2.8 Release Notes *Updated (7/30/18)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't like the +mana bonuses not appearing on the board. When you make a move, your eye is on the board, not on your hand.. by the time I've looked at my hand the +mana has disappeared.

[edit] Especially with Karn.
    Felt the same way but I am adapting and getting used to it - It takes time.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby any info about missing rix MP? (reference to release notes for 2.8)?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't like the +mana bonuses not appearing on the board. When you make a move, your eye is on the board, not on your hand.. by the time I've looked at my hand the +mana has disappeared.

[edit] Especially with Karn.
    I second this! I am having real trouble moving from the board to the cards to actually see how much mana I am gaining. I don't get who was confused about the bonuses appearing on the board.  :|
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe the +mana should stay a little longer.
    I still watch the board to get the matches and cascades. But I like the information, how mana beeing stored on every opponent card, to anticipate what's comming next, or probably beeing hold for a reason (normally target is missing). 
  • nyar26
    nyar26 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Do we know when the new planeswalkers are going to be available for purchase? Or are they already somewhere and I'm just missing it?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nyar26 said:
    Do we know when the new planeswalkers are going to be available for purchase? Or are they already somewhere and I'm just missing it?
    Nope!!  But usually they go on sale one after the other, and for a few weeks each.  So I'd expect Bolas to be out in 2-3 weeks and whatever the first new mono-colored walker to be available then.

I doubt any of the non-Bolas ones are going to really be worth spending money on, and Bolas is only worth it if you have the runes for it and/or don't have the other Bolas (in my opinion)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    nyar26 said:
    Nope!!  But usually they go on sale one after the other, and for a few weeks each.  So I'd expect Bolas to be out in 2-3 weeks and whatever the first new mono-colored walker to be available then.

I doubt any of the non-Bolas ones are going to really be worth spending money on, and Bolas is only worth it if you have the runes for it and/or don't have the other Bolas (in my opinion)
    Bolas2 looks only good on paper, but he’s way OP in use. I do think he’s a PW that needs to be maxed though. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have both Bolas and I think B1 os better becaus his first and better mana gain.
    B2 shines if you heavy rely on loyalty gain. But fpr long term plans i like Teferi more. 

B1 Omni is still King of the Hill becaus already won when Loyalty kicks in. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also have trouble with the new mana bonuses--part of the problem is that the numbers are overlaid so that you have multiple numbers obfuscating other numbers, making it hard to track gains.

It's counter-intuitive to focus on the gem board, and then have to look away to see what actually happened.

/shrug
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren said:
    I also have trouble with the new mana bonuses--part of the problem is that the numbers are overlaid so that you have multiple numbers obfuscating other numbers, making it hard to track gains.

It's counter-intuitive to focus on the gem board, and then have to look away to see what actually happened.

/shrug
    Same here. Did actually anyone see a problem in the way how mana was displayed before? I don't wanna be the one saying: Why do you "fix" "problems" which are not problems at all, while the game is otherwise bugged as the kitchen at this one really sketchy restaurant in Berlin Neukölln, but I guess I'll just go and say it: Why do you "fix" "problems" which are not problems at all, while the game is otherwise bugged as the kitchen at this one really sketchy restaurant in Berlin Neukölln?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Have both Bolas and I think B1 os better becaus his first and better mana gain.
    B2 shines if you heavy rely on loyalty gain. But fpr long term plans i like Teferi more. 

B1 Omni is still King of the Hill becaus already won when Loyalty kicks in. 
    I have both too. Personally I think B1's 1st is overrated.  It's nice but B2 actually has a win condition built in. B1 does not. @bken1234 is right,  on paper B2 looks mediocre... in action he's OP. But... in your defense... with the AI, B1 is superior.  With player control,  B2 vastly out plays B1. Killing his creatures does nothing to slow him down.  He can lock out B1 with ease and ping him to death... actually he can do this to every single PW. I didn't think the AI could pull it off but I did face one match in which the flip occurred and he fired his 3rd. Then hit me repeatedly with his 1st. Lost fair and square. But I've only seen that once and I've had no problems facing B2 since,  or B1 for that matter.  
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:

Best of both worlds might be if the numbers appear where you match the gems and float quickly in a straight line into the cards they are filling up.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are you sure that more animation is the best idea here? I think switch (Old ui/New ui) would be more suitable
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    Are you sure that more animation is the best idea here? I think switch (Old ui/New ui) would be more suitable
    I'm not suggesting the numbers sparkle, shed motes of dust, or change shape.  Just a different position in each frame.  Calculating the positions would be computationally trivial, so I'd expect the required processing to be essentially equivalent to what's already being done to show the numbers.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When and how fast will we be seeing the new PWs hit the Vault?  At the current rate (2 weeks for $ sale, who knows until crystal sales show up), we won't get all 6 until after the next set comes out.