Sinister 600 Poll: How do you like this event?

Options

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hate it!!
    My god, this is brutal. Rewards are tinykitty for the slog, complete with a one on one Clash that is outranking my opponents. I am going to lick my wounds tomorrow and at best take on normal as opposed to deadly, provided points reset at the end of a day. I don't have the required 5-star, so I may have just shot myself in the foot from getting anywhere close to personal progression rewards from this event. And the Domino node, she's way undercovered and I can't get through Peggy in any capacity to make it a fair battle. It's not a fun event, even with 24 hours to complete each node. Give me Places of Power level rewards, though, and I think I'd be okay with a moderate finish.
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Pros:
    • Newness
    • Fighting different villains (Prowler is especially different B) )
    • Sneak previews of new costumes  :)
    Cons
    • Less rewarding than even regular alliance events (not got a dedicated PvE alliance but we reliably get 1st alliance 4* at least)
    • Feels much more of a slog for those lesser rewards - seems on par with last refresh of a regular alliance event, from the get-go
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Others:

Really like the gameplay even though it's similar to places of power.

I'm the only active person left in my alliance, having to solo this event means i won't be getting anything good out of it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    I like the new story, lack of time pressure, and interesting selection of enemies.
    The reward structure is stingy.  Having all the rewards back loaded is particularly annoying when combined with the points resetting each day.  I'm also not a fan that it effectively partitions members of the alliance with different roster strengths rather than having everyone work towards a single goal.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    I voted other, as initially my thoughts were that the game play is fine, but I have watched the first day unfold and have to say the rewards vs effort at an alliance level are not okay.
    I suspect for my alliance we will dial down from deadly/hard to hard/medium and I have to say this will be the first time my alliance has not gone for top level in any alliance event.  Overall this has my alliance feeling unhappy with the event.
    So I have to say I would shift my vote to "hate it".
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Very mixed felings.

Positive:
    • no timers
    • new stuff! story, enemies, costumes - meh, but others might enjoy that too, so it's good
    • difficulty
    Negative:
    • difficulty
    • locking out nodes 
    • even less wiggle room than Places of Power had
    • making players that lack 5* essential choose between hitting personal and helping alliance progression (as it looks after one day)
    • no way to see what essential characters are in a sub chapter (if there was a way, I'm sorry but I couldn't find it, which is still bad)

Personally, I like the higher difficulty and having to fight some trickier teams. But as an alliance event that has almost no room for slip ups on wave nodes (which is easier to happen to newer rosters trying to help the alliance beat hard/deadly side) or missing essential characters, this is a big fail in my mind.

It would be better if the alliance progression rewards counted all players no matter what difficulty they choose. That would give some base amount of rewards for the alliance, maybe similar to other 4 days pve or boss events. And then, give extra rewards based on hitting a threshold in number of players who do full clears in each difficulty. Or who enter the same sub chapter. Or whatever else that can serve as a gauge to how competitive the alliance is.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hate it!!
    i'll still get max progression in the hard sub rather than the deadly right? many in my alliance are finding it too difficult.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love it!!
    jredd said:
    i'll still get max progression in the hard sub rather than the deadly right? many in my alliance are finding it too difficult.
    Assuming hard keeps giving out 9300 points for full clears,  then you will be fine
  • Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    I think it would be better that instead of having multipe paths that have different reward structures. They should just have clearance levels. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hate it!!
    Mixed feelings, but have to go hate simply because the rewards aren't very good.  ISO and CP too low.

Went deadly and shouldn't have.  Figured i'd be able to "punch up" like normal.  The lack of meta boosted covers (like many of the events have) made this extremely difficult for a 4* player.  I had to blow a bunch of resources and whale points to get it done. 

To MPQ's defense, they said the level range and warned you.  My own fault.

I did beat the 1v4 node with Gam4ra :smiley:

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    I've liked the wide variety of enemy teams and the fact that each day will likely have a totally different group of opponents.  I really like that it's untimed and cooperative.

On the other hand, the difficulty in the "Easy" sub is still REALLY high for a new roster.    We have some 1*->2* transitional players in my alliance and having the minimum difficulty being Lv50 is a big ask for people who already would find the prologue Lv35 Yelena plus two muscles node difficult.  Having it rise to 100+ from there is just unreasonable for the minimum difficulty.  A level range of 20-100 might give the newest of players a fighting chance of contributing more.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Love it!!

Think about the event - what's not to love about it?

Any new content is always something that should be welcomed.  This is probably as close to an Alliance version of the Gauntlet that we've been all screaming to have brought back. 

Plenty of flexibility on clear times too which is always welcome. 

Rewards are meh and need some tweaking.  Only 1 Big Bad token is a glaring miss. 

The communication and coy approach by D3 while related to this event is not a fault of the event.  This seemed to cause the biggest uproar yesterday.  I hope they're reading this as why they feel the need to hide info that would make the event much more enjoyable I don't know.  Take note that lack of info is ****! 

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Mixed. I love the structure, but I hate playing as the bad guys. I have the same problem with Prodigal Sun.
    Image result for are we the baddies gif
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hate it!!
    Not to get all conspiritorial over things but I suspect the lack of info was highly deliberate. They want people to play this event, if they explained up front that basically there was a decent chance that it would be impossible for what seems to be quite a few Alliances to get any of the top rewards due to the lack of margins available on scoring, what was gonna happen? I was discussing this with my co-commander this morning and trying to figure out a plan and we basically concluded that the optimal way of playing the rest of the event for those of us who can get full progress would be to drop down to easy. Last I checked only 3 of our guys could achieve Personal Progression, possibly that might have changed if some hadn't completed their clears, I don't know. To make it worth our while we would have to play selfishly as our Alliance mates can't get full PP and the Alliance rewards in easy are probably mostly useless for the majority of them.

I don't know what we are going to do but there isn't really a way of getting a happy ending for all involved if the points stay the same. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hate it!!
    I said hate it because that's the best option, but that's not entirely true.

Things I don't like:
    1.  Rewards are very bad, worse than a normal boss event for most high level players, also worse for alliances that's can't full clear.
    2.  I don't like that an alliance that can full clear can only max out one.  I liked PoP where you could 10 and 10 and get two. 
    3.  It should be more clear what each node is.  I had many alliance members asking which colors where which difficulty.  Also some color blind players might have trouble even differentiating.

Things I like:
    1.  Play at your own pace event.
    2.  You can see the sub scores even if you're not in it (the only improvement vs PoP)
    3.  It has a story

Ultimately I dislike it far more than I like it because the negatives are much worse than the positives. I would say dislike/needs heavy improvements vs hate.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other (explain below)
    Mixed.  I like the structure as far as not being on a schedule, but this format is a nightmare for my casual alliance.  No one can figure out what to do.  Members are annoyed because they picked the wrong difficulty level (I know I was a little confused by it even though I actually read the info here)  There is also tons of complaining about the 1 vs many battle.  None of bothered me but lots of unhappy alliance members in the chat