Captain Marvel Celebration! *Updated (3/18/19)

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably the artwork update is in preparation for a 3* Captain Marvel alternate costume.  That seems to be the main impetus for artwork updates these days.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Hoping for a feeder announcement, it’s been a while since we had one 

4* captain marvel to feed Dr strange would be great or even Nick Fury as a feeder 

I will live in hope 🙂
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    bluewolf said:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-puzzle-quest-captain-marvel-galactic-warrior

From the article:

Join Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior) as she fights to save Earth from the machinations of Talos! As the Kree-Skrull war rages on in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Puzzle Quest celebrates Captain Marvel with a brand new story of its own: Cosmic Chaos! Team up with Captain Marvel to track down a monolithic object sent to cause chaos on Earth, and travel from Avengers Tower to Knowhere to uncover the mystery of The Devourer.

Hopefully coming soon...
    That sure sounds like another one of those Places of Power / Sinister 600 style of event.
    New event is still new content at this point. Are we really going to complain that we're not meeting Rocket and Groot again for the umpteenth time before we even see an event now?
    I wasn't complaining, I was analyzing the description.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoping for a feeder announcement, it’s been a while since we had one 

4* captain marvel to feed Dr strange would be great or even Nick Fury as a feeder 

I will live in hope 🙂
    I hope they save 4* carol for 5* carol. So we have another 2*-5* bridge.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think nick fury is going to feed 5* CM
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler

Maybe in a year, (at the rate they are rolling out feeders for 5*'s!!)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    chris0001 said:

We're a bit overdue now, I expected a feeder last week. But quite a few celebrations have been accompanied by feeder updates, so I am not giving up hope yet!

(Would prefer my level 360+ Captain Marvel over my level 340+ Nick Fury but either one would be good obviously)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have the drop-odds on Ms Marvel been tweaked as part of this? I've coincidentally pulled about 6 covers for 3* Marv3l from elites and heroics since last night...
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I like the Captain Marvel Star background on the prologue,  story and versus tabs
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    chris0001 said:

We're a bit overdue now, I expected a feeder last week. But quite a few celebrations have been accompanied by feeder updates, so I am not giving up hope yet!

(Would prefer my level 360+ Captain Marvel over my level 340+ Nick Fury but either one would be good obviously)

If there is a feeder, I'm guessing it'll be the 4* Skrull character that's upcoming.  Way too many people have Fury highly covered (due to him being in the game forever), as well as Carol.  Giving away so many 5* from either of them acting as feeders would be nice, but maybe a lil too nice...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    chris0001 said:

If there is a feeder, I'm guessing it'll be the 4* Skrull character that's upcoming.  Way too many people have Fury highly covered (due to him being in the game forever), as well as Carol.  Giving away so many 5* from either of them acting as feeders would be nice, but maybe a lil too nice...
    Xforce wolverine is a feeder. He is just as old as fury.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    chris0001 said:

It's basically impossible to predict what they'll do.  But there are certainly older characters that have been feeders - a lot of them - and one thing about older characters that aren't very good (like Fury) is that while vets have them at high levels, newer people probably haven't even champed them (or they are at low levels).

I am currently of the opinion that the reason we haven't seen a feeder in a while is we will get one for 5CM very soon, and it will probably be someone that vets will have champed and give out a decent number of covers.  My bet is Fury for the moment.  We will see....
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    The strongest character in the MCU gets a mediocre to poor representation in game. Everyone was super-hyped for her and people would have paid for a good character, good luck making money like this.  Marvel Strike Force made her a great character and is going to give her away in daily milestones(and offers also I'm sure). Looks like I'll be celebrating elsewhere as usual.
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    You can get a 4* Caption Marvel cover on Insiders for 75.000 points. You could add that to the main post to make the Captain Marvel event more complete.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    IYeaheahI said:
    You can get a 4* Caption Marvel cover on Insiders for 75.000 points. You could add that to the main post to make the Captain Marvel event more complete.
      This is actually much better than what's normally offered for a Marvel Insider Reward.  Usually it's a 100k for just a 3* cover, very rarely it's 100k for a 4* cover and this one is a 4* Carol Cover and 10k iso and 1k Hero Points.  Great catch IYeaheahI  !
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:
    chris0001 said:

It's basically impossible to predict what they'll do.  But there are certainly older characters that have been feeders - a lot of them - and one thing about older characters that aren't very good (like Fury) is that while vets have them at high levels, newer people probably haven't even champed them (or they are at low levels).

I am currently of the opinion that the reason we haven't seen a feeder in a while is we will get one for 5CM very soon, and it will probably be someone that vets will have champed and give out a decent number of covers.  My bet is Fury for the moment.  We will see....

I love these ms marvel covers! I loved them the last time too, during the 50year celebration. Can we keep them for good this time? Pretty please?
    I have been looking for a reason to champ Fury, he has been max covered for quite a while now. This would be a good reason. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Any more news for week 2 Brigby?

Nick Fury???
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated post with additional Week 2 details
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

Thursday 3/7

Event Schedule *New Update*
    • Fight And Flight - Versus Tournament
      • Features Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
      • Starts: 8:00pm ET 3/5/19 
      • Ends: 3:00am ET 3/9/19
      • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) in Progression Rewards
    • Cosmic Chaos - New Story Event!
      • Starts: 7:00am ET 3/7/19 
      • Ends: 2:00am ET 3/12/19
      • Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) in Placement Rewards
    That Cosmic Chaos placement reward can't be right.