kitty and grocket and the changing of the pvp meta

12346»

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    zippee said:

But what I dont get is where's the drawback to her? Where as Phoenix creates enemy attack tiles if there are 5 or more friendly special tiles. Banner creates enemy attack tile for non down ally. Both of those cost ap. 
    That's on theme for the character. Both Phoenix and Hulk are unpredictable, each can turn against you at any moment. Not something Kitty would do 

bbigler said:

I just read the Silver Surfer thread............5*s did "break" the game because it was such a huge jump above the 4* tier.  But nowadays boosted max-champed 4*s can compete with level 450 5*s, which is good.  

that was true when 4* were maxed at 270. It was championing that closed the gap by adding another 100 levels
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    My Wolveroach account has been hunting Simulator for Rocket / Gamora / Medusa teams, his sole prey, with Okoye / Deadpool / Kraven.  They're getting harder to find, but Kitty / pick 2 of [Rocket|Gamora|Medusa] is just as tasty a snack.
    Except championed Kitty, of course.  Too much of a mouthful.  Tiny Kittys are much nicer.
    :edit: Note to self, also avoid nearly-championed Kitty.
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited January 2019
    She-Hulk PVP:
    Since Kitty and R&G are not boosted, it feels kinda terrible to use Kitty+R&G especially if CPU matches away the strike tiles early and there's no way to add them back.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    That’s why Gritty is not THE new meta (at least for 5* players) but another meta.  Hopefully some new 5’s come along soon that either present a 3rd viable team or perhaps team well with Kitty in a different way. Or Doom or someone else. 

It is a good thing that there are two viable meta teams.  Keep ‘em coming please!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I've been using Kraven/Okoye/Iceman. Match a few blues and start the stun train

Also XFDP works really well too
  • zippee
    zippee Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Pongie said:
    That's on theme for the character. Both Phoenix and Hulk are unpredictable, each can turn against you at any moment. Not something Kitty would do 

I can see the part about those two being "unpredicatable" but it doesn't make them as useful as Pryde. She might have an hidden internal galactic power she's hiding.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    SaltyK said:
    She-Hulk PVP:
    Since Kitty and R&G are not boosted, it feels kinda terrible to use Kitty+R&G especially if CPU matches away the strike tiles early and there's no way to add them back.
    I've been making a point of having Strike-generating Team-Ups (Nova, C4rol, even Patch) on hand when I use them if I don't have a good third. Doesn't do anything for defense, but it helps a lot on offense.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    zippee said:
    Pongie said:

I can see the part about those two being "unpredicatable" but it doesn't make them as useful as Pryde. She might have an hidden internal galactic power she's hiding.
    Yup Turns out predictable team mates are better than unpredictable ones. Who'd have guessed ;)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just beat Gritty with 5* DD and Bishop first try in Shulks PVP. Just wanted to see if I could. 

I have yet to lose to Gritty with Thorkoye. And my Thor isn’t even champed. You only need to match 4 tiles to stop the buffing. With all the cascades that Thor drops that usually doesn’t take long. I had one PVP match where none of the 7 strikes were matchable turn one. I ended up having to use a 1* Widow stun teamup to win. But every other match I won using no teamups or boosts. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    You'll lose to a gritty eventually.  I usually take on gritty with 50Thor/ full health DD, +2 purple and +2 all, and still can lose.  Maybe there's better teams, but stealing the tiles is too good of a feeling.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Why okoye wakanda forever is not boosting kitty circuit breaker damage? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    You'll lose to a gritty eventually.  I usually take on gritty with 50Thor/ full health DD, +2 purple and +2 all, and still can lose.  Maybe there's better teams, but stealing the tiles is too good of a feeling.
    I've lost to them, just not while running Thorkoye.  However, I have lost a ton to Thorkoye (and other teams) running my own Gritty.  Bad placement of strikes can make for a long match and there are no nukes to one-shot Thor when you get him to half-health.  Thorkoye is almost foolproof on offense and super weak on defense.  Gritty is much less reliable on offense but better on defense.  Glad the meta has both.
  • walkerdog
    walkerdog Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    KGB said:
    Don't forget if Rocket gets nerfed then Gritty will quickly change to Caritty  (Carnage+Kitty) since on turn 2 she'll be boosting his tiles with the even worse effect that he spawns infinite tiles for her to boost.

The only reason Gritty is more popular is that it starts on turn 1 instead of turn 2 and the fact there is no self damage from the enemy tiles Carnage creates. But don't think for a minute people won't switch to Caritty if Rocket goes away.

If you want to fix something, fix Kitty's passive. In another thread I said it should just change so that it boosts 5* character created tiles by the stated amount and any other tier tiles by a lesser amount (say 1/4 or 1/5). Voila, Gritty, Caritty etc goes away but she remains viable in 5* land as new 5* characters get released who can pair with her.

KGB
    This is kind of a silly try - Carnage makes enemy tiles too, so while it's not easy to beat, it's much more counterable when you get to use their carnage to fuel your team of medusa/kitty/whoever. You could swap in someone like Mr F, prowler, drax, or kraven and still be in great shape bc carnage doesn't start triggering the passive on t1.

It's still a good defensive team but not so miserable and hard to attack with a variety of characters.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Caritty's biggest weakness is a boosted Prowlerdusa. They'll steal Kitty's boosted tiles and get health when the other team matches the tiles they just stole away. Again, Kitty is not a character to build a meta around. She's a glass jaw character once she has no tiles to boost.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    My Wolveroach account has been hunting Simulator for Rocket / Gamora / Medusa teams, his sole prey, with Okoye / Deadpool / Kraven.  They're getting harder to find, but Kitty / pick 2 of [Rocket|Gamora|Medusa] is just as tasty a snack.
    Except championed Kitty, of course.  Too much of a mouthful.  Tiny Kittys are much nicer.
    Quoting myself is bad form, I don't care.
    Update, Wolveroach is now avoiding Kitty only if she has more than 3 yellow.  Or if Bishop is in the team.
    Soft Kitty, warm Kitty, little ball of fur...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quoting myself is bad form, I don't care.
    Update, Wolveroach is now avoiding Kitty only if she has more than 3 yellow.  Or if Bishop is in the team.
    Soft Kitty, warm Kitty, little ball of fur...
    So .......... a big cat, a small tree, and a small raccoon along with an evangelist are the toughest team in 4* land? Wow.........who could have guessed that.