New Alliance Event - Sinister 600 *Updated (12/12/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:
    Im not gonna complain about the rewards compared to places of power, cause not fair to compare to anniversary event. 
    It's not fair to compare an anniversary special event to a Christmas special event?  There have been Christmas' that had better rewards/events than anniversary's in the past.  If it was not any special event I'd give you that, but it still is.  Also what is undoubtedly fair to compare is this to a normal boss event.  IMO these rewards are worse than those.  2 LTs vs 1 is bad.  Not to mention the cliff jump from 8 to 1 comparing with PoP.

TL;DR - The rewards in this event are a joke.
    And this is why they are hesitant to give us anything nice. If they do it once, people can only compare it to that....

And if you had bothered reading, you would have read my comparisson to boss events as well. (Its even in first paragraaf, so how lazy a reader are you?) So not sure why you repeat that as if you dont agree.. 

Anyway, I indeed think its not necissarily fair to expect the same or more here than from anniversary event.
  • Smart80
    Reecoh said:
    Richyyy said:
    Talus9952 said:
    So, there's nothing in game to let you know which portal is deadly, etc.  We have to look at forums to know which one is deadly?  Wow...
    I was coming to point that out as well. As of now the four entry points are just different pretty colors on the front page of the event - there's absolutely nothing on that page that states whiat level of difficulty each one applies to. That's a pretty significant oversight.

ETA: Okay, apparently you can hit 'Okay' for the sub-chapter, see details, and still back out. That's something, and useful. But making it clear before then - especially as hitting that 'Okay' is what locks you in during Strange Sights - would be nice.
    The four oretty colors are green, yellow, orange, and red, clockwise, in that order, corresponding to increasing difficulty. It’s not great UI design but it’s not completely impenetrable.
    Unless you are red/green colorblind. UI should never rely on colors alone.
    And we get to find out who the color-blind users are by whoever "Likes" this post.  (Like me, for instance...)
    Lol, sorry to dissapoint, i just fully agreed on the second part of his reply. ;-)
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Reecoh said:
    Richyyy said:
    Talus9952 said:
    So, there's nothing in game to let you know which portal is deadly, etc.  We have to look at forums to know which one is deadly?  Wow...
    I was coming to point that out as well. As of now the four entry points are just different pretty colors on the front page of the event - there's absolutely nothing on that page that states whiat level of difficulty each one applies to. That's a pretty significant oversight.

ETA: Okay, apparently you can hit 'Okay' for the sub-chapter, see details, and still back out. That's something, and useful. But making it clear before then - especially as hitting that 'Okay' is what locks you in during Strange Sights - would be nice.
    The four oretty colors are green, yellow, orange, and red, clockwise, in that order, corresponding to increasing difficulty. It’s not great UI design but it’s not completely impenetrable.

Right. Hence “It’s not great UI design but...”
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reecoh said:
    Richyyy said:
    Talus9952 said:

And we get to find out who the color-blind users are by whoever "Likes" this post.  (Like me, for instance...)
     @Brigby this is something that I think needs to be addressed quickly. You do have some people that are color blind that play this game and to next have any text or any way to call this out for those people beside this color is not a great thing.  I would suggest the Dev team to look at this and see if they can do a Hot Fix.  If you are wondering if they have done this before, they did.  4* Cage was a massive issue with his board shake and they fixed that very quickly. 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I think this is officially my least favorite event ever, and I've been playing since the game launched on steam #_#

The rewards are pitiful compared to the amount of time and effort to clear these nodes even with a roster that has over half the 4*s champed.

Bravo, didn't think you could top the boss rush, but you took an already mediocre event from the anniversary, removed one of two good things about it (the rewards, but left the can do anytime during the day) 

While I enjoy being able to do the stuff at any time during the day, that doesn't mean I want to spend 4-5 times more overall time per day.

Like I think I give, I think you win. I'll only get 1 4* cover from this, I'm just gonna drop down to easy and get the personal progression, and even then I don't know if I'm motivated for that because the rewards still might not be worth the time to clear all the darn nodes to get progression. 

oh btw, the worst part is your decision to hide information. I get it might be fun for you, but it's not for the players. and it just makes it feel like you think it's funny to not properly communicate with players.

it's not fun or exciting to have to try to figure out things while you lose rewards in the process. please at least get that through your heads... or don't... I really think I'm about done. You clearly only care about the 5* whales at this point.
  • MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Pathetic, the rewards are way worse than Ultron event while probability of achieving them is close to nil unless you're in a great alliance. Unless of course it sums up the points from all the days. Which would still be pathetic as it'd mean you're getting only 1 4* (plus another one from your personal progression). 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being color blind shouldn't stop you from reading the text regarding the difficulty of the node and sub you're choosing.  It's quite clear.  The colors are just there to make it pretty. 

