R158 Release Notes *Updated (8/2/18)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's always Monday unless Apple rejected the build.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Was this supposed to have gone live already? Still don't have it, and don't see an option to update. 
    Updates almost always happen on Tuesday mornings, sometimes a bit alter.  Very, very occasionally we see them Monday afternoon.
    Not sure where you're getting this.  Updates are almost always Monday between around 2-3 pm EST (1-2 hrs from now).  They typically only happen on Tuesday when Monday was a holiday.  NOTE: This is largely based on iOS.  Steam happens a little earlier, Android just after, then iOS, Amazon has been a train wreck lately so who knows.

The note in app to update doesn't happen until about a day after all the patches are out.  Maybe that's where you're getting Tuesday?  However, they are available on Monday those that look or have devices that auto-update.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    GrimSkald said:
    Was this supposed to have gone live already? Still don't have it, and don't see an option to update. 
    Updates almost always happen on Tuesday mornings, sometimes a bit alter.  Very, very occasionally we see them Monday afternoon.
    Not sure where you're getting this.  Updates are almost always Monday between around 2-3 pm EST (1-2 hrs from now).  They typically only happen on Tuesday when Monday was a holiday.  NOTE: This is largely based on iOS.  Steam happens a little earlier, Android just after, then iOS, Amazon has been a train wreck lately so who knows.

The note in app to update doesn't happen until about a day after all the patches are out.  Maybe that's where you're getting Tuesday?  However, they are available on Monday those that look or have devices that auto-update.

I've got them on Tuesday a lot, though not lately, so it's definitely likely it's been pushing the update earlier.  If my phone just auto-updates when I get home in the evening that would make sense.  I've never been nagged on a Monday, though, I used to get them all the time on Tuesday after getting to work.  It would make me grumpy, as I don't want to update the app on data so would have to find Wifi before they forced me into the update.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    broll said:
    GrimSkald said:

I've got them on Tuesday a lot, though not lately, so it's definitely likely it's been pushing the update earlier.  If my phone just auto-updates when I get home in the evening that would make sense.  I've never been nagged on a Monday, though, I used to get them all the time on Tuesday after getting to work.  It would make me grumpy, as I don't want to update the app on data so would have to find Wifi before they forced me into the update.
    Yeah.
    Updates are always Monday, mandatory 24 hours after.
    That's why you get the nag on Tuesday.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That'll be just in the nic of time to save this X-23 with 2d 9h left on it....
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Historically patch updates have in fact been implemented on Mondays, however in this specific case, we anticipate that the R158 update will be going live on Wednesday instead. 

Thanks for understanding!
    Thank you for updating the first post with this information
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    GrimSkald said:
    broll said:
    GrimSkald said:

Yeah.
    Updates are always Monday, mandatory 24 hours after.
    That's why you get the nag on Tuesday.

And they start nagging you a certain number of hours before they become mandatory, eh?  Sure, that makes sense - I'm guessing sometimes my phone didn't update.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Mujo5 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Historically patch updates have in fact been implemented on Mondays, however in this specific case, we anticipate that the R158 update will be going live on Wednesday instead. 

We normally do not announce when build updates go live, so I apologize for the confusion or frustration you may have experienced, due to this unique situation.

I have gone ahead and added this information to the original post so players are aware of this deviation from the norm.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

Heartbreaking. My Valkyrie cover expires in 21 hours and 14 minutes.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you @Brigby.

While the change might come late for some, it's still a fantastic upgrade. And thanks for the heads up.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, a little late for me -- lost a TA Hulk I'd hoped to bank, but that's OK. I just really appreciate getting a heads-up on what's going on. A delay I can take, silence/ignorance is awful...

Thanks, @Brigby and team.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Brigby said:

We normally do not announce when build updates go live, so I apologize for the confusion or frustration you may have experienced, due to this unique situation.

I have gone ahead and added this information to the original post so players are aware of this deviation from the norm.
    Thank you for adding the info to the first post. Rather than having to scour a full thread incase there is information added after the initial post, it makes it much easier if subsequent relevant information is added to the first post. Well done. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish we had a confirmation message for cover exchange in the current version. Accidently exchanged (ie lost) five Daredevil covers this morning :-(
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Mujo5 said:

Thank you for adding the info to the first post. Rather than having to scour a full thread incase there is information added after the initial post, it makes it much easier if subsequent relevant information is added to the first post. Well done. 
    Maybe it's just not possible with this forum host, but it'd be kind of nice to have a set-up like what they've got on the Blizzard Forums – you can see which threads have gotten official Community Manager or Customer Support responses, and jump to the first/next official reply. Way easier to skip over all the "me too!"s that way, and find actual answers.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Mujo5 said:
    Brigby said:

I habitually get to work at 8 am, but if I'm going to be late, I let my team know by email before I would normally have been there.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Tensuun said:
    Mujo5 said:

Maybe it's just not possible with this forum host, but it'd be kind of nice to have a set-up like what they've got on the Blizzard Forums – you can see which threads have gotten official Community Manager or Customer Support responses, and jump to the first/next official reply. Way easier to skip over all the "me too!"s that way, and find actual answers.
    Yesterday I had a similar thought and went to see if there was a way to favorite the devs and brigby similar to the way you can favorite certain threads and get notifications every time there is a post. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is it close to going live yet? My 1d8h CWCap cover is asking...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is up on Steam now. Android and iOS should be up in a few hours.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just checked for Android.  No update.  I've been wondering to because I like to save a Sandman cover.