Please provide information on mastering quickly!!!

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    not per say a veteran either i started during soi have spent money and i had the fun of "playing" battle grounds before it left, like the tg better but it is hard to get runes and the grind from the replacements at times seems worse than the problem they fixed, not ready to give up the game but the blahs have hit thats for sure
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for following up on this.

looking forward to read it.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    So, beginning from level 50, the rune reward don't grow anymore, but are fixed. In return, a stream of gold and pink gets constantly in.
    Also, the XP required is fixed at 6500xp - if that continues, the current maximum level is in the 140's.
    I got this data from a player with a comparable collection to mine who started at 32 and grinded into the high 50s already - a level that I can't possibly achieve at all right now.
    I just want all my XP zero'd at this point 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards

I just want all my XP zero'd at this point 
    If they weren't going to give us full rewards, I think that would have been the best solution when the update came out.

Let everyone keep their mastery points, but zero out the XP that they had gained (so everyone starts at level 1 but keeps their tiers).  Maybe give the rewards they did as is based on the amount of XP that got voided.

That way everyone has access to the same level up system and level up rewards, but doesn't lose their tier and gets a nice reward for all the time they put in until now.
  • Tremayne
    @Mburn7 - it actually sounds like a pretty good idea, if D3/Octagon had communicated it clearly before rolling out the change!! 

Sadly, this is the part that is forgotten again and again by D3/Octagon, so seemingly not something worth expecting to happen.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tremayne said:
    @Mburn7 - it actually sounds like a pretty good idea, if D3/Octagon had communicated it clearly before rolling out the change!! 

Sadly, this is the part that is forgotten again and again by D3/Octagon, so seemingly not something worth expecting to happen.
    Sadly you are correct.  Communication seems to be super low down on their priority list.

Appropriately, here is this week's Maro post on the MTG website about Empathy and Communication in game design.  D3/Oktagon should probably be reading these.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/other-peoples-shoes-2019-02-18
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Putting together an informational post doesn't sound like a fix or correction it sounds like an excuse for a screw up. Not holding my breath that they will put this right.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Mburn7 said:
    -snip-

Appropriately, here is this week's Maro post on the MTG website about Empathy and Communication in game design.  D3/Oktagon should probably be reading these.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/other-peoples-shoes-2019-02-18
    That was a fantastic and insightful read, as per the usual, considering it's a Mark Rosewater article. Thanks for providing that link! 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this topic.

Our team got together to have a detailed discussion and we're currently putting together an informational post in the forum that should hopefully address some of the major concerns players have expressed. It's currently going through its first draft and round of review, so barring any need for major changes to it, we hope to post it some time next week.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

So was there a major change needed? The weeks almost at an end.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rewards in the 50s and 60s are a fixed low amount of runes and gold. 68 is the highest level reported so far - the player started at 32. He'll likely be able to gain another level. While owning more cards than him, I'm currently limited to level 49.
  • Brigby
    Brakkis said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this topic.

Our team got together to have a detailed discussion and we're currently putting together an informational post in the forum that should hopefully address some of the major concerns players have expressed. It's currently going through its first draft and round of review, so barring any need for major changes to it, we hope to post it some time next week.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
    So was there a major change needed? The weeks almost at an end.
    We just want to make sure we have the full picture first, especially considering how Player Levels and Card Experience interact with future features yet to be implemented, in order to ensure any information we mention is accurate.

We've been passing the document back and forth this week, and it feels like we're nearing the finish line. Thanks for being so patient!
  • Tremayne
    Thank you for the update @Brigby

I may be reading to much into your message, but it seems you are doing it again. Only communicating the absolute correct and approved information. This tends to lead to very restricted communication that - based upon previous experience - rarely contains very much  context.

Here is two examples: Ex. 1: MTGPQ is facing issues with how players are matched during PVP events. Therefore a new mastering system is under development. Although, the primary function is to solve the problem listed above, it quickly became apparent that the mastering system could also be used for solving these secondary issues...

Like the old tier system, the development team want the players to use as many cards from their library as possible, but in the future the players are going to have a numeric rank/level and during a interim period also the old tier system, which we are considering to keep, but may end up removing.

Ex. 2: As part of the update last week MTGPQ now includes a new rank/level system, which means all players have been assigned a level.

Right now the system does nothing, but we plan to develop it further in the future.

Conclusion: As should be evident there are no real information in ex. 2, whereas ex. 1 tries to describe what the problem is and how far the development team have gotten.

regardless of what you implement, someone is going to be upset, because you didn’t implement the right thing. However, I for one can better accept a solution if I know what it is trying to fix, even if I don’t like the solution!
  • Irishme
    Irishme Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Any update on this? @Brigby
  • Brigby
    Irishme said:
    Any update on this? Brigby
    We actually just posted a write up about this topic, which you can find here: Player Level and Card Experience