The Boss Wave node in Deadly is against 4 High Level dudes: Nick Fury, Peter Parker, Spider Woman & Miles.  It's very hard to complete since you can only choose 1 person to fight all 4 in a row.  Fortunately, their AP totals reset after each one, but 4* players will find it very difficult.  You can use team ups and supports, but still.  I managed a difficult and drawn out win using Ghost.  Of course, invisibility is the key, but Parker can hit invisible characters.  Invisible Prof X could work too if you use team ups that create specials (Nova), along with his own special tile creation, then buff them to infinity.  5* players should be able to win with any top tier character.  Of course, you could always try out a boosted 5* Doc Ock!

I played Deadly and it's much harder than Deadly for Places of Power.  I managed to do my clears with a 4* roster, but it was hard and slow and I used health packs.  A few times, an ally died before I got the win.  The Doc Ock node starts with level 420 enemies (5*Thor, ME Hulk, GSBW) that go up to level 450, so 4* players, you've been warned.  I didn't have Doc Ock to access the node, but if I did, I'm not sure how I would win it.

In terms of rewards, it's not nearly as good as Places of Power, it is similar to a Boss event, but still better than regular PVE events.  With full progression (personal and alliance, each day) you can get 25 CP, 1 LT and 5 x 4* covers.  Boss events give 2 LT and 4 x 4*covers and about 20 CP. 

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    So you need 14 people in a single choice and all of them need to hit each node the max number of times to get the full progression.

Well this bites. We made a mistake again trying to spread out evenly, thinking we'd get away with 10 in deadly and 10 in hard...so we'll likely just go all into hard instead to make things easier.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    zulux21 said:
    I think this is officially my least favorite event ever, and I've been playing since the game launched on steam #_#

The rewards are pitiful compared to the amount of time and effort to clear these nodes even with a roster that has over half the 4*s champed.

Bravo, didn't think you could top the boss rush, but you took an already mediocre event from the anniversary, removed one of two good things about it (the rewards, but left the can do anytime during the day) 

While I enjoy being able to do the stuff at any time during the day, that doesn't mean I want to spend 4-5 times more overall time per day.

Like I think I give, I think you win. I'll only get 1 4* cover from this, I'm just gonna drop down to easy and get the personal progression, and even then I don't know if I'm motivated for that because the rewards still might not be worth the time to clear all the darn nodes to get progression. 

it's not fun or exciting to have to try to figure out things while you lose rewards in the process. please at least get that through your heads... or don't... I really think I'm about done. You clearly only care about the 5* whales at this point.

Wait, how is this event going to take more time that what you do in normal Boss events per day? 
    Or, compare this to the normal PVE grind plus clears per day. I don't see how this is more work (unless an unsuitable difficulty is chosen). 

Now, compare the total rewards you can earn from this event to a 'normal' Boss event. Does it really differ that much? Lastly, can you earn a LT from any 4-day PvE event? I know I can't, and I have many 5* champs.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:

I played Deadly and it's much harder than Deadly for Places of Power.  I managed to do my clears with a 4* roster, but it was hard and slow and I used health packs.  A few times, an ally died before I got the win.  The Doc Ock node starts with level 420 enemies (5*Thor, ME Hulk, GSBW) that go up to level 450, so 4* players, you've been warned.  I didn't have Doc Ock to access the node, but if I did, I'm not sure how I would win it.
    I've got a few 5-stars champed (my Doc Ock is now a 2/2/2), and I've been able to clear it three times.  I've wiped out five times trying to get that fourth clear, though.  Gamma Powerbomb from a LVL 400+ MEH is an absolute killer.  It took out 5-star Strange *and* my half-health Thor.  Fortunately, this was the first time through, and the newly reworked Doc Ock was able to take everyone else out.  Once they've hit 450, I'm not sure I've killed even one of them before they've wiped out my team.
  • zulux21
    edited December 2018
    RickOShay said:
    zulux21 said:

Wait, how is this event going to take more time that what you do in normal Boss events per day? 
    Or, compare this to the normal PVE grind plus clears per day. I don't see how this is more work (unless an unsuitable difficulty is chosen). 

