New Alliance Event - Sinister 600 *Updated (12/12/18)

Options

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    trat73 said:
    trat73 said:
    trat73 said:
     So I just did the one on one battle and it locked me out of the node. Even though I didn’t do all the other battles.  Did I miss something? Was this intended? 
    Yes. That's the one time only intro node. Evidently, there's one at the end as well.
    I mean the large node that appears when you finish the “story line” nodes. I didn’t even start the essential nodes and now I can’t get back in to complete them. 
    Did you do the 'closing' node back on the main page? I did that and I can get back to the sub page - I did not check between fights to see if I could get in
    Quite possibly could’ve been that node but either way, is that really how they intended it to be? I don’t remember reading that anywhere
    No, they **** up again. There should be a HUGE warning to prevent this. I got locked out too
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    Talus9952 said:
    So, there's nothing in game to let you know which portal is deadly, etc.  We have to look at forums to know which one is deadly?  Wow...
    I was coming to point that out as well. As of now the four entry points are just different pretty colors on the front page of the event - there's absolutely nothing on that page that states whiat level of difficulty each one applies to. That's a pretty significant oversight.

ETA: Okay, apparently you can hit 'Okay' for the sub-chapter, see details, and still back out. That's something, and useful. But making it clear before then - especially as hitting that 'Okay' is what locks you in during Strange Sights - would be nice.
    The four oretty colors are green, yellow, orange, and red, clockwise, in that order, corresponding to increasing difficulty. It’s not great UI design but it’s not completely impenetrable.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone tried Hard yet? Is Ock an essential there?
    I'm in Hard and yes he is. Same points in there too 9300. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I entered the deadly node, did a couple of fights and backed out and now i can't get back in 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don’t get locked out.  Look at sub of the event.  Just like Strange sights.  You are on the Main tab for PVE NOT the sub. Just like every other pve. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I entered the deadly node, did a couple of fights and backed out and now i can't get back in 
    I figured it out. It is just bad design. Exit to main area and enter the subevent again.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    You don’t get locked out.  Look at sub of the event.  Just like Strange sights.  You are on the Main tab for PVE NOT the sub. Just like every other pve. 
    Aw man. I want to say it wasn't there the first time, but yeah, I probably missed that. To quote the immortal Chris Farley, "It's Herbie Handcock. Duuuuh!"
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in Hard but imagine that one on one at the end in Deadly is very tough! 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What is the 1-on-1? It says it has 3 waves of level 195. So do you have 3 individual villains you face? Who are they? I don’t want to go in without some intel first. lol
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm totally frazzled with all the alliance coordination.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event is a great big heaping pile of "double the frustration, none of the fun."

The nodes themselves aren't bad, and the theme/story is cool, but the actual planning and execution and rewards...

I'd trade it for Boss Rush.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    This event is a great big heaping pile of "double the frustration, none of the fun."

The nodes themselves aren't bad, and the theme/story is cool, but the actual planning and execution and rewards...

I'd trade it for Boss Rush.
    Was actually coming in to point out that they have figured out how to have a one person enemy wave node, where the AP resets to zero between waves.  Time to bring back Boss Rush.  
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What is the 1-on-1? It says it has 3 waves of level 195. So do you have 3 individual villains you face? Who are they? I don’t want to go in without some intel first. lol
    Might vary who you fight per difficulty, but you pick ONE person, then have to fight 3 waves against ONE other person.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not particularly impressed with the rewards, or the half-information we continue to receive before the event, but to give the devs some credit I actually think the design once you're inside the sub is pretty good. Decent spread of opponents, variation between normal/required/wave nodes, something different with the one-on-one stuff at the end, and an overall challenge level that's reasonable without being absolute walkover or throw-your-phone-at-the-wall hard.
    If this was just a sub for a new PvE, rather than an alliance event, I'd be pleasantly impressed.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Im not gonna complain about the rewards compared to places of power, cause not fair to compare to anniversary event. But coming up short compared to a boss event, where rewards are already less than I get from average pve, seems pretty bad to me. Unless the alliance rewards go up per sub off course, but there is nothing that suggests that... We at least should be able to earn 2 special LTs id say...

Being able to preview all rewards per difficulty is great improvement. Hiding it behind a warning, most of us with good cause wont dare to go through to just peek, undoes that improvement a bit though...

Using the secret door to main event screen from Strange Sights: awesome!!! The panic it caused everywhere, with people thinking they got locked out and got screwed, simply hilarious. Hahaha! Thank you very much! :-)

One other little thing i would like to see changed somehow, is the fact some of us are somewhat forced to join hard instead of deadly, to get optimal rewards. The one that tested the points in hard for my alliance, said it was far too easy to be fun and would want to do only deadly for day 2-4. I know its a bit about alliance coordination, but it cant be good, if we cant all have max fun, right?

Final thing, you might wanna have a warning somewhere, on who are required essential per difficulty..
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For the hard level the 3 bad guys on the one on one node are Prowler,Green Goblin and the new 5* Kingpin. Quite easy for example with Rogue.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Im not gonna complain about the rewards compared to places of power, cause not fair to compare to anniversary event. 
    It's not fair to compare an anniversary special event to a Christmas special event?  There have been Christmas' that had better rewards/events than anniversary's in the past.  If it was not any special event I'd give you that, but it still is.  Also what is undoubtedly fair to compare is this to a normal boss event.  IMO these rewards are worse than those.  2 LTs vs 1 is bad.  Not to mention the cliff jump from 8 to 1 comparing with PoP.

TL;DR - The rewards in this event are a joke.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    Richyyy said:
    Talus9952 said:
    So, there's nothing in game to let you know which portal is deadly, etc.  We have to look at forums to know which one is deadly?  Wow...
    I was coming to point that out as well. As of now the four entry points are just different pretty colors on the front page of the event - there's absolutely nothing on that page that states whiat level of difficulty each one applies to. That's a pretty significant oversight.

ETA: Okay, apparently you can hit 'Okay' for the sub-chapter, see details, and still back out. That's something, and useful. But making it clear before then - especially as hitting that 'Okay' is what locks you in during Strange Sights - would be nice.
    The four oretty colors are green, yellow, orange, and red, clockwise, in that order, corresponding to increasing difficulty. It’s not great UI design but it’s not completely impenetrable.
    Unless you are red/green colorblind. UI should never rely on colors alone.
    And we get to find out who the color-blind users are by whoever "Likes" this post.  (Like me, for instance...)