*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

1171820222333

Comments

  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the clarification... but the way I read it, your description STILL isn't how Trickery works. For lv 4 it says "5 strike and protect tiles", not "5 strike tiles and 5 protect tiles". So if you're opp has 10 strike tiles and 10 protect tiles out, casting lv 4 is only going to take you from brain dead to a deep coma.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Thanks for the clarification... but the way I read it, your description STILL isn't how Trickery works. For lv 4 it says "5 strike and protect tiles", not "5 strike tiles and 5 protect tiles". So if you're opp has 10 strike tiles and 10 protect tiles out, casting lv 4 is only going to take you from brain dead to a deep coma.
    The description might be a little abiguous, but It is 5 of each.
  • gamar wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Thanks for the clarification... but the way I read it, your description STILL isn't how Trickery works. For lv 4 it says "5 strike and protect tiles", not "5 strike tiles and 5 protect tiles". So if you're opp has 10 strike tiles and 10 protect tiles out, casting lv 4 is only going to take you from brain dead to a deep coma.
    The description might be a little abiguous, but It is 5 of each.

    My Loki happens to have 4 Black currently, the description in game is as follows:

    Transforms 5 enemy Strike tiles into friendly Protect tiles and 5 enemy Protect tiles into friendly Strike tiles.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah cool... let's hope the OP gets clarified
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Running the Gauntlet this morning against Loki I did a match 4, which cascaded to another match 4 which led to a whole lot of Loki countdowns all over the board, which I had no chance to mitigate. Gave me a little more respect for the new Loki. The power won't make him a top tier character, but it does make him someone you want to get rid of even if you aren't using strike/protect tile generators.
  • The OP is exactly how it appears in game. The Level Up descriptions are shortened to make them fit on the phone screens. Level 1 is described as 1 attack and 1 protect and each level up is "2 attack and protect" etc.

    Trickery 4 does 5 of each, and that's more than enough, as pointed out, to at least even things out, if not swing your way.
  • Loki's Black/Purple actives put him in the unique position (with Blade) to match Daken's Black/Purple Passives and add in any R/G/Y User (Thor) for a totally rainbow AI dummy proof team. Mischief's random AP generation means you want a totally rainbow AI dummy proof team. The only downside is Mischief kills a lot of green tiles, so that green power will be harder to pull off, but thankfully Thor doesn't care about that. Sub in Patch for much Trickery fun.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Loki's Black/Purple actives put him in the unique position (with Blade) to match Daken's Black/Purple Passives and add in any R/G/Y User (Thor) for a totally rainbow AI dummy proof team. Mischief's random AP generation means you want a totally rainbow AI dummy proof team. The only downside is Mischief kills a lot of green tiles, so that green power will be harder to pull off, but thankfully Thor doesn't care about that. Sub in Patch for much Trickery fun.

    Mischief's CD is not green. It's the color of whatever match 4 that triggered it.
  • Huh. I only triggered it on green so hard to tell.

    Does this mean they are finally calling TU tiles basic tiles, or does this mean a match 4 of TU tiles does not trigger Mischief?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Huh. I only triggered it on green so hard to tell.

    Does this mean they are finally calling TU tiles basic tiles, or does this mean a match 4 of TU tiles does not trigger Mischief?

    Not sure what happens when you make a match 4 TUs. I guess I can send some guys to die in the Gauntlet to find out.

    Edit: Made a blue match 4, created 4 blue CDs to verify it is indeed the color of the match. Made a TU match 4 and nothing happened, so TUs do not get countered.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 5,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another question about Mischief:

    TU tiles apparently do not trigger it, but what about secondary match-4s, i.e., I make a match three, which causes a cascade that includes a match-4?

    I have definitely seen some match-4s happen in my cascades that didn't provoke a mischief, but I don't know if they were just TU tiles, or if there is something else going on.
  • After some more time in the Gauntlet....yeah. Green is actually a serious skill. I think I might go 5/3/5 after all.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    After some more time in the Gauntlet....yeah. Green is actually a serious skill. I think I might go 5/3/5 after all.
    Yeah, I triggered it without thinking and suddenly had to shift to damage control to try to get rid of some of the countdowns.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Another question about Mischief:

    TU tiles apparently do not trigger it, but what about secondary match-4s, i.e., I make a match three, which causes a cascade that includes a match-4?

    I have definitely seen some match-4s happen in my cascades that didn't provoke a mischief, but I don't know if they were just TU tiles, or if there is something else going on.

    it has to be a 4/5 match on a color tile, TU tiles won't work.
  • scottee wrote:
    Green is actually way better on defense than offense, because standard strategy is take all the match-4's and leave none for the ai.
    I used MMN+Cstorm on the hard sub node with Loki and that punk was stealing all sorts of (my) AP. As painful as it was, I enjoyed seeing him with some new tricks in his bag.

    ~~~
    The only gripe I have about Loki and Daredevil in MPQ is that their PVP events are too scarce! I'm on day 160 and have many 3* chars max covered now but only a single cover (per color) for these two. They've definitely gotten the short end of the stick in the char rotation. I look forward to seeing Loki and Daredevil in PVP events very soon!
  • Ok having fought him a couple of times in guantlet, Loki has become my priority one target to defeat probably more so than even the Hood. His mischief ability seriously hinders my ability to attack him, just make one 4 or more tile match and bang 4 countdown tiles that has the potential to rob pretty much all your AP, unless I have obw, DocOct or 4Thor with her rnk 4 or higher yellow, that AP loss can really really hurt you especially if you been targeting AP to deny the AI of their strong attacks.

