Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Facing a level 330 Talos in the Final Frontier node. An ominous banner says: Talos cannot be stunned. Gritty muttering: Not gonna stun you son. Just gonna kill ya'
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it wrong that I was so excited about getting a Banner Purple so I could make him transform into the Hulk without needing Blackbolt that I actually used my unlevelled 3 cover Banner in PvP. He had Red Hulk to protect him a bit and he actually survived! I never once fired his green power as, well, he is a 3 cover unlevelled 5* but he may well be my absolute favourite thing at this moment.

One minute he is puny Banner, next he is HULK! SMASH! By matching 3!

I suspect this will wear off...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I just gave a lingering look at the current support store, and was very pleased to notice that one of the art designers has decided to take the time to put taskmaster’s sword into one of the stepford cuckoo’s hands, and then balanced carol’s communicator on top.

Also, it appears as though the Maw is levitating poor baby Hope. It does please me to know that the art department have a good sense of humour 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I just gave a lingering look at the current support store, and was very pleased to notice that one of the art designers has decided to take the time to put taskmaster’s sword into one of the stepford cuckoo’s hands, and then balanced carol’s communicator on top.

Also, it appears as though the Maw is levitating poor baby Hope. It does please me to know that the art department have a good sense of humour 
    You didn’t even mention that one of the cuckoos is wearing Wasp’s Gauntlets!

Whatever frustrations I may feel with the game at times, the art team remains one of the strongest assets at Demiurge. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree, art department is top notch. I didn’t catch these at first, but neat little Easter egg.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well, you'll probably use him less, but I suspect that if you were previously using Black Bolt's yellow to get him to transform it will never truly wear off.   ...it certainly hasn't for me. :smile:

Incidentally, since you're screwing around anyway, Captain Falcon is a good partner to accelerate Hulk's transformation countdown, particularly because it's not like you're using him for anything else anyway unless he's required.  I always like dusting off characters who I don't need to worry about using health packs on if the match goes seriously south when I'm screwing around.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, and only just realized that Boss Event fights don't have an enemy Team-Up.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    After literally years of facing the jerks in PVE, it’s immensely satisfying to have boosted Ronin multi-kill waves of Dark Avengers for only 6 AP.  Sure it takes a little setup, but boy is it worth it!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Taskmaster must be the ultimate villain. He seems to be pondering how to steal Lucky's slice of pizza. Taking food from a one-eyed dog? Now that's just evil!
    (Valedictorian picture)
  • TPF Alexis
    Taskmaster must be the ultimate villain. He seems to be pondering how to steal Lucky's slice of pizza. Taking food from a one-eyed dog? Now that's just evil!
    (Valedictorian picture)
    He could just be using Lucky as a substitute audience while rehearsing his villainous monologue/commencement speech.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I have never noticed this until last night.. I fired a power - carol’s photonic barrage which downed Dr strange but before it downed him it was like the game pauses and he shot out the flames of Fantine
    this doesn’t  seem right to me... if she fires a downing power he should just go straight down 

• TPF Alexis
    PeeOne said:
    I have never noticed this until last night.. I fired a power - carol’s photonic barrage which downed Dr strange but before it downed him it was like the game pauses and he shot out the flames of Fantine
    this doesn’t  seem right to me... if she fires a downing power he should just go straight down 

Sounds like you used Executive Decision to end the Photonic Barrage countdown early? Because that's one power activating another, Strange gets to slip in the gap there between the two with Flames of the Faltine.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Would carol be allowed to pop her own countdown if FotF would kill her before photonic barrage goes off? Perhaps I need to try and contrive the situation to give it a test. I assume there’s nothing in the code preventing you from doing something like this and inadvertently forfeiting the match. 
  • DAZ0273
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well, you'll probably use him less, but I suspect that if you were previously using Black Bolt's yellow to get him to transform it will never truly wear off.   ...it certainly hasn't for me. :smile:

