R158 Release Notes *Updated (8/2/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R158 update! (Please note that we are noticing some delays with the Amazon build. Once we have more details, we will be sure to inform everyone of any changes. Amazon build should now be live!)

MPQ 158!
  •  "Infinite Kaleidoscope Of Lights"
What's Changed:
  • Improvements to the Saved Cover Feature
    • Increased the maximum amount of covers that can be saved
      • 50 covers for 2-Stars
      • 100 covers for 3-Stars, 4-Stars, and 5-Stars
    • Removed the restriction that a character could only save covers, if they had less than 13 covers
    • A confirmation pop-up message is displayed when trading Saved Covers for a power.
  • The Champion Reward Preview screen can be seen after the character has reached the maximum Champion level
  • Fixed a rare crash with The Hulk (Bruce Banner)

Comments

• Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Wow, near impossible to waste covers, iso crunch is now gone!!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WHAT.

Was the original Saved Cover feature just like, a joke? Like one of those videos on Youtube like where they gave that girl the puppy stuffed animal and then were like "PSYCHE, we got you a REAL DOG!"

Assuming we can still swap at 5 or 3 covers if we want to do that? Just now we've got a sky-high cap if  we DON'T want to?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Wow, with that insane amount of save-able covers, lack of ISO and bad RNG are no longer a problem. Great change, but...where is "but"?
    Looks like a preparation for a new system or some revamp. Championing/promoting system maybe?
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Date and utc time when this goes live approximately?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Mujo5 said:
    Planned for next week. The build itself is pretty well done, but 1st party (Apple, etc) approval times always make specific release timings difficult. Heck, even when everything works properly, some builds just decide to take a couple hours to a day to push out to the App Store (looking at you, Amazon R157!)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good change to an already good system.  
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Increased save bank. Saves no longer restricted to characters with 12 or less covers. This is amazing. THANK YOU DEVS. I’m going to go buy VIP in a few days to show my support. Thank you!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This. Is. Wonderful!
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is an amazing QoL change.  wow!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best news since championing became a thing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cover waste, no more. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

MPQ 158!
    Is... is this the first time we can guess Dazzler without it being a joke?

Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Improvements to the Saved Cover Feature
      • Increased the maximum amount of covers that can be saved
        • 50 covers for 2-Stars
        • 100 covers for 3-Stars, 4-Stars, and 5-Stars
      • Removed the restriction that a character could only save covers, if they had less than 13 covers
      • A confirmation pop-up message is displayed when trading Saved Covers for a power.
    • The Champion Reward Preview screen can be seen after the character has reached the maximum Champion level
    Ok, this just brought a little tear to my eye. This is easily the best QoL update in ages. Saved covers was great to start, but this makes it an absolute home run. The fact that there is no longer a restriction on characters at 13 covers is especially wonderful too. Outside of people trying to pull specific Latest 5* characters, this also ends hoarding.

My interest is also piqued by this seemingly insignificant note:
    Is this just so people can decide if they want to sell their max-champed character and start over? Or is it a precursor for another upcoming feature?
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Cover waste, no more. 
    assuming you have every character recruited.
    new players will still waste covers
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Planned for next week. The build itself is pretty well done, but 1st party (Apple, etc) approval times always make specific release timings difficult. Heck, even when everything works properly, some builds just decide to take a couple hours to a day to push out to the App Store (looking at you, Amazon R157!)
    Awesome! These usually go live on Mondays, right? I've got a 13 cover Valkyrie with a 14th cover in the pipeline expiring in 5 days and 20 hours, but no ISO to champ her in that window. This would be just in the nick of time.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    So would this explain why they felt the need to expand infrastructure?

EDIT: I would have killed for a system like this when going through the 4* transition, btw. Very welcome QoL change. Thanks! 

MPQ 158!

Oh, that's GOTTA be Dazzler... right? So maybe expanding infrastructure was to prepare for all the people coming back to the game so they can finally have their sweet, sweet Dazzler. :tongue:

And if I'm not mistaken, we're due a 5*...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! This is great news now I can have control again on who I put the ISO on or level, instead of being forced to use it on whoever had an extra cover in the vine.

"Infinite Kaleidoscope Of Lights". For the 1st time the Dazzler guess actually seems plausible.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Save 100 covers!  Guess that's a reason to need more server capacity