Servers Down?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    I finally got my personal rewards...but half of my alliance did not yet. No alliance rewards yet.

Just now? That's the first sign of movement since something like 2am Pacific Time, I think.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No...it was after the first system down thing earlier. Once it came back up, probably about 15-20 minutes later, they all of a sudden arrived

Edit...probably in the last hour or so basically...maybe hour and a half, etc
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    No...it was after the first system down thing earlier. Once it came back up, probably about 15-20 minutes later, they all of a sudden arrived

Care to revisit my last post lol
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Lol...ok, maybe I WAS lucky with getting my personal rewards. Now, if a huge box of gold would fall from the sky in front of me, then that would so prove how lucky I must be, lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Lol...ok, maybe I WAS lucky with getting my personal rewards. Now, if a huge box of gold would fall from the sky in front of me, then that would so prove how lucky I must be, lol

I hear ya. But then again I would probably use the gold to buy coins in mpq so... Maybe better you than me
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

I hear ya. But then again I would probably use the gold to buy coins in mpq so... Maybe better you than me

lol...I'm an equal opportunity gifter, or at least can be. If it helps my odds to get a box of gold, I'll be glad to share it with some forumers.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Part of the problem might be a mistiming between Android and IOs rollouts.

With the Spiderman nerf on only one system, Android players would be much more powerful than IOS players.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Part of the problem might be a mistiming between Android and IOs rollouts.

With the Spiderman nerf on only one system, Android players would be much more powerful than IOS players.

I fail to see the problem here icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    SOMEONE changed the news post this morning, so unless they leave that to the interns or something, there has to be SOMEONE at Demiurge today...

Almost closing time there, though! Us suckers can wait until tomorrow for, y'know, rewards, playable PvP, any sort of statement about the debacle that was Heroic: OSCORP, et cetera.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think it's our favorite web-slinger fighting his nerfs.

Perhaps but this is way too much chaos for just him.
    You know full well that he musta teamed up with Storm, Loki, and Rags to have achieved this icon_twisted.gif
    I didn't expect that

But seriously, the other game I play, PAD, is also experiencing problems with staggered iOS/android rollouts, and they announced that there will be compensation for that, a few dollars worth of the pay currency if history is any indication. Whereas D3 is, like usual, a black hole of communication
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh cool, you play PAD too? This has been a particularly frustrating day since both my main games are having issues at the same damn time.

I do think that MPQ could learn from PAD regarding issues and compensation. You rarely see much for complaints when there are issues because PAD does such a great job of compensation and visibility. They let you know whats happening, why things are down, and what thier plan/timeframe is. Then after its all over, some premium currency - enough to DO something with.

Here we get FUBAR'd events, server outages, and no compensation for the whole player base (expanding rewards was something, but only really made it so a small number of people got the extra prize, not the entire player base as is normal with PAD). Plus no statement all day.

PAD prints money. MPQ could take a lesson from being more generous and visible - when players are happy with your product and disaster recovery methods and compensation, they are more liekly to actually PAY for things in game. Seems backwards, but this may very well be an instance of "the more you give, the more you get".
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    kermitk50 wrote:
    Oh cool, you play PAD too? This has been a particularly frustrating day since both my main games are having issues at the same damn time.

I do think that MPQ could learn from PAD regarding issues and compensation. You rarely see much for complaints when there are issues because PAD does such a great job of compensation and visibility. They let you know whats happening, why things are down, and what thier plan/timeframe is. Then after its all over, some premium currency - enough to DO something with.

Here we get FUBAR'd events, server outages, and no compensation for the whole player base (expanding rewards was something, but only really made it so a small number of people got the extra prize, not the entire player base as is normal with PAD). Plus no statement all day.

PAD prints money. MPQ could take a lesson from being more generous and visible - when players are happy with your product and disaster recovery methods and compensation, they are more liekly to actually PAY for things in game. Seems backwards, but this may very well be an instance of "the more you give, the more you get".

What's PAD? I tried googling it and all I get is Peripheral arterial disease. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    just logged into PAD for giggles to see Log in day 275!

