MPQ Winter Holidays Celebration! *Updated (12/31/18)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added "Happy Holidays Bundle" details
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i Have upgraded the app and I am not seeing the carnage bundle.  Anyone else having this issue?
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Question about Holiday bundles.  I honestly can't remember.  Is there usually only one?  Or, will a second one appear later, like around the New Year?  

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited December 2018
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    i Have upgraded the app and I am not seeing the carnage bundle.  Anyone else having this issue?
    I responded to your thread in the Bugs & Technical Issues section
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    And as you’re busy, might as well throw in Kingpin for Kingpin.. no brainer, right? 
     4* Kingpin is already a feeder for 5* DareDevil. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby Do you have any info on the family legends store that's mentioned in game?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Brigby Do you have any info on the family legends store that's mentioned in game?
    Soon™
    Brigby that comment alone brought me flashbacks to an old PC game Airrivals with a mod over there discussing patches before that game closed. "Updates are coming soon"
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Brigby Do you have any info on the family legends store that's mentioned in game?
    Soon™
    Brigby that comment alone brought me flashbacks to an old PC game Airrivals with a mod over there discussing patches before that game closed. "Updates are coming soon"

He was technically right.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Soon™
    Ah, should have thought checking here before starting a new thread about the Family Legends store. Thanks Brigby!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Family Legends store is just the store for the 12 Days of Christmas event. I remember last year they had a family store for CP that had some 5*'s.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    The Family Legends store is just the store for the 12 Days of Christmas event. I remember last year they had a family store for CP that had some 5*'s.

Yes, but the big question is: What fivestars are in there? Is it just a rerun with Phoenix, Black Panther and Black Bolt or is it something new?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Shintok17 said:

Yes, but the big question is: What fivestars are in there? Is it just a rerun with Phoenix, Black Panther and Black Bolt or is it something new?
    I wouldn't turn my nose up at that. Would have a decent shot of finishing my 3/3/4 Bolt and 4/0/4 Phoenix. Or at least getting one purple cover for her...
  • DenDevil
    DenDevil Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Am I the only one that has a problem with this new Holiday bundle?  Celebrate the holidays with Carnage?!  There was just a shooting at a Christmas market a week ago.  People were killed.  That is really carnage.  This just seems to be in bad taste. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    Shintok17 said:

I wouldn't turn my nose up at that. Would have a decent shot of finishing my 3/3/4 Bolt and 4/0/4 Phoenix. Or at least getting one purple cover for her...

Yeah, I spent a fair bit on the last Family Legends store because I wanted to finish my Black Bolt (for Gambolting purposes...), and I already had Panther and Phoenix champed, so all fivestar pulls would be good. Didn't quite get Bolt done then, but I made progress at least.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Soon™
    Is soon before or after it comes out in the game ( and before you go on vacation)?
    I’m just wondering...

people do appreciate the communication.

have some fun with your time off!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    Shintok17 said:

Yeah, I spent a fair bit on the last Family Legends store because I wanted to finish my Black Bolt (for Gambolting purposes...), and I already had Panther and Phoenix champed, so all fivestar pulls would be good. Didn't quite get Bolt done then, but I made progress at least.
    I pulled as much as I could from Loki's special store when he was released and my Bolt went from something like 2/2/1 to 3/3/3 and is now 3/3/4. Technically he could be finished by getting Medusa to 360, but that could take awhile with all the 4* dilution. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    Shintok17 said:

I pulled as much as I could from Loki's special store when he was released and my Bolt went from something like 2/2/1 to 3/3/3 and is now 3/3/4. Technically he could be finished by getting Medusa to 360, but that could take awhile with all the 4* dilution. 

Bonus hero Medusa. And Kamala Khan since she feeds Medusa. :) I had Bolt and Medusa as bonus heroes for a long while but I Went through well over 300 pulls (my hoard to cover Gambit and Thor) without a single bonus Bolt, so those Medusa covers came in handy.

I bought heavily from the Right to Rule store too since it had two good fivestars in addition to the new guy, so of course my fivestar draw rate was atrocious. I Think I got like Three fivestar covers from 50 pulls, and not one Loki. Oh well.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My Bolt was at 4/1/3 for the longest time, and that was after the Green cover from Medusa at lv280. When last year's Family Legends store popped up, I spent 800CP to try and get more covers for Bolt. I ended up getting 2 Panther, 1 Phoenix, 0 Bolt. Sadness.

Then the Right to Rule store popped up, the one where Loki debuted, alongside GladiaThor and Bolt. I made 64 pulls there - the equivalent of 1600CP - to try and get more covers for Bolt. This time, I managed to get him up to 4/4/4; that included the Black cover from Medusa lv300, whom I set as my sole 4* BH until she was lv300 (on my 32nd pull).

I spent the next few weeks pulling Latest LTs and spending 20CP on Classics for that chance to get the final cover for Bolt. Ironically, that came via a Bonus Hero when I pulled 5* Loki from a Latest LT.

TL;DR: I had given up hope of ever completing and champing my username. And now he's at lv451. So keep going.