Sinister 600 Poll: How do you like this event?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love it!!
    Phumade said:
    The number of people with double digit Max champed 4* is pretty large.  Those are not  outlier rosters by any stretch.  with the buffs, level 340 isn't unqiue or special at all,  In an age where FTP players routinely crack 1kcp hoards.  130 4* covers doesn't sound very impressive at all.

Define large please.  While you are at it, since you seem to be aware of that number, feel free to share.  Otherwise, you are making a guess or assumption, neither of which helps the argument.  
    I can only look at the top 20 alliances.  of the 400 people there, well over 75% have 10+ 5* champs and a 10+4* over lvl 340.  There are lot of big power rosters out in the game.  The game isn't full of little noob sheep like everyone thinks.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Other (explain below)
    I'm changing my vote to hate it. Thanks to messing up the first day and getting smoked on deadly, along with being in an alliance who didn't have 14 people who could do a full clear, I didn't get a single 4* cover from this waste of time.

I can't recall any other boss event where getting full rewards was impossible if you messed up day 1. Now I'm just bitter.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate it!!
    Tiny upside:

This event doesn't conflict with PVP Season end.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    Phumade said:
    The number of people with double digit Max champed 4* is pretty large.  Those are not  outlier rosters by any stretch.  with the buffs, level 340 isn't unqiue or special at all,  In an age where FTP players routinely crack 1kcp hoards.  130 4* covers doesn't sound very impressive at all.

Define large please.  While you are at it, since you seem to be aware of that number, feel free to share.  Otherwise, you are making a guess or assumption, neither of which helps the argument.  
    I can only look at the top 20 alliances.  of the 400 people there, well over 75% have 10+ 5* champs and a 10+4* over lvl 340.  There are lot of big power rosters out in the game.  The game isn't full of little noob sheep like everyone thinks.  
    There are what, 973 alliances participating in events these days?

Making another guess or assumption in response to the quoted response is pretty bold.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate it!!
    DeNappa said:
    The reward structure is a real downer. That's why I chose 'hate it'.

Let me explain using our alliance as example. You could probably describe the majority of members as 'hardcore casual', and consists of players in varying strengths but usually have at least a base of decently established 3* rosters. Participation in alliance events is usually good too. However, we don't have a hard requirement on play time or scores. Because, hey, real life gets in the way sometimes too, right?

In 'normal' alliance events, we are usually able to collectively finish all rounds that reward a 4* cover. There have been a few cases where we also finished the final round, even.

In 'sinister 600', to reach the max progression reward in a difficulty, you need about 14,15 people do full clears on a day (and I think that's counting the required characters; it may be more if people miss out because they do not have Kitty or 5DocOc rostered yet?). 

If not everybody can play all the time to the max, this is a very hard (and sucky) investment requirement. Because it's likely that we're not able to reach the progression in any difficulty. The 'next to last' reward point is reachable for us, but probably not on 'deadly' difficulty (because it's scaled too high for some of our players). 

Net result: despite a fairly active and serious player base, I'm afraid we will not be reaping any 4* covers or cp rewards from this event, other than from personal progression.
    Just a follow up, as this event is drawing towards a close.

Turned out this went down exactly how I described. 'Deadly' was not manageable for most, and we lacked the grinding power to reach the 'Hard' 4* progression. Very disappointing.

Now, while that's bad, I do want to highlight the one thing positive about this event: the nodes were fresh and fairly challenging. It was refreshing to be fighting some different (and newer) opponents for a change. I'd like to see more of that!
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    Other (explain below)
    Update feedback after event.
    Good:
    - Event was over all really nice.
    - Use of costume to have different looking opponents was really nice.
    - Several team of opponents on a different event.
    - Different difficulty to match for everyone. Would have been even better if previous communication was done correctly. Difficulty seemed a bit higher than other event, hard was sometimes hard. Deadly was really deadly to me (where place of power deadly was a tinnykitty). It's not an issue to me to have harder event once in a while. But I guess casual player might be repelled by that.

Bad:
    - Too long to finish a sub (even if I think it's faster than the 3x8hours of boss fights)
    - Giving in each sub the same reward. What are we going to do with all these reb nebula covers?
    - Communication was not good enough prior to the event. Because of this, my alliance started on a sub difficulty not manageable. We did not finished sub 1 and we are all locked away from solo progression as well. We though that it was possible to get both hard and deadly reward in the same sub, which look not really possible. Or was it with optimal play? That's a similar problem that Place of Powers had. At least, we know for next occurrence of this event... Which lead to next issue.
    - You mess up day 1 by choosing a wrong difficulty, well... you mess up the entire event, not finishing solo progress.
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    Other (explain below)
    Already gave my feedback on page 2 or 3, just wanted to add more.

I played "Hard" on all 4 days, cleared all nodes except the 5* node.

Ended the event with 33200 points, the 4* Domino cover for player progression is at 34500 points meaning i'm 1300 points short.

Kinda disappointed.

Edit: My roster is not strong enough for deadly. Does deadly get more points?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love it!!
    SaltyK said:
    Already gave my feedback on page 2 or 3, just wanted to add more.

