2.8 Release Notes *Updated (7/30/18)

Options

Comments

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes, the circle of death is spinning smoothly.
  • donvnny45
    donvnny45 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Exactly. And according to my Coalition, its iPhone users AND Android users
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed that, too. I'm on Android, but other coalition members have this issue on iOS.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    bluemage said:
    Ooh, it's all smoother, isn't it? The title screen seems a *little* more unresponsive than it was but maybe it's just different and I need to get used to it.
    I
     think it is different, but..
    It's sooo smooth!
    *cues Santana*
    Was just about to find a link on youtube lol.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    bluemage said:
    Ooh, it's all smoother, isn't it? The title screen seems a *little* more unresponsive than it was but maybe it's just different and I need to get used to it.
    I
     think it is different, but..
    It's sooo smooth!
    *cues Santana*
    'I' d even say buckethead - soothsayer- smooth, because it's smooth and really hot at the same time. Like, my mobile needs a break - hot.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Why did you guys distinctly state on 4 different occasions that M19 has a total 212 cards when it has only 190. 

Please, don't say tokens because those have never been counted as part of a card set before

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's probably that someone did a select on the database and it returned everything including the tokens and the planeswalkers and the flipped version of Bolas and no-one realised at the time. It wasn't deliberate or malicious, just a normal simple mistake!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    DumasAG said:
    Gunmix25 said:

babar3355 said:
    L4 with Glorious Rebirth seems awesome.  I think you just spam her first until you can cast Rebirth...  no need to bother with the ult.

She is probably the best graveyard PW hands down, but I couldn't imagine using her for much else. a bit too restrictive ability wise.

Yes, but that's why you have other PWs. For everything else. If you want to go ham on graveyard, you go with her.

Well yeah...  fairly obvious. Not sure why this even needed to be said, because I agree with you. And my post pretty much says the same thing...

DumasAG said:
    Why does she need to be the best at one thing and good at other things? 
    I have no idea... maybe ask the devs? They designed her

I'm specifically referencing where you say she's too restrictive ability-wise. She doesn't need to be not restrictive. She's the best at what she does already. Why is "restrictive ability wise" even in the discussion?

you do realize you are going in circles, right?  

But Sure... if you see ditching your cards for no other reason than ditching as an advantage I'm not one to stop you.  But if you say it's a huge advantage... then the following applies

The whole point is that her 1st loyalty requires you to be a bit more centralized around graveyard return to be very effective...  which is *drumroll* a restrictive ability that encourages a restrictive measure to be applied to deck building. She's the best at that ...  yet again that's restrictive in terms of what cards you can use to make her viable.  Powerful when built for it? Sure... with anything else? Not really... because there are more well rounded PW to use out there that can use a larger selection of cards. You could just ignore her 1st... but if you do that then you might as well play lill 3. 

-peace

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Except everyone is powerful when you build for them and they aren't when you don't.
    And sure... Some are less restrictive but they usually end up less powerful and when they don't they are unbalanced and broken!

So overall we want a mix of "bland and flexible" and "restrictive and powerful" and that's exactly what we have.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Tombstone
    One of the bug fixes is:
    • Fixed an issue with the Masterpiece cards being missing, when viewing the Rivals of Ixalan booster pack's available cards in the Vault
    But.. Its not true. Still chance for MP is equal to 0 and There is no MP when i look at both rix and XLn booster packs
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The 6-hour booster still contains HOU cards, which in turn might mean NO M19 cards (but that's just my speculation).
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The symbol next to the free booster (the blue band) indicates it is a legacy pack.
    Furthermore, when you inspect possible loot it indicates both HOU and M19 contents are lootable.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Machine said:
    The 6-hour booster still contains HOU cards, which in turn might mean NO M19 cards (but that's just my speculation).
    I looted M19 commons this morning from my free 3-booster.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    James13 said:
    Machine said:

I looted m19 common from the free pack as well

HH
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why spinning wheel of death whhhyyyyyyy
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    James13 said:
    Machine said:

Today I got an M19 card too, but that doesn't change the fact that it still contains (legacy) HOU cards. I didn't check the contents of the booster. That's a good pointer.
  • Buizel
    Buizel Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    As a feedback thing for this patch, I really don't like where the +X mana pops up next to your portrait. It's somewhat better than where it used to be on the bottom, but now the number is just so high on the screen that I can't see it unless I look up quickly. The colors look nice, but you should lower the position of the numbers a bit to not be at the top of the screen. Maybe anchor them to the top of the main board. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice call on fixing the infinite supports so that absurd cascades no longer occur. The rotating colors are a very idea and works excellent.
    Of course I am still of the opinion that these mechanics should have been implemented completely differently to not interfere with the board, as the whole infinite is a super gimmicky "quick approach" rather than proper solution. 
    But having this adjustment is well received by me.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Nice call on fixing the infinite supports so that absurd cascades no longer occur. The rotating colors are a very idea and works excellent.
    Of course I am still of the opinion that these mechanics should have been implemented completely differently to not interfere with the board, as the whole infinite is a super gimmicky "quick approach" rather than proper solution. 
    But having this adjustment is well received by me.

Actually, they CAN occur, they're just far more random. I had Greg get 4 consecutive matches off a changing infinite support, and got a couple of multimatches myself! Still, you're right, it was a good idea and probably the best solution for the problem.