    Due to one very insane cascade I was facing 10 of these two turn count down tiles, two of them got wiped out. Pretty much all that AP i gained from the cascade and more was lost as I couldn't clear the countdowns in time. For me he's indirectly increased the value of a number of character covers, 4Thor's Yellow, DocOct's Blue. Obw blue, Hood's black. There are still other heroes that target Loki's countdown tiles in a less reliable fashion like Cmags yellow and Board clearing abilities that storm, hulk and xforce have.

    He does change the entire way I play when I see him on the board as I can no longer make 4 or greater tile matches, which slows me down quite significantly unless I can take him out very fast...

    For me Loki significantly slows me down a lot more than the hood ever did, as I can't use any special tiles without him potentially converting them, any fast Ap gains from 4 or more tile matches is pretty much lost... so yea when I see Loki, he dies FIRST!!!
  • Phantron wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Huh. I only triggered it on green so hard to tell.

    Does this mean they are finally calling TU tiles basic tiles, or does this mean a match 4 of TU tiles does not trigger Mischief?

    Not sure what happens when you make a match 4 TUs. I guess I can send some guys to die in the Gauntlet to find out.

    Edit: Made a blue match 4, created 4 blue CDs to verify it is indeed the color of the match. Made a TU match 4 and nothing happened, so TUs do not get countered.

    Interesting, so if you destroy all Blues with a Polarity shift, or all Greens with a Deceptive Tactics, does it not do anything?
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    camichan wrote:
    The only gripe I have about Loki and Daredevil in MPQ is that their PVP events are too scarce! I'm on day 160 and have many 3* chars max covered now but only a single cover (per color) for these two. They've definitely gotten the short end of the stick in the char rotation. I look forward to seeing Loki and Daredevil in PVP events very soon!

    Which as of last week was a good thing. There were always groans in alliance chat and on the forums when they were rewards.
  • daibar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Huh. I only triggered it on green so hard to tell.

    Does this mean they are finally calling TU tiles basic tiles, or does this mean a match 4 of TU tiles does not trigger Mischief?

    Not sure what happens when you make a match 4 TUs. I guess I can send some guys to die in the Gauntlet to find out.

    Edit: Made a blue match 4, created 4 blue CDs to verify it is indeed the color of the match. Made a TU match 4 and nothing happened, so TUs do not get countered.

    Interesting, so if you destroy all Blues with a Polarity shift, or all Greens with a Deceptive Tactics, does it not do anything?

    Don't see why it wouldn't be any different from how you can't create a Recovery tile with no yellow tiles on board. I don't remember the timing on when Mischief triggers though, as some abilities trigger immediately on a match and some triggers at the end of a cascade. If it triggers at the end of a cascade new tiles may have been dropped that meet the requirement. I think the defense tend to trigger their passive at the end of a cascade though. That is, if you've Daken vs Daken you'll notice that your strike tiles get formed as you make your cascades but the enemy's Phermone Rage only comes at the end of the cascade, so in that case if you probably end up refilling those colors from the cascade you caused.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings, fans of treacherous trickery!

    You’ve heard that Loki is returning to Marvel Puzzle Quest and we’re excited to bring you first details on the new and awesome updates for the God of Lies and Mischief. Loki hasn’t been idle during his time out of the spotlight and has impressive new abilities at his disposal. Read on for details!

    Loki
    Old
      Trickery - 15
    blacktile.png
    Loki’s Trickery turns the enemy’s tools against them, converting enemy Protect tiles to friendly Strike tiles and enemy Strike tiles to friendly Protect tiles.
      Level Upgrades Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

    New
      Trickery - 11
    blacktile.png
    Loki's trickery turns the enemy's tools against them. Transforms 1 enemy Strike tile into a friendly Protect tile and 1 enemy Protect tile into a friendly Strike tile.
      Level Upgrades Level 2: Loki steals 2 Strike and Protect tiles. Level 3: Loki steals 3 Strike and Protect tiles. Level 4: Loki steals 5 Strike and Protect tiles. Level 5: Loki steals all Strike and Protect tiles.


    Design thoughts:
    This was an older ability that had the "Costs 1 AP less" upgrade path. We wanted to re-introduce Loki with a modernized version of Trickery that still kept all of its former power. Hopefully this ability is more accessible and useful at lower levels, while still being just as awesome as ever at level 5.

    Playability Thoughts:
    Nothing majorly changed here, although the ability now converts less tiles at Level 1 for less cost and converts all tiles at max level for the same cost. An overall buff, but due to how many tiles are normally placed on the board, it's not a huge one. Definitely a more usable ability at lower levels with the -4 AP built in.

    So my Loki with 2 black covers has rendered Trickery pretty useless (for now). Just went into a fight against an enemy team w/Falcon and I laughed when it only changed only 2 of the enemies' protect tiles. I certainly don't see this as a buff.