Please provide information on mastering quickly!!!

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I urge D3/Octagon to quickly post a description of what the plan for mastering cards and level is!

Without clear understanding of what the ramifications of mastering cards entails, I can’t make a conscious decision on how to proceed.

I have therefore decided to stop mastering cards until I have a better understanding of the ramifications of mastering cards.

@Brigby - this is based upon the discussions in this thread https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76988/mastering-cards-seems-a-lot-tougher-than-before/p1
and elsewhere on the forum.

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I second this! Make it transparent! 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This should've happened already.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby this would be really appreciated. Could the dev team do a Q&A on this a blog post or stop by the forums to let us know the full scope of how mastery/level will be used? Maybe tell us about the new tier above Platinum too? @Oktagon_Daiane
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
       When TDW was released, we have seen the top 5 rewards(platinum) going from 300 jewels to 220 jewels. I wouldn't be surprised if it was anticipating this new tier to come ...     The new top tier having his top 5 at 300 jewels like platinum before TDW ...
       It is pure speculation though ...
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    To focus back on topic, what I want to know is :

How did the initial level got calculated?

I was leveled to 41. This requires (estimated guess, based on crowd research!) around 85.000 xp. Taking the new XP values of cards, I have around 6 times that much XP, not counting partly mastered cards. I nearly have that much xp in commons alone (70k)! Since I don't have a lot of data in the lower level, it's within the error range.

How much XP are necessary for each level and what are the rewards?

It looks like you get :
    Runes based on your level in steps of 100-125 runes (known, likely bigger steps at lower levels).
    One legacy booster every second level
    Gold and pinks every ten levels

Also, why were the rewards tiered, and why like they were?

The brackets take up to 13 levels (that I'm aware of), and every player received the same rewards within one group. I was lucky being 41 not 40,this granted me 15k runes, 100 gold and 20 pink extra. The player at lvl 40 received the same as the one at level 28.

This all wouldn't be a big deal if we knew stuff upfront.

• Tremayne
    Options
    I would add the following question to @Laeuftbeidir

What kind of XP should different events/story mode provide?

please provide a table similar to the old one listed here: https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-questions---general&f=player-s-guide-to-the-color-mastery-design&p=all
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Plus : why do different sets hold different XP values?
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please also explain the logic in awarding Origin packs when If I got to level 42 it's pretty obvious I have everything already... The reward of an old pack is worthless. Reward me with a pack of the newest set, or mana crystals or better yet  a card I don't have.  A reward for actually getting to where I am would be nice. not something so pathetic.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    So D3/Octagon got nothing on the topic of mastering cards?

I know that you have stated that mastering is a ongoing development issue, but are you seriously going to keep the players without even some clue as to what is going to happen? Particularly since there are so many issue reported on this topic.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    I'm still concerned about the not even remotely intuitive level decision. I don't even care about the rewards, but until the doors holding the information back are open, my wallet remains closed.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I made two separate posts in the bugs subforum in the hopes that we will get more info. One about card mastery and another about player experience.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Well I hope that will loosen someone’s tongue @ZW2007-
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Sorry for the radio silence on this topic. We've been working with Oktagon to get a blog post written up real quick, and the whole process from conception to finalization has been a flurry of activity.

You can check out the announcement of the blog post HERE
  • Tremayne
    Options
    As the OP I would like to start by saying: thank you for the blog post!

It helps to clarify some issues with the recent update. Mind you I do not agree with all of it, but that is as expected. :smile:

I do hope that you will follow up on this with a new blog post in the next 2-3 weeks which addresses some of the remaining issues.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, that blog post was a slap in the face of veterans.....and based on what the post says, the reason for screwing over veterans was...laziness???

I'm speechless
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Thuran - how did you arrive at laziness?