people have to chase that character makes a difference in whether or not higher-end players feel like they have an adequate amount of time to be equipped for upcoming Shield Training events. Namor is close to that line where you could be screwed over by RNG even if you did chase him for the entire time he's been available, and that's a bummer.

The devs do a good job of meeting us halfway, rotating through 2 older characters and 1 newer. (though for some reason they decided to repeat Cyclops when we still have some 4's that have never been featured at all) No one would have flinched if they'd said Prowler was required. But Namor is just new enough that it's going to cause problems for some people, and the inconsistency is frustrating. There's no hard line for what is/isn't off limits, so of course people are going to speak up when they feel the devs are pushing a little further than what the players see as far enough.
    This is a very fair point, and one I agree with. I could definitely imagine not having Namor quite there, being stuck at 7-9 covers or so. I was surprised by @Ptahhotep saying Prowler hadn't been up already; I thought he had.

The inconsistency really is the frustrating thing when you're caught on the short end of the stick. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

Bomber Jacket Bundle
    Does not include Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)
    $74.99

Glad to hear the listen to feedback and people are buying this slock.  Maybe they'll listen to the feedback they actually want to hear.  Keep selling out.
    This offer is tailored for Buy Clubs with the '5 CP for your alliance' provision that hasn't been with prior $75 offers. 

The resources are virtually the same as a Stark Buy Club when you factor in the cheaper price (20K HP + 7 CP for $99 vs 10K + 5 CP + 5 LTs for $75)

Obviously you aren't a buy club member (and neither am I) but it's hardly slock / selling out.

KGB
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited March 2019
    Count me among those disappointed by skipping Prowler for Shield Training and leaping ahead from Bishop to Namor.
    Oh well, I guess I'll just go back to treating Shield Training like high-level supports and costumes, "these are things for people with money to burn, who don't mind losing it all when the servers shut down."

EDIT: Not to be completely negative, I did enjoy the new Cosmic Chaos event.  A little surprised they made it with four subevents rather than three subevents with the option to stretch one to 48 hours so they could run it as either three or four days.  Not sure about trolling the entire three-star and below player base with those Gritty nodes, but interesting for those of us with more advanced rosters.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    I was expecting Prowler to be the latest 4* essential in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training. If you ignore Spider Ham then Domino was used for Namor and Bishop for Magik. By skipping one it gives less time to get the required covers for whoever is needed.
    That was my thought too - with the four star cover progression reward in Cosmic Cooties, my Prowler made it to 3/4/2. My Namor, though, even with the sim reward from last season's sim... 1/2/1. Blah.

Didn't one of the first shield training events feature all "old" characters? I know I've managed to earn the 4-star cover in at least a handful of shield training events, but it's been months since I've been able to do so.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got out of the Namor release like I always do, with a 1/1/2. and he's up to 3/2/3 now without having him set to my bonus hero. I've been trying to max-champ my chavez (currently at 298) so I can finish Jessica Jones, so I'm really loathe to shift it to Namor for even just the one cover I need. I guess we'll see how it shakes out, maybe I'll get one organically from someplace before I land a bonus and then I can stay the course on Chavez. I won't be on my regular schedule across any of the release events, so i'd like to do what I can to future proof the roster and get at least one from someplace.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I just saw I had a bunch of new posts to read in this thread. Turns out they are the same posts we get every time there’s a costume or shield training announced...

Costume....
    - Too expensive 
    - Too limited
    - We don’t get a cover with it!?
    - When are we going to be able to earn a costume via in-game achievements?
    - I didn’t ask for all the extra stuff that comes with it
    - They could make more money if they...

Shield Training....
    - I can’t believe they are using such a new character!
    - They’ve only been in tokens X amount of time!
    - I can’t believe they skipped X
    - They really expect us to whale to chase these new 4*??