And my friend list is down to 28/70 since its been forever since i logged in O.o

I wonder if my SoD Lucifer is still tier1 icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:

And my friend list is down to 28/70 since its been forever since i logged in O.o

Nah there was power creep, now it's all about nuking everything with 20x multipliers.

He's still the best there is at beating tough dungeons with slow grinds. kinda like spiderman icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Nah there was power creep, now it's all about nuking everything with 20x multipliers.

He's still the best there is at beating tough dungeons with slow grinds. kinda like spiderman icon_razz.gif

Okay so im still good to go with Horus, BAO Robin, or my Goemon? icon_lol.gif actually wwait Horus only really gets to x16 doesnt he? ..****
  • Spoit
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Okay so im still good to go with Horus, BAO Robin, or my Goemon? icon_lol.gif actually wwait Horus only really gets to x16 doesnt he? ..****
    Nope horus got a new evo, you can get 20.25 with 5 colors now, or 25 if you do the harder to get one (16x is still plenty strong)
  • Unknown
    Options
    PAD = Puzzle and Dragons. Pretty great match game with a VERY deep team building and leveling aspect. Worth a shot if you like MPQ for sure.

SoD Luci is still fantastic, but not really a leader anymore. Horus is WAY out of date. UmiYami can get a 25x with less work. Like spoit said, everyone moved on to big multiplier "Spike" teams. But recently seems like people are moving on to 2.5 multiplier Devil teams made of Red Sonia "Ronia". I got one recently and even without being max level she is a beast who can put out 2.5 million damage by herself with the right set of skills icon_e_smile.gif. Even with my **** devil team I can get her to consistently put out 500k damage by herself. Also have myself a Kushinada who has been killer for spike teams icon_e_smile.gif

Sorry for the SUUUUPER offtopic there! Not trying to tell people to leave MPQ, they are both different and have thier own benifits. But I certainly think that MPQ should take a page from PAD's book for server/event issues. Just give everyone free in game currency of a significant enough value and everyone will quickly forget the bad downtimes and remember the compensation.

Hell, sometimes I get excited when I see downtime in PAD cause I know its usually very temporary (they keep visible with timeframes) and the compensation is always well worth it! Hard to anger your customers when they see downtime as a payday!
  • Unknown
    Options
    kermitk50 wrote:
    PAD = Puzzle and Dragons. Pretty great match game with a VERY deep team building and leveling aspect. Worth a shot if you like MPQ for sure.

SoD Luci is still fantastic, but not really a leader anymore. Horus is WAY out of date. UmiYami can get a 25x with less work. Like spoit said, everyone moved on to big multiplier "Spike" teams. But recently seems like people are moving on to 2.5 multiplier Devil teams made of Red Sonia "Ronia". I got one recently and even without being max level she is a beast who can put out 2.5 million damage by herself with the right set of skills icon_e_smile.gif. Even with my **** devil team I can get her to consistently put out 500k damage by herself. Also have myself a Kushinada who has been killer for spike teams icon_e_smile.gif

Sorry for the SUUUUPER offtopic there! Not trying to tell people to leave MPQ, they are both different and have thier own benifits. But I certainly think that MPQ should take a page from PAD's book for server/event issues. Just give everyone free in game currency of a significant enough value and everyone will quickly forget the bad downtimes and remember the compensation.

Hell, sometimes I get excited when I see downtime in PAD cause I know its usually very temporary (they keep visible with timeframes) and the compensation is always well worth it! Hard to anger your customers when they see downtime as a payday!

Never understood why developers are willing to waste code on making damage values in the millions. Just cut of some zeroes for frocks sake. The values on this game are where they should be. Low damage is a -1...not a -10000.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And down they go again.
  • Unknown
    Options

Never understood why developers are willing to waste code on making damage values in the millions. Just cut of some zeroes for frocks sake. The values on this game are where they should be. Low damage is a -1...not a -10000.

If i remember correctly from my PAD days, they do start in the single digits or so, there's just a wide variety of levels and monsters and so the top end bosses have millions of health.