Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is it just me or is the entire plot of Cosmic Chaos just Carol boasting about how awesome it is to have part Kree DNA? I can sort of understand why the Skrulls would want to go to war with them now. Unfortunately, as Talos is the best the Skrulls have, I can also understand why the Kree aren't that bothered.
    I kinda got the impression that Danver5, Talos, and Cosmic Chaos were all put together before the MCU team had anything more than concept art and maybe the trailer or the blurb for the movie itself.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 5-star Thanos boosted in Meet Rocket and Groot, is anyone else playing "How many characters can you down with Court Death?"

I started with the 5-stars.  By the end of my first clear, I had taken out:
    Champed
    Dr Strange (Twice)
    Black Widow
    Okoye (!!)
    Old Man Logan (!!!)

LVL 435
    Daredevil

LVL 420
    Black Bolt
    Gambit
    Hawkeye
    Silver Surfer

LVL 405
    Wasp

To be fair, Okoye and Strange had "help" from Muscle Tommy Guns in the Thanos required node.  But almost everything else was pure Court Death damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Running new Juggs in the MRG loaner node vs old Juggs....and imagining his reaction.

"Dude, what the heck happened to me?  Why do I have 6 eye holes?"
    Did I accidentally smash through TRON and get it all over me or something?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Running new Juggs in the MRG loaner node vs old Juggs....and imagining his reaction.

This would make a fun thread, have conversations between variants lol. 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Iron Man's Stealth Suit costume would fit right in that...
  • ShakaLakaBum
    ShakaLakaBum Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I recently wondered what happens when you use C4rol's Executive Decision to proc Photonic Barrage.
    Carol flies building momentum for final strike. 
    Also Carol: 
    - Hey, you! 
    - Me? 
    - Yes, you, you lousy maggot! Stop horsing around and attack the enemy already! 
    - B... But I'm building speed to hit harder at the end! The procedures say... 
    - The procedures my ****! Do it now! It's sn order! 
    - Yes, ma'am! 

That's just a Legion kind of mess.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was nice to be able to defeat Boss Thanos in Infinite Pursuit by having Nick Fury summon the Avengers!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    It was nice to be able to defeat Boss Thanos in Infinite Pursuit by having Nick Fury summon the Avengers!
    For a less MCU appropriate but still nice option, I went with a dinosaur chomp.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone else opened up their season heroic 10-pack? I was irritated to see that after the new patch, the game doesn't seem to let you click through the results one at a time - as far as I can tell, you have to hit the forward/skip button, where the results flash by super-fast. I hate that, as opening a 10-pack is a pretty rare thing for me (usually just once a season), so I like to take my time with it. Anybody found a way to return to the "one tap anywhere on the screen takes you to the next result" behavior, or is that likely just how it is now?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    Has anyone else opened up their season heroic 10-pack? I was irritated to see that after the new patch, the game doesn't seem to let you click through the results one at a time - as far as I can tell, you have to hit the forward/skip button, where the results flash by super-fast. I hate that, as opening a 10-pack is a pretty rare thing for me (usually just once a season), so I like to take my time with it. Anybody found a way to return to the "one tap anywhere on the screen takes you to the next result" behavior, or is that likely just how it is now?
    I haven't got my 10-pack yet, but I have noticed basically the same thing with Bonus Heroes. Somewhat ironic considering that opening tokens from vaults and applying covers now takes longer.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Ronin, hangin' out with Kitty & Co, to mindless ones, who just has put attack tiles on the board: Those are not attack toiles! These are attack toiles! Makes a red match.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is ‘The Pledge’ just the name of the specific brand of cleaning product that Mysterio uses to keep his fishbowl looking shiny?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Is ‘The Pledge’ just the name of the specific brand of cleaning product that Mysterio uses to keep his fishbowl looking shiny?
    He should switch to Mr. Muscle.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Wow. Single 5* MMR has really gone down the tubes. I'm getting substantially more variety in my matches now that I champed a couple more, and they're easier teams for my Roster to handle as well. It's really nice seeing a decent number of Thorkoye and Panthos teams instead of just an unending sea of Grockitty.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Wow. Single 5* MMR has really gone down the tubes. I'm getting substantially more variety in my matches now that I champed a couple more, and they're easier teams for my Roster to handle as well. It's really nice seeing a decent number of Thorkoye and Panthos teams instead of just an unending sea of Grockitty.
    I almost always use Thorkoye. Dr Strange is my third unless it's going against a Grockitty team, in which case I bust out Sabertooth. My Kitty is only LVL 360, so not really useful in the 5-star realm.
  • ShakaLakaBum
    ShakaLakaBum Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @DAZ0273

I think 5* Xavier's powers should be renamed to "Even Masterer Plan", "Wolverine, bring me cheese pizza" and "The X-Files".