R158 Release Notes *Updated (8/2/18)

Options

Comments

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for the massive improvement to Cover Saving, what was already a great feature is now even moar bettah!  
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Felonius said:
    Thank you for the massive improvement to Cover Saving, what was already a great feature is now even moar bettah!  
    Is that internet slang filtered through a Boston accent?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loki, Sorcerer Supreme has a nice 5-star ring to it and current ties to the comics and appeases the MCU crowd as well...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Warbringa said:
    I am assuming that you cannot save covers for a fully maxed champ character correct?  Such as a level 266 3* or 144 2* etc.  

Yeah, no saving for already maxed characters.
    You can’t save ANY covers once someone is champed.  Maxed or otherwise, correct?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Warbringa said:
    I am assuming that you cannot save covers for a fully maxed champ character correct?  Such as a level 266 3* or 144 2* etc.  

You can’t save ANY covers once someone is champed.  Maxed or otherwise, correct?
    "Removed the restriction that a character could only save covers, if they had less than 13 covers"

That is correct. The only way saved covers work is if the character is not champed yet. The only thing that changed with this update is that we can now save covers after the character has 13 covers applied.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Warbringa said:

Really? One of the best QoL updates we've seen in a long time, made even better by the clarification that saving a cover will be the default option for characters at 13 covers and not yet champed, and it's *still* not good enough? 

Seriously, start a dupe if that's what you're concerned about. Problem solved. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    IceIX said:
    Warbringa said:

Really? One of the best QoL updates we've seen in a long time, made even better by the clarification that saving a cover will be the default option for characters at 13 covers and not yet champed, and it's *still* not good enough? 

Seriously, start a dupe if that's what you're concerned about. Problem solved. 
    Umm. Not a complaint dude. I was clarifying for Warbringa. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    IceIX said:
    Warbringa said:

"Removed the restriction that a character could only save covers, if they had less than 13 covers"

That is correct. The only way saved covers work is if the character is not champed yet. The only thing that changed with this update is that we can now save covers after the character has 13 covers applied.

I'm guessing you were thinking specifically in regard to the 13-cover toon situation, but it's another major change in this update is that there will be a massive increase in the number of covers we can bank.
  • barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I want to say thanks as well! I am sure it is mentioned here, but if not, I am sure I am not the only 'returning' player who wanted to spend some money on the game but didn't want to just 'sell' all the extra 3*'s and 4* covers they get that aren't champed. 

I have held off making some purchases because I don't want covers to go to waste. Now, that isn't an issue!

Thanks!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I was just musing on this.

Infinite Kaleidoscope Of Lights

The initials spell out IKOL. Which is one of several aliases for Loki, and was also the name that Kid Loki gave to his raven in the Journey into Mystery series by Kieron Gillen.

Since Ghost and Emma are 4*, we’re due a 5* (unless they shake up the pattern). 5* Kid Loki? 5* One Direction Loki? Or even Lady Loki?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe we'll see the return of dual 3*/5* releases?  We haven't had one of those since December.

Kid Loki + Agent of Asgard Loki would be an interesting pair.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    •  "Infinite Kaleidoscope Of Lights"

Yep, that is legit 100% Dazzler right there
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi what date will we have the availability to this update?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Usually the revisions are released on Mondays, but I have read that it may be Wednesday for this one.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was this supposed to have gone live already? Still don't have it, and don't see an option to update. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was this supposed to have gone live already? Still don't have it, and don't see an option to update. 
    Updates almost always happen on Tuesday mornings, sometimes a bit alter.  Very, very occasionally we see them Monday afternoon.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Updates almost always happen on Tuesday mornings, sometimes a bit alter.  Very, very occasionally we see them Monday afternoon.
    Erm.
    Updates hit Monday when the Appstore updates, like clockwork.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They did say Next Week. Not Monday specifically. We just have to wait and see.