Sinister 600 Poll: How do you like this event?

Comments

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Hate it!!
    If Days 3 and 4 are just more red Nebula covers, i will be done with this awful event. 

That said, moving from Deadly to Hard did make Day 2 significantly better. 
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Hate it!!
    Wasted event. Getting nothing for my time compared to regular story. Not fun grinding deady for minimal rewards.. Then we switch to Hard and it's too late. Some just aren't coming back for this event. So no 4* at all for alliance rewards. I'm ready for the next story event. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other (explain below)
    Also, the Lady Hydra sub should have had Dirk Anger instead of Rick Rage ;)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate it!!
    Worst event in a long time. 
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    I dig it personally, the deadly nodes are great. Terrific if this level of difficulty will be retained for coming events. A bit of a challenge and maybe even an actual chance of losing a mission, so one needs to think about which team would be best during a certain node, in stead of autopiloting through the game with your best 3 characters day in day out. 

Having said that, the comments about the difficulty for alliances are true, especially  when there is not enough information being given beforehand.

I wonder how many of the people that are on a demonstrative strike now, will complain that they don't have enough Nebula covers when she is mandatory in SHIELD Training next 4* release.
  • dgt73
    dgt73 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Other (explain below)
    Really enjoying the story in this event. Anything new is good as far as i'm concerned, shows work still being made on game. I like that there is no timer, play all at once or little here & there thru-out day, no stress or clock watching required.

Agree with lots of previous comments on reward structure, feels like too little. Maybe we've come to expect too much?

Our alliance is very casual, no way we would complete any of the difficulty levels, so no chance at any of the bigger rewards this time. With other events we do reach the 4* covers due to progressive totals over entire event as there are some players with extensive rosters.

This 24hr limit will benefit the more competitive alliances that can reach the endpoint in that time they will get multiple 4*covers. For our group I suggested everyone just play for personal progression for this event and forget about trying for the alliance rewards, so kind of missed the mark for an 'alliance' event from our point of view.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love it!!
    Many people have suggested in the past that Demi and D3 should start this, this is a perfect example of why this is needed.  There needs to be a Player Coalition that can see some of this and let us give feed back before things like this come out. Look how quick the Doc Ock/Thanos Death was reported.  Within Minutes of his change going live. You know why, cause players saw this when the stats were posted and knew they were going to try it and see.  Guess what, that feed back could have been givin before hand and then you would not look like you don’t know your own game.  For the love of God please let us help you.  We care and love this game as much it not more than your teams. Just please listen to us and have more open dialogue.  
    Excellent post and agree with it all, I agree the above would be great but can see why they wouldn't do it.

Lets say they come to a player pool that's assembled and discuss for example a change to a champion system for 3 stars call it a prestige system. 0.03 seconds later it's been divulged to the rest of an alliance or in the spoiler rooms. Locking any info down on stuff that was in the works would be impossible.

Lets be honest most of us know the next character coming out and the one after that. We knew the pig was coming and KP. Character spoilers are bad enough but to lock down features and events would be an issue I guess they don't want to have to tackle.

I do agree and wish it was possible because there's less and less in this game for me despite me loving it. 5* character releases have been damn terrible this year and it's all because they have been a minor tweak from being useful, something I feel 5* players could have dealt and advised with in seconds.

Such as Loki green being one countdown too long, this forum pointed that out in a heart beat. The players know what matters in 5* land and a 3 turn countdown aint it. So he became another one for the bench despite having an excellent purple. Read the same for Cable and KP. KP's black would never have been that costly if they ran that past people in the tier. I'm not saying I want them all top tier, but a minor tweak here and there even while they are in Latest still is surely easy and quick based on feedback from the user base at that level.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Other (explain below)
    It’s nice to have a break from the speed required in normal pve and the strong competitive battle for placement, but then I enjoy the speed required and the strong competitive battle for placement in normal pve. So I have very mixed feelings. It’s ok once a month but I wouldn’t like it to be the norm. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Many people have suggested in the past that Demi and D3 should start this, this is a perfect example of why this is needed.  There needs to be a Player Coalition that can see some of this and let us give feed back before things like this come out. Look how quick the Doc Ock/Thanos Death was reported.  Within Minutes of his change going live. You know why, cause players saw this when the stats were posted and knew they were going to try it and see.  Guess what, that feed back could have been givin before hand and then you would not look like you don’t know your own game.  For the love of God please let us help you.  We care and love this game as much it not more than your teams. Just please listen to us and have more open dialogue.  
    Excellent post and agree with it all, I agree the above would be great but can see why they wouldn't do it.

Lets say they come to a player pool that's assembled and discuss for example a change to a champion system for 3 stars call it a prestige system. 0.03 seconds later it's been divulged to the rest of an alliance or in the spoiler rooms. Locking any info down on stuff that was in the works would be impossible.

Lets be honest most of us know the next character coming out and the one after that. We knew the pig was coming and KP. Character spoilers are bad enough but to lock down features and events would be an issue I guess they don't want to have to tackle.

I do agree and wish it was possible because there's less and less in this game for me despite me loving it. 5* character releases have been damn terrible this year and it's all because they have been a minor tweak from being useful, something I feel 5* players could have dealt and advised with in seconds.