Now, compare the total rewards you can earn from this event to a 'normal' Boss event. Does it really differ that much? Lastly, can you earn a LT from any 4-day PvE event? I know I can't, and I have many 5* champs.
    it's a ton more work than a normal boss event.
    a normal boss event has 3 refreshes, 5 unlock nodes, and maybe 2 extra boss hits for about 20 battles in a given day The first day of the event typically only takes me about 20-30 minutes total to do if even that. the other days depend on the boss, but even then I'm looking at 60-90 minutes for most of them

this one is taking 33 battles per day, and all of them are way harder than the unlock nodes or bosses and thus take way more time, for what seems to be worse rewards. My alliance can clear all the rounds in a boss event and get the 3 covers and token. I highly doubt we are going to manage a nebula cover given how much extra time and effort is needed for this. I'm looking at hours to get through the deadly node because I don't have a champed 5* roster. I'm still in 4* land, and it's never been an issue before even in the anniversary event I was still able to do stuff, but this one the starting levels are just crazy for a 4* roster.

As for PVE I don't usually do that because the rewards aren't worth my time most of the time. I just collect the tokens and do the 5* node to the CP on SCL8.

but w/e. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game after 1804 days. It's getting more and more clear they expect me to move to 5* land without making the route there any easier and just expecting me to grind harder and more. That they really want any decent players to only play in a serious alliance and the rest can just enjoy scraps. 

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm very happy with this event:

1. Untimed. I hope all new events use the no-timer format.
    2. New fights! Glad to have a lot of hero nodes to fight. 
    3. A new concept with the one-on-one wave node. I thought "this will be easy with my champed 5* Daredevil" and got destroyed. I took it more seriously the second time around.

Because of the untimed format I played a lot of the nodes with 4* (and 3*) teams, so I could make it as challenging (or as fast) as I wanted. It wouldn't bother me to drop down to the Hard node, as I could just play with a different set of characters appropriate to the node level. The untimed nature gives me much more control over my experience.

Could the rewards be better? Sure. But I could get four 4* covers from it (assuming our alliance doesn't make any mistakes). My main complaint is that the CP looks to be so much lower than a 4 day PVE. 

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the other three days of fights.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Brigby This event is horrible. Can we please just have new Boss events? Why is it horrible? It is a slog, is only suited for higher level Alliances (who get the rewards anyway) and leaves Alliances who don't have all the characters nowhere to go with the lock-in. Thanks for trying something different though.

• zulux21
    Who else is thinking the Deadly node difficulty is a test run for SCL10?
    This, and phrases among the lines of "This is brutal/slaughter/insane!" or "Oh dear God, what have I done?" kept going through my mind during the whole ordeal.
    I think it's a test to see how many players they can anger.
    my alliance has a bunch of people in 4* land that have been playing for 1600+ days and I think we are up to 5 people likely quitting because the communication about events is so poor (apparently by design) the whole thing is just frustrating and we feel like all our time and effort to build up our 4* rosters is rather pointless anymore.

if the developers think it's fun to hide information to only cause headaches for the players, eh... they can find other players.

that being said, my alliance has like 4-5 players in 5* land proper so I will likely be looking for people to take them in. They are the few that still care enough to get max progression on PVE and play a decent amount of PVP. or they might just rebuild the alliance who knows.

either way, this event isn't fun, it should have been obvious it wasn't going to be fun to the people designing it, and while some players are looking for a challenge a lot of us just use the game to relax. If you want to design events that require the players to be in a top 100 alliance that is fine, but don't be surprised when you drive players like me off.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who else is thinking the Deadly node difficulty is a test run for SCL10?
    This, and phrases among the lines of "This is brutal/slaughter/insane!" or "Oh dear God, what have I done?" kept going through my mind during the whole ordeal.

Edit: Props to D3 for actually making the Deadly node... Well, deadly I suppose. It was horrible, took way too long, ate all my health packs and then some... And I loved it. 
    Not doing it again tomorrow!  :D
    I ran Okoye Thor America through deadly and it was a breeze.  The only hard node was the 4* essential of Peggy, and 4* carol.  I was a little worried about the 1v1 but Jessica Jones did a marvelous job overall for me.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    This event could have been fun if they had done it the same way as Dr Stranges event, not an alliance event 

alliance events are normally a chance for us to have a crack at getting a reward by combined efforts without a huge grind 

this event fails for lots of reasons, 

perhaps the biggest flaw of all is that the reward for hard work is a Nebula cover , not even a legendary token 

so there is really no incentive for my alliance to grind away, I’m struggling to find ways to motivate them to be honest 

the story part was great and new character variations are interesting but apart from that there is no joy in this event 

• KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Gonna switch from hard sub to easy sub. The effort vs reward just isn't worth it and it'll be nice to have a semi-break from the regular grind.
  • Smart80
    Loving the event and difficulty of deadly. 1v1 wave is great find!

just 2 points that need to be addressed
    - really should be clear, where what essentials are needed and how much points you would miss without them and therefor if you could still make personal top progression 
    - please unlock nodes for extra hits... im so programmed to skip story, i auto fast forwarded here as well and now i cant get it back... :-(