R158 Release Notes *Updated (8/2/18)

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Twysta said:
    The question you have to ask then if it's MCU loki from/for Infinity War release... will he be labelled as a hero or a villian? 
    He'll always be a villian, no matter what he fronts on the outside. 
    Never to be trusted. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Wow! :open_mouth:
    LOVE the new changes to eliminate cover waste and help manage iso without the mad pressure to keep champing 4s, rechamping 3s, and hopefully someday champ (or at least soft-cap) some 5s...awesome moves!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Yay, another variant. Why Couldn't we have gotten one of the black order or Nebula instead?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably the maximum saved covers is set that way based on the number of champion levels for that class.  It would be a bit pointless to let you save 51 covers on a 2* character when there are only 50 champion levels.

I wonder how soon we'll see a video of someone "instant max champing" a character via saved covers?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My words may be a bit redundant 3 pages into this thread, but...

Thank you.
  • jamesh
    It should also be good news for anyone wondering whether it is worth dipping their toe into the 5* tier or not: you can keep on collecting those covers with no pressure to champ any of the characters to prevent cover loss.

You could use this to build up a stable of characters to champ all at once without the time pressure of covers sitting in the queue.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Presumably the maximum saved covers is set that way based on the number of champion levels for that class.  It would be a bit pointless to let you save 51 covers on a 2* character when there are only 50 champion levels.

I wonder how soon we'll see a video of someone "instant max champing" a character via saved covers?
    That's really nice for farming. A 5* player can coast a 2* essential node with only one cover, so if you ever get in a bind putting ISO into better characters and don't want to invest in 2's, you can wait until you have 50 covers saved up if you want. I can see myself doing that with 2*s I don't use in DDQ. Makes me want to figure out how to video on my device, and hoard up to max champ one of my 2's I'm already in the process of re-covering, just for grins and giggles.
  • jamesh
    JHawkInc said:
    jamesh said:

That's really nice for farming. A 5* player can coast a 2* essential node with only one cover, so if you ever get in a bind putting ISO into better characters and don't want to invest in 2's, you can wait until you have 50 covers saved up if you want. I can see myself doing that with 2*s I don't use in DDQ. Makes me want to figure out how to video on my device, and hoard up to max champ one of my 2's I'm already in the process of re-covering, just for grins and giggles.
    It'll be interesting to see whether a 13-cover character can save covers in all colours, or just the ones you have five of.  I'm guessing you'd have to gather those 50 covers in two colours max, with the other offering to let you respec.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I was hoping for like 10 covers at the most lol
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    can i get my traded covers back?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a fantastic move and much appreciated.  Racing against the vine has always been part of the game - and not my favorite part. 

Thanks for continuing to improve things around here.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Fantastic change, thank you for rolling this out! Now I no longer have to sell those Flaptain covers :smiley:
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Best change for my quality of life ever. Now I can set my own pace for playing, hoarding, etc. Last week I was really thinking about quitting the game. I pulled some tokens because hoarding made me feel like there was no progression. Of course I pulled three!!! 14th covers for characters that I already hat 13 covers applied and it were characters that most people would say are not OP: Quake, Kraven and MEH Hulk. I had to gather around 1 million Iso in 14 days and had to play EVERYTHING. I even played the frustrating wave nodes in Groth industry multple times for 500 Iso. I managed to champ all three (actually Hulk isn't so bad) witjin 13 days but I really felt a burnout, it was no longer fun just grinding all day. But with this change that will never happen again. THANK YOU!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    All that's really needed now is for covers to never expire.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I understand the system correctly,  they effectively don't?

You can save a full max dup version of each char in your cover bank.

What scenario do you envision where you would have 14 covers on your vine?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    If I understand the system correctly,  they effectively don't?

You can save a full max dup version of each char in your cover bank.

What scenario do you envision where you would have 14 covers on your vine?

If I don't have a character rostered and no HP for a roster slot.  There are members of my alliance in that position, especially the newer guys.