Incidentally, since you're screwing around anyway, Captain Falcon is a good partner to accelerate Hulk's transformation countdown, particularly because it's not like you're using him for anything else anyway unless he's required.  I always like dusting off characters who I don't need to worry about using health packs on if the match goes seriously south when I'm screwing around.
    Banner won the day for me yesterday in the BigE after Prof $ and St5rm bit the dust! I'm still geeking over this...
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    This one is probably not original, but why does an attack not continue from one wave to the next?  I use Sabretooth's red and he hits one person and stops before the new people.  Why?  Do our heroes stand around and wait for someone else to show up in a wave?  I always thought the idea was they were fighting an overwhelming force and that's what's being represented.  Maybe we need a coffee break cutscene between waves.

"Are we done yet?"

"I don't know....anything could happen.  Keep your eyes peeled."

"Surprise, heroes!  There are EVEN MORE of us!"

-----

"Now we are done, right?"

"I heard there might be more coming.  Look around."

"Guys, I found Doc Ock hiding in the corner with Moonstone and Hood.  Let's take them out!"
    You could understand if it was maybe Cap doing the attacking - "Oh sorry chaps, you weren't ready for me? Just ignore that punch!" but Sabretooth is skewering them!
  • TPF Alexis
    bluewolf said:
    This one is probably not original, but why does an attack not continue from one wave to the next?  I use Sabretooth's red and he hits one person and stops before the new people.  Why?  Do our heroes stand around and wait for someone else to show up in a wave?  I always thought the idea was they were fighting an overwhelming force and that's what's being represented.  Maybe we need a coffee break cutscene between waves.

"Are we done yet?"

"I don't know....anything could happen.  Keep your eyes peeled."

"Surprise, heroes!  There are EVEN MORE of us!"

-----

"Now we are done, right?"

"I heard there might be more coming.  Look around."

"Guys, I found Doc Ock hiding in the corner with Moonstone and Hood.  Let's take them out!"
    I think there is supposed to be (fluff-wise) some sort of brief pause or something between waves. That's why there's a difference between two waves of three and one wave of six. If it is someone else coming in during the same wave, the attack will keep hitting them. Like some of the Daredevil hallway fights, where he clears everyone in the hall for a moment, thinks it's done, and then a bunch more thugs rush out of the next set of doors and attack.
  • DAZ0273
    Wolverine is on odd fella. After Sabretooth not only ruined his birthday but also sliced him to ribbons in today's Crash of the Titan he sent a team up of himself! Did you forget about the ruined birthday and the slashing Wolvie? SABRETOOTH hates you! You don't want to join forceds with that nutbag pile of murder! Did you learn NOTHING in the X-men?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    People: “Despite what people believe, targeted sniping doesn’t really happen in Line rooms.”

Me: Shields for twelve hours, zero hits.
    Shield drops for ten minutes, hit eight times.

This has happened so many times it can’t be coincidence. Maybe because I hit anyone with reckless abandon...even multiple times, I’m not so popular. Perhaps it’s the boards, where I have conflicting opinions with many vets who could potentially snipe me for a red. Or maybe I have terrible luck. 

It’s a little annoying when I’m only playing for progression to lose 200+ points when I’m already at 1000. Oh well, them’s the breaks. I see you snipers though. Can’t do anything about it, but I see you. ;)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    People: “Despite what people believe, targeted sniping doesn’t really happen in Line rooms.”

Me: Shields for twelve hours, zero hits.
    Shield drops for ten minutes, hit eight times.

This has happened so many times it can’t be coincidence. Maybe because I hit anyone with reckless abandon...even multiple times, I’m not so popular. Perhaps it’s the boards, where I have conflicting opinions with many vets who could potentially snipe me for a red. Or maybe I have terrible luck. 

It’s a little annoying when I’m only playing for progression to lose 200+ points when I’m already at 1000. Oh well, them’s the breaks. I see you snipers though. Can’t do anything about it, but I see you. ;)
    Maybe it's because people can't see you when you're shielded.
    But nah, I'm sure it's targeted sniping.