I played "Hard" on all 4 days, cleared all nodes except the 5* node.

Ended the event with 33200 points, the 4* Domino cover for player progression is at 34500 points meaning i'm 1300 points short.

Kinda disappointed.

Edit: My roster is not strong enough for deadly. Does deadly get more points?
    No, they all give the same points, its just that without all the essential characters you can't get all the rewards, which is very harsh (for the Domino cover at least.)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (explain below)
    Having finished it now, I'd class the event as OK. 

Considering the weakness of the rewards, I dont believe the difficulty of deadly gave rewards worthy of it. If this is how the rewards will be in future then the difficulty needs turning down slightly. I shouldn't have to use boosts to finish the 5* node the 3rd and 4th time for the reward to be a 4* cover. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love it!!
    On reflection, I still enjoyed the event, but with some qualifications - I enjoyed the challenge of a number of the nodes, but day 3 and 4 the freshness had worn off and it just felt grinder than a normal day (and took longer I felt).
    The 4 days of the same colour cover was a joke that my now 3/2/9 Nebula did not appreciate.
    Reward for effort ratio seemed off, and was way harsh if you were missing Doc (which given his age means there could have been a lot of younger 4* rosters in this position) 
    Despite all that, I enjoyed it (though champed Doc surely helped) and a change is as good as a break as the saying goes. 
    Designing these events seems to be a bit of an iterative process  and I look forward to the next one (though hopefully with more communication upfront) 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    Other (explain below)
    I've been  holding off voting until now when the event ends soon because, (for a variety of reasons) this is the first Alliance story event I've played. 

Pros:
    Enjoyed playing the event.  It was different style of story. 
    I liked the new costumes. 
    I loved how I had 24 hours to play each sub and didn't have to worry about maximizing points.  
    I liked the pop-up message asking me to make sure I wanted to enter the section I chose.  
    I liked how 2*, 3*, and & 3* was required for medium section and 3*, 4*, & 5* for hard.  

Cons:
    (I admit that some of my criticisms may be due to this is a first time Alliance story event for me.) 
    (Another side note: I only played medium once and hard rest of the time.)

I was confused on several things in regards how to best play the event.  Even though my Alliance is small enough that it didn't matter that we had no need to coordinate who's going into what section, I had no idea what to do.  I stumbled through medium my first day.  Second and third day went well because I learned so much the first day.  However, I realized after coming here and reading lack of communication as a major criticism, I felt better.  It wasn't just me.    

Rewards for medium seemed appropriate at the time I was playing.  However, looking back, since I pretty much breezed through medium, I realized that was why I thought that way.

Rewards for hard node seemed inappropriate.  My roster was effectively challenged (pro comment), but the reward did not seem to be enough for the effort/challenge needed to play each node all 4 times. 

Lastly, I do have Domino but I do not have Classic Doc Ock.  I had no idea that even though I lacked the required 5* for this event, it would servery impact progression reward.  I wish this was communicated more clearly.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    A bit of a mixed bag but it wasn’t all bad.

Good
    I enjoyed the variety of enemies
    New costumes - nice!
    New story content (see bad)
    Not operating on a timer
    Choice of difficulty 

Bad
    Gated personal and alliance progression awards behind Domino and 5* Ock
    Unforgiving progression points totals (not well communicated)
    Lack of detail in communications
    Story was confusing
    Boosted list not consistent with the story

Meh
    Deadly was actually pretty challenging, depends on how you like that kind of thing...
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Other (explain below)
    Other    
    I like new events, I LOVE progression event, no time slices, no grind, I really love this.
    So why I haven't voted for like? Because if the rewards.
    4 Nebula's red covers....really? Development team has failed big time, ruining my excitement 😑
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Other (explain below)
    Other ;

The structure of the even was just fine. The story was cool and engaging, difficult fights against well structured teams, alliance communication, etc. However, the rewards sucked. They did not fit or match the amount of work or difficulty of the fights. I found myself unmotivated to finish fights after getting the main rewards I wanted. Give out progress rewards similar in structure to that of a boss event, then we are talking.

• Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Other (explain below)
    The Good:
    • New story
    • Variety of opponents
    • Play at your own time style
    The Bad:
    • Same colors rewarded each day for Blade and Nebula... really?
    • 5* essential points counting towards personal progression
    • Lack of more information in general (I made the mistake of entering Deadly the first day thinking I could handle it... but ended using all my health packs and almost all my Whale points)
    The event have potential, but I just hope some adjusts to be made for the next run of it.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Hate it!!
    we are pretty casual I admit but 2/3 of my alliance stopped playing after 2 days- we usually get level 7 reward for boss often level 8. Consensus was it was boring and too much grind for those rewards.

I like the idea and basic concepts though, was nice to see new story and skins - I do appreciate that they are still trying out new stuff, just think this one was a miss
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Here's where I think the problem lies,  since it's introduction the 5star node has not figured into progression targets,  in this event it does.  Ultimately this is a huge oversight by the devs
    You nailed it.  This has to be it. 

• nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Hate it!!
    this event was grindfest without the rewards...  i liked it that i had a day to do it, but felt too long