Sinister 600 Poll: How do you like this event?

Options
The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
Just wanted to see everybodies thoughts on this new event.   This does have the feel of the Raid (Places of Power) Event from a few weeks ago, but with some tweaks. So what are your thoughts?  

Sinister 600 Poll: How do you like this event? 198 votes

Love it!!
18%
PorkBellyantreas1911NeuromancerrixmithPunter1PhumadeGrimSkaldDartmaster01Alphateamrdevil32TrilateralusCT1888illusionist_KAMalcrofTony_Footmrcheddartiger92882Kjeldbjerg[Deleted User]The Viceroy Returns 37 votes
Hate it!!
47%
PuceMoosepoomermonWonko33firethorneburrichTaganovMoon RoachDapperChewieJexmanDeNappaStranger Danpillaroffaith23LHammernorthnorthalaethLoosieArctic_OnejreddTheDrStrangeLavaManLee 95 votes
Other (explain below)
31%
Dragon_NexusZeiramMRKolencesinnerjflkillercooltrat73abmorazmoss04Lystratadgt73ZootSaxBlindman13rdvargas1Nick441234halirinWarbringaWEBGASJackDeath666justplainchipsn25philly 63 votes
N/A
1%
khazzdivouneSpudgutter 3 votes

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Mixed. I love the structure, but I hate playing as the bad guys. I have the same problem with Prodigal Sun.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mixed. I love the structure, but I hate playing as the bad guys. I have the same problem with Prodigal Sun.
    Prodigal Sun is my least favorite event for this exact reason.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hate it!!
    I might like it tomorrow when I do HARD instead of DEADLY, but the latter is WAY over my pay grade. I assumed it would be as "deadly" as Places of Power, but it's substantially more difficult. 
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Love:
    Deadly is as says.  I loved the challenge of the 1 v 1 at the end.
    Domino required with marvel sitting there and enjoying your black was just malicious !

Not so much:
    14 people to get a full clear ?  especially since most of my group are now going only orange from here on in...

Query:
    What is the story for the other nodes?  Are they the same or we actually missing out on storyline?

NB. kitty and groot got me through all but the 1 v 1 np 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hate it!!
    Loved Places of Power despite the lack of info. Hate this one. I feel like I'm being punished for something. It's like being given a huge Christmas present that has beautiful and sparkly gold wrapping with a big red bow on top and then you open it and it's filled with coal.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hate it!!
    lakantanz said:
    Love:
    Deadly is as says.  I loved the challenge of the 1 v 1 at the end.
    Domino required with marvel sitting there and enjoying your black was just malicious !

Not so much:
    14 people to get a full clear ?  especially since most of my group are now going only orange from here on in...

Query:
    What is the story for the other nodes?  Are they the same or we actually missing out on storyline?

NB. kitty and groot got me through all but the 1 v 1 np 
    I don't know... I just tried Kitty/Groot on the 4* Domino required node, and it crushed me as effortlessly as it has crushed every other team I tried that node with (that's not entirely true; I'm 1-6 so far and did win somehow with Grocket/Yondu once). 

I'll keep at it, but that node in particular is obliterating me. 
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Interesting.  I had little trouble with the node, on saying that my domino is champed.  maybe that was the difference?
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Love it!!
    It never ceases to amaze me how any shadow of a challenge irks people so much. Deadly should be the hardest difficulty there is, for 5* players. And it's quite a moderate challenge overall. The 1x1 wave node was fun and required good strategy.

Hope numbers justify more new content like this. A bit confused by the rewards tbh, more communication would be great.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love it!!
    Overall I thought deadly was easy.  That said I have an appropriate roster and I play pve competively.

overall if your not a commander then who care?  Once the math is calculated, the clear orders are clear as day.  Yes the math is tricky if your a commander figuring it out on your own for the first time.   But do your research, send scouts, talk to your alliance.  I.e. be the actual commander who solves problems.  Once the route is done,  then the work is over it will never be an issue in the future.

as a play experience this event was fine.  The matches were a good mix of waves one time and 4x nodes.  Day 1 scaling was fine.  The enemies never really exceeded the level of my roster.  At least not to the same exent as regular pve
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The side effect of this structure of alliance event is that it shows you how good your leadership as a commander is within the alliance. It's similar to how real life leadership is put to the test:

1) How are you going to solve challenges when the answers are not handed to you on a plate?
    2) How are you going to handle your "troops' morales"?
    3) What strategies are you going to use to solve the challenge?
    4) How are you going to prioritise?

I finally agree with something you said.

As you've mentioned, all these are extremely applicable to real life. 1, 3, and 4 are applicable to literally everyone, not just leaders/commanders. As we all know, real life can suck a lot of the time. Things go wrong, obstacles pop up, carefully laid out plans crash and burn, or at best don't turn out how you want them to. You go into a new relationship or new job full of hope, but it's not what you expected. 20 years into a marriage, one spouse loses his/her job. Or maybe the family has to move because of jobs. Someone you love gets struck with a terminal illness. How're you going to deal with it?

As to the event itself. Yes, the rewards - particularly the CP and LT - are horrible in comparison to Places of Power. But if you look at it by itself, objectively, it's comparable to any other normal PvE. I'm satisfied with what's on offer. I'm happy to face new/different opponents. Although, I acknowledge that my alliance has awesome communication, and we all know exactly what the individual and the group needs to be doing. So that part is well taken care of.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Hate is a strong word but I am finding it stupidly hard with **** rewards. I wouldn't care if it was challenging with decent rewards, but that's not the case. 
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    I like the structure and the fact that we can play whenever and just be done with it. But the requirements for the rewards are stupidly high and the lack of information (shocker!) puts the whole event down.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hate it!!
    As an alliance we have started to do well at alliance events even though none of us have champed a 5* 

this event had so much potential with the story attached and not having to face dark avengers all the time 

but it was ruined by poor communication and poor rewards 

the fact that Hard was as difficult as deadly was on PoP and has left half my alliance unable to get to the target points 

all previous alliance and story modes have at least been possible to get to personal progression without the need to finish every node 

this event I suspect only me and 1 or 2 others will get to max progression 

as a result most of my alliance might as well not bother for the next 3 days as the awards are pathetic 
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Like the Gameplay. 
    Again I hate the reward structure. Don't have 14 people in my Alliance and it's not changed in years.
    Let players individually compete to get the best rewards and just give more to alliances.
    Didn't like getting locked out when I hadn't completed clears.