Captain Marvel Celebration! *Updated (3/18/19)

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Oh yes, the insanely priced costumes are back. Pass. I'll buy 2 Xbox One games with my money instead, thanks. 
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    required 4's for Training?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    RPIJG said:
    Namor, Cyclops (Classic), and Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Damn it. My Namor is vastly undercovered for S.H.I.E.L.D. Training. Focused so much on getting Jubilee and Wiccan finally fully covered (still missing one for Wiccan) that I haven't set my BH for Namor to get him more covers.
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    RPIJG said:
    Thank you!
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2019
    Well, it's a really cool costume, but $75??  I know, you get HP and other stuff we didn't ask for bundled with it.  But it's out of most people's reach.  And it creates conflict with offering just the costume later on, because the whales will have spent so much more for it this time around. 

Also, not including even one 5* carol cover, when you're already paying that much...   :neutral:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    • S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Talos Release Event
        Features Talos (Skrull Warlord)
        Requires Namor, Cyclops (Classic), and Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
        *Sigh*
    • Loosie
      Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
      Brigby said:
      RPIJG said:
      welp...2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    • ThaRoadWarrior
      ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
      Namor, Cyclops (Classic), and Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) welp...2 out of 3 ain't bad.
      Looks like I've run into the first casualty of my decision to force-feed Jessica Jones by max-champing Chavez instead of BH-ing my way to Shield Training Readiness. 3/2/3 Namor is so close...I'll have a 9-cover Namor from progression by the time it closes out, assuming I don't land any others in the meantime. Maybe I'll get lucky...
    • Richyyy
      Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
      Yeah, I quite like the costume for once, too (although for a release tied to the movie, it looks oddly little like Brie Larson). But the price point is, once again, comical. Also, when it's on a character you're virtually never going to use outside of essentials, what they look like is largely irrelevant even if you care about these things.
    • DarthDeVo
      DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
      I'm surprised people are still caught off guard by one of the newest 4*s being required for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. When it first debuted (after Rogue, that is) it *did* require the newest 4*. 

They adjusted after several months to require the older characters only, but then readjusted again to require a newer release and it's been that way the past several 4* releases. 

My Magik is 2/3/3 Level 168 right now, and you'd better believe that as soon as she enters tokens in a few days, she will be my sole 4* BH until I get at least two more covers for her. 
    • broll
      broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
      Brigby said:

Bomber Jacket Bundle
      Does not include Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)
      $74.99

Glad to hear the listen to feedback and people are buying this slock.  Maybe they'll listen to the feedback they actually want to hear.  Keep selling out.
    • n25philly
      n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
      Brigby said:
      RPIJG said:
      Namor?  Rolls eyes.  Got to give props for consistency, even if it's always bad
    • Yepyep
      Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
      DarthDeVo said:
      I'm surprised people are still caught off guard by one of the newest 4*s being required for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. When it first debuted (after Rogue, that is) it *did* require the newest 4*. 

They adjusted after several months to require the older characters only, but then readjusted again to require a newer release and it's been that way the past several 4* releases. 

My Magik is 2/3/3 Level 168 right now, and you'd better believe that as soon as she enters tokens in a few days, she will be my sole 4* BH until I get at least two more covers for her. 
      Exactly. My Magic is 1/2/1 but I'm confident there'll be several events awarding her covers leading up to her S.H.I.E.L.D. Training ("ST") debut/requirement. That plus BH should get me there, fingers crossed.

It's a tough schedule they've imposed for ST, but I do think it is calibrated reasonably fairly now. It was NOT fair several months ago when they were requiring, I think, the newest 4*. But Namor has been out since February 1 and it was pretty predictable you'd need him with 10 covers for the next ST.
    • DarthDeVo
      Yepyep said:
      DarthDeVo said:

Exactly. My Magic is 1/2/1 but I'm confident there'll be several events awarding her covers leading up to her S.H.I.E.L.D. Training ("ST") debut/requirement. That plus BH should get me there, fingers crossed.

It's a tough schedule they've imposed for ST, but I do think it is calibrated reasonably fairly now. It was NOT fair several months ago when they were requiring, I think, the newest 4*. But Namor has been out since February 1 and it was pretty predictable you'd need him with 10 covers for the next ST.
      Yep, YepYep. ;-)

Namor has already been the placement/progression rewards at least once, and he currently is in Honor Among Thieves, which means he'll also be progression for the PvE after. There was also a cover for him at 2K in the S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator last season. 

The same will go for Magik, so I don't *really* need to make her my sole 4* BH, but I like to have the guaranteed peace of mind that she has at least 10 covers, so that will still be what I do. Be prepared, and all that. 
    • DarthDeVo
      Ptahhotep said:
      I was expecting Prowler to be the latest 4* essential in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training. If you ignore Spider Ham then Domino was used for Namor and Bishop for Magik. By skipping one it gives less time to get the required covers for whoever is needed.
      Oh, could've sworn we already had Prowler. If not, that is a bit of a deviation on their part. But maybe this is the "new normal"?

Regardless, it doesn't change my strategy. I've been making the newest 4* my sole 4* BH if they don't have 10 covers for quite awhile. Hasn't let me down yet. 
    • Dormammu
      Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
      DarthDeVo said:
       I've been making the newest 4* my sole 4* BH if they don't have 10 covers for quite awhile. Hasn't let me down yet. 
      I do the exact same thing. This is the luxury you get once all the other 4-stars are fully covered - you can BH the new releases as soon as they hit tokens and generally get them fully covered in short order. I have yet to be stuck with an under-covered 4-star I couldn't get to 209 for SHIELD training. I already have enough covers on Namor and Illyana hasn't even entered tokens yet.

Plus, I hoard CP/LTs so it's not like I'm making a ton of pulls that are even eligible for BHs. It's mostly off Heroic tokens and lucky store/vault pulls.