I’m not saying whether or not the concerns are legit (I just ignore costumes and BH new characters ASAP, myself). I’m just commenting on the fact that the complaints are the exact same every time. The counter arguments that inevitably pop up are also the same (you’ve had X amount of opprotunities to cover the newest 4*, the costumes are a great deal for those who buy X... they’re actually free, etc.)

But seriously, when are they going to announce 5* feeder?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Namor is close to that line where you could be screwed over by RNG even if you did chase him for the entire time he's been available, and that's a bummer.
    Exactly my feelings on it. My Namor is at 11 covers, so I'm safe, but I also have 4 saved pinks already! I was close to that line of being screwed out of being able to finish Shield Training purely because of poor RNG. I'm sure there will be others in a similar position to me who haven't quite got there, yet have a handful of saved covers already. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The SHIELD training thing is pretty simple: One of the spots is reserved for the fourstar who's featured in the release PvE. Since the Three most recent fourstars are featured more in PvE since they switched to the "Three latest, two older" model, odds are very good one of the Three most recent releases will occupy that spot. Namor just happened to be up as the featured character, there's nothing malicious or planned about it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided I wouldn't be chasing Namor (isn't that a Kevin Smith film?) so I guess my inability to complete ST is my own fault but it really wouldn't kill this game to mix things up a bit in terms of the format of who is required, just like they do with the 5E. If it was 1 in 3 ST's where ALL the characters are a bit older it wouldn't condemn the game to the depths (although if you are chasing Namor, that is where you will probably need to go). Of course it is still possible that somebody might get screwed over but other than giving covers away there isn't much that can be done.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just hoping the celebration isn't quite over.  There's no 5CM support.  And it would be really nice if she got a feeder quickly, like the other recent MCU 5*s (looking at you, Loki and Wasp).

Also, it's Women's Month!  A feeder in celebration would make Carol happy.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    namor. 

you guys sure know how to disappoint.
    fortunately talos looks about as meh als namor himself.

keep up the good work! 
    you are listening and awesome! 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm wondering where hound is with the numbers on how frequently namor has been a reward. 

Personally my namor is at 10 covers and he is still set as a favorite. Once magik enters tokens she will be my sole 4* bonus hero until she hits 10 covers. Then I will go back to setting all non champed 4*s as bonus until talos hits tokens. Then talos will be my sole bonus until he hits 10 covers etc etc etc.

Maybe me pulling as I go and exclusively from classics is getting me to 10 covers on new characters slightly faster than if I were pulling from latests.

I am free to play. I play story to progression and versus mode to at least 575/16 wins. I rarely go for the 4* in versus mode. 

My only unchamped 4*s are domino at 12 covers (0 saved), namor at 10 covers (0 saved), taskmaster at 6 covers, spiderham at 4 covers, and magik at 3 covers.

I would cry foul if they required taskmaster or spiderham though lol. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm still waiting on that all-limited Shield Training, for an extra-super-limited release. 
  • tiomono
    I'm still waiting on that all-limited Shield Training, for an extra-super-limited release. 
    I wouldn't mind them doing a few limited 5*'s if they let 2 of the limited 4*'s feed them.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Did Majik get skipped as a PVE essential and reward or just delayed?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    tiomono said:
    I wouldn't mind them doing a few limited 5*'s if they let 2 of the limited 4*'s feed them.
    Obligatory "all 5*s not in Latest are limited...." response lol
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Did Majik get skipped as a PVE essential and reward or just delayed?
    She isn't in tokens yet. She won't be made essential, and thus won't be available for placement/progression rewards until she's in tokens, which will be in around 48 hours. 
  • tiomono
    edited March 2019
    tiomono said:
    Obligatory "all 5*s not in Latest are limited...." response lol
    I have 5 kitty's since she hit classics. I sold my gambit when he was nerfed and my new one is at 1-1-2. I have also champed bolt, black suit, and banner since kitty has left latests. Using cp strictly on classics I still get the latest legend characters to about 8 covers before they rotate out.

Classics get too much hate.