Captain Marvel Celebration! *Updated (3/18/19)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards

Thursday 3/7

Event Schedule *New Update*
    • Fight And Flight - Versus Tournament
      • Features Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
      • Starts: 8:00pm ET 3/5/19 
      • Ends: 3:00am ET 3/9/19
      • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) in Progression Rewards
    • Cosmic Chaos - New Story Event!
      • Starts: 7:00am ET 3/7/19 
      • Ends: 2:00am ET 3/12/19
      • Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) in Placement Rewards
    That Cosmic Chaos placement reward can't be right.
    I assume you’re playing at SCL 7+, but  beginning players are playing for 2* covers at the lowest SCLs.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking the same thing. Kamala as the reward? A huge Marvel event for her?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Bubba3210 said:
    I was thinking the same thing. Kamala as the reward? A huge Marvel event for her?
    Captain marvel  (ms marvel) is the 2 star
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Cosmic Chaos (3/7/19) - 4 Day Duration *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    4-Star: Bishop
    3-Star: Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
    2-Star: Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Bishop - Yellow
    3-Star: Luke Cage (Hero for Hire) - Black, Yellow, Red
    2-Star: Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Green, Red
    1-Star: Iron Man (Model 35) - Yellow
    Placement Rewards: 
    4-Star: Prowler - Blue, Purple, Black
    3-Star: She-Hulk - Blue, Red, Green
    2-Star: Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - Yellow, Black, Red
    Alliance Placement Rewards: 
    4-Star: Prowler - Black
    3-Star: She-Hulk - Blue
    2-Star: Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - Yellow, Black
    1-Star: Storm (Modern) - Green

Information from: MPQ Sneak Peek March 2019 Edition

It would appear this thread is specifically focused on Captain Marvel so it only features rewards and events related to the Captain Marvel celebration. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool, I can finish my bishop
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I took Unstable ISO off but a Bishop yellow will have me playing this, sweet!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh shoot, this actually WON'T finish my 4/3/5 Bishop...failmode
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about the login gift and the Higher, Further, Faster vault!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Are we going to get details on the new story?  So are there new goons, survival nodes, boss nodes etc.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    Are we going to get details on the new story?  So are there new goons, survival nodes, boss nodes etc.
    All will be revealed when you play it....or when Slice 1 does, at least. 
  • Brigby
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    All will be revealed when you play it....or when Slice 1 does, at least. 
    From what I know, it has the same event structure as any other Story Event, except that it has a Captain Marvel themed story line.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    First of all, thank you very very much for making the loaner a one-time node!!! Although it has been fun seeing an rival over clear it by accident, it has always been annoying to grind, especially with newer 4* essentials. Much appreciated!

And everybody must agree its good to see such a variety of opponents, right? Also, liked the 1v1, although I probably would have swapped the 1v1 in main with the 3v1 in sub1.. Really appreciate the variety though!

And finally a reduction of the boring trivial nodes! Yeah! Ok, we got a trivial wave2 in return, but at least that saves some no-game clicking.. Wondering if its a bug that wave timer doesnt start before you hit it 4 times instead of the usual 2 times? ( @Brigby ?)

Its only day 1 of 4, but im enthousiastic!
  • Brigby
    edited March 2019
    Smart80 said:
    First of all, thank you very very much for making the loaner a one-time node!!! Although it has been fun seeing an rival over clear it by accident, it has always been annoying to grind, especially with newer 4* essentials. Much appreciated!

And everybody must agree its good to see such a variety of opponents, right? Also, liked the 1v1, although I probably would have swapped the 1v1 in main with the 3v1 in sub1.. Really appreciate the variety though!

And finally a reduction of the boring trivial nodes! Yeah! Ok, we got a trivial wave2 in return, but at least that saves some no-game clicking.. Wondering if its a bug that wave timer doesnt start before you hit it 4 times instead of the usual 2 times? ( Brigby ?)

Its only day 1 of 4, but im enthousiastic!
    I'll have to double check if the wave timer starting at 4 clears is intentional or not, but I'm glad to hear you like the rest of the event design!

Update: It looks like the wave timer starting after 4 clears is in fact a bug, and the team is working on fixing it. Thanks for the heads up!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

Update: It looks like the wave timer starting after 4 clears is in fact a bug, and the team is working on fixing it. Thanks for the heads up!
    Thanks @Brigby  While you're checking that out, would you kindly ask about the points for that sub?  Generally, a wave node is worth more than a standard node.  However, this wave node is worth about the same amount of points as a standard second easy node.  Should it be higher points with only 2x hits before the timer starts?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas said:

Thanks @Brigby  While you're checking that out, would you kindly ask about the points for that sub?  Generally, a wave node is worth more than a standard node.  However, this wave node is worth about the same amount of points as a standard second easy node.  Should it be higher points with only 2x hits before the timer starts?

lol....I noticed the lower points, but not the fact the the timer didn't start after 2 clears...just assumed and moved on!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:

Thanks Brigby  While you're checking that out, would you kindly ask about the points for that sub?  Generally, a wave node is worth more than a standard node.  However, this wave node is worth about the same amount of points as a standard second easy node.  Should it be higher points with only 2x hits before the timer starts?
    I'll have to double check, but my speculation is that each node can be manually assigned to have a certain behavior or structure (regular node, wave, boss, etc etc), which is why the wave node now requires 4 clears before timer starts and also mimics the same point rewards.

If that's correct, then I speculate the process of fixing the 4 clear bug would subsequently also fix the point value for it.
    Well then I hope the people that normally only play to progression pay attention. Wave nodes only need to be cleared 2 times normally while doing regular nodes 4 times to achieve max progression. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did pretty well from that vault: with the free token plus two 10-packs, I got both the Captain Marvel and Nick Fury covers.  Opening the heroic tokens I'd also pulled gave me a second Captain Marvel with Namor as a bonus hero.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The Captain Marvel vault is a good deal, especially if you compare it to the HfH offer of C4rol for 3600 HP.
  • Brigby
    *Added Week 3 content details!