Such as Loki green being one countdown too long, this forum pointed that out in a heart beat. The players know what matters in 5* land and a 3 turn countdown aint it. So he became another one for the bench despite having an excellent purple. Read the same for Cable and KP. KP's black would never have been that costly if they ran that past people in the tier. I'm not saying I want them all top tier, but a minor tweak here and there even while they are in Latest still is surely easy and quick based on feedback from the user base at that level.
    I am not disagreeing that is risks with it, but there is also non disclosure agreements and just make it that if you are found to leak you lose your account. There are some of us in this game currently, I am one of them, that have something like this with their employer. The thing with this game is that is mostly 30-45 olds that are playing this at a higher level and have a career with responsibility.  So while spoilers may or may not exist in this game, just like movies/TV shows/ insider trading, I still think it would be worth this to bring a few in.  In fact, while I might be a very vocal person in the community, I am no way even close to some of the smartest people that I play with/against.  Those are the ones that have seen issues very quickly with some things. 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Other (explain below)
    Warbringa said:
    So the first day I did the deadly nodes and I found it individually fun and challenging and other than the rewards and poor communication, I thought the new event was a breath of fresh air.  So my alliance (a casual alliance with a mix of players from different rosters) decided due to the increased significant difficulty, we would concentrate on hard node for day 2 to try and get that progression reward.  We have done so but since part of our alliance can't fully swing the hard nodes, we are going to be getting even worse than the max rewards, which aren't very good at all compared to normal alliance events.
    This has been my exact experience as well. I was willing to overlook a day where folks were figuring things out, but this is turning out to be so much worse than a traditional boss event.

Such is the life a beta tester I guess.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Hate it!!
    This type of "lock in" event seems to be geared towards top alliances.

I'm retired from competitive MPQ - but I still enjoy leveraging my roster to help my alliance.

Ultron, Apocalypse and other Boss events allow me to push straight to the end, directly working towards additional rewards for myself and my team.  This new format makes it impossible to push further (and help "more") based on my roster strength.

Because we don't have the rosters in our alliance to finish even 14 Hard clears, we're completely stuck.  We could throw 4 of us into Deadly, to gain 2 'Blade covers"... but the rewards don't make the effort even remotely worth it.

I'm sure the top alliances are doing great, but for any alliance with "just a bunch of friends" at various levels of roster depth and play will be completely left behind.

As a solo event, I'd change my vote to "Love it", I love the new art-work, and the new one-on-one node.  And the format of once play per 24 is GLORIOUS... but as a team event, I an completely powerless to help my lower-rostered alliance-mates... and that makes it a fail in my opinion.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this is what we get when we ask for "new PVE content" I'd rather have them bring back Heroics.
  • Toastedpet
    Toastedpet Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Hate it!!
    I hate that my alliance needs 14 players to get the rewards.

We have a mix of players and while the deadly node is challenging and fun for me, only five or six others in my alliance can handle it. So now we're stuck playing the hard node, which is boring for me, and even with 15 players in, we're going to miss out.

At least places of power divided the alliance in half to get a legendary token. 

I like the structure of these events, just feel the amount of players to get the max daily rewards should be lesss, maybe just eight players, that way each alliance could only clear two and give all the players a chance to participate.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Love it!!
    I wonder if this is a way to "encourage" players who have been holding back to make the 5* transition? The Deadly seems to be about equivalent to SCL 8.5 (I haven't played 8 for so long I don't remember the levels). It is very challenging for 4* rosters, but easy for 5* rosters. 

But I wonder how many of the 4* players who are not happy with the Deadly are staying at that level by choice? Just a thought...

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate it!!
    rixmith said:
    I wonder if this is a way to "encourage" players who have been holding back to make the 5* transition? The Deadly seems to be about equivalent to SCL 8.5 (I haven't played 8 for so long I don't remember the levels). It is very challenging for 4* rosters, but easy for 5* rosters. 

But I wonder how many of the 4* players who are not happy with the Deadly are staying at that level by choice? Just a thought...

As much as I hate to admit it, it worked for one member of my alliance lol. 

Exact quote from in game chat:

“So I joined the deadly missions and they were kicking my ****, so I finally decided to level my 5 stars. Okoye and Glad. Thor are both champed.”

I personally found deadly challenging but was able to do perfect clears without leveling my fives. I did rely heavily on an unleveled 5 (Thor) though I guess he could have too, lol. But having a champed Domino to benefit from all that AP generation was key for me.

But an important point is his leveling was all for nothing because we still didn’t get there as an alliance and probably won’t do hard either. As a person used to being able to help carry the weaker members of my alliance to max progression in boss events and used to carrying myself to top 5 finishes, it’s super annoying. I’m ready for this event to be done and go back to normal rewards. It was a nice try but I hope they don’t run this again. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Love it!!
    So, it seems like many:

1) want an alliance event where they don't have to depend on all 14/20 or 70% of their members to make full alliance progression?

2) don't want personal progression to tie closely to alliance progression?

3) find this too challenging in terms of strategising?

4) give up easily?

I think the essence of Sinister 600 is what a real alliance event should have been all along: One for all and all for one.

I guess Sinister 600 is going to receive the same treatment as Fight for Wakanda PvE soon. :/

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love it!!
    bbigler said:
    I haven't read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned that you can't get full personal progression rewards without 5*Ock in the Hard or Deadly nodes?  I assume the Easy and Medium subs don't require Doc Ock, but then you're sacrificing alliance rewards.  The point is that every other PVE event allows you to get full personal progression without the required 5*, except this one.

No you could have gotten the progression with 4 days of the medium as well.