New Feature: Costumes! *Updated (11/26/18)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm bummed that my lady deadpool costume didn't replace the character appearance in the story sections.

@Brigby
    Is this intentional or a bug?
    If intentional is there any thought to changing this in the future.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I don’t know if this is the best place to say this, but Brigby doesn’t just do a good job, he’s been trying to do a better job.  Notice how when the new character details get posted, he stays around and answers the questions he can right after posting, and gathers information for answers later.  He really seems to try to get information to us as quickly as he can, too (which isn’t always easy)!   

Anyway, I’m hoping the next costume offerings are a little more colorful and maybe have a fun way to get (at least) one of them.
    Very good post.

Also agreed on costumes - the first few haven't really been all that exciting and the price point certainly needs tweaking but no reason these can't be fun ongoing.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    broll said:
    I'm bummed that my lady deadpool costume didn't replace the character appearance in the story sections.

Brigby 
    Is this intentional or a bug?
    If intentional is there any thought to changing this in the future.
    As of right now the character appearances in the story sections won't be replaced by costumed appearances, however I wouldn't say it's out of the question for that to potentially change in the future. 
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:
    smkspy said:
    ETA: I'd vastly prefer comic covers over this feature as I actually look at my roster, which is what 95% of its only use.
    They recently added a video about Bishop to their youtube channel. That was the very first time that I saw his animations. And yeah I would LOVE to be able to earn comic variants in the game. I really want those variant covers that they had for Carol's 50th anniversary. Tie them to in-game achievements like unlock a variant cover when you reach a certain champ level, unlock another for using them so many times. They could put variant cover packs in vaults too.
    It'd be cool if MPQ could somehow secure the rights so we could read the comic of the covers we've earned. I'm sure people would be more on board for alternate covers then too, if it earned them a readable comic in-game.

If it required a permanent link to my Marvel Insider account, I wouldn't say boo. I'm tired of typing in my handle for my MPQ/MI reward requests anyway.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is just shocking on this one.  This is targeting the players that have no idea about buy clubs and the benefits with them.  How many of these sold will be to players that DON’T have 5* Thor because they didn’t see the print or they thought they could attach this to 2/3* Thor.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh yikes! £70.99 is a LOT of money to make Thor look more thundery and you don't get a Thor with it? I could not justify such an expenditure at this time of year no matter how much I love this game, Christmas is not about me so this is a very hard pass. Sorry Devs.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I hope the shocking over-valuing of newer resources in this game (costumes, supports) isn't a sign of desperation.  Also, I don't quite understand the appeal of skins in a game where there is like zero incentive to leave animations on.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Is it a typo? £5.99 or £7.99 sounds reasonable for a costume that does nothing. £57.99 makes it a contender for joke of the year award...
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KenshinUK said:
    Is it a typo? £5.99 or £7.99 sounds reasonable for a costume that does nothing. £57.99 makes it a contender for joke of the year award...
    It's just about $100 in my part of the world.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options

I mean, to be fair, it includes 15K Hero Points and 75 CP.  That's the most amount of CP in any one place they've ever given, I think.

I mean, it's still a "not just no, but tinykitty no," but it's a lot of CP.

• KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    KenshinUK said:
    At least you got the cheaper price on Android. It’s £69.99 on iOS
    Actually I play on PC via Steam. Steam phone app when?
    Also price difference depending on device used seems like an odd thing to do!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I laughed out loud and nearly spit out my coffee when that ad popped out. I'm totally F2P, so all these things are just curiosities to me. I was pretty shocked that for that price it didn't include at least 1 Thor cover.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options

JHawkInc said:
    "Costumes are rare and special - most Costumes will only be available for a limited period of time or only to players who reach particular achievements in the game."

Today's achievement?

"Have $75 to spend on a Thor costume." (because there's a new one in a bundle with 14k HP and 75 CP because the devs want to see if they can wring almost a hundred bucks out of you based on FOMO of a cosmetic item...)

The art looks neat, and I'd sure rather use it than the gladiator look, but this kinda makes me feel like Bob Cratchit with how Scroogeish this looks. "No, Tiny Tim, you don't get the fun new thing for Christmas, the fun new cosmetic thing that should either be free, or at least available for a reasonable fee and without the nonsense timer, so it can be purchased reasonably by reasonable people, instead of greedily manipulating people with FOMO to extort ridiculous fees. No, Tiny Tim, you're poor, and the powers that be have decided you don't contribute to society in a meaningful way, and so you get nothing. Not even for Christmas."

I'm not saying the devs should be haunted, but if they were it should only be by the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come because that's the sad one. 
    Someone saying someone else should be working for free or for a "reasonable cost" calling that someone else a Scrooge.

Ehmmm . . .

I know $75 is steep.  But MPQ devs have the metrics on who spends, and the price point was probably created with that in mind.  Later maybe the price will drop, then it may be available to other players who won't be able to enjoy it while it's so new and novel, but that's as it goes.

I get a $75 price point might be out of someone's range (it is for me anyways).  But to call MPQ devs Scrooge and belabor them for not putting stuff out for free, for shame.

If there's really a big community feeling that there should be volunteer work, maybe the community can get some artists and programmers and lawyers together and offer their services for free to MPQ.  It's a big step, but I think it's more feasible than asking someone *else* to work for free.