Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    MPQ release characters when the film is just out so it isn't too much of a surprise that they choose certain versions or traits that tie in to what had been shown in trailers more than what happens in the film to avoid spoilers. Another example is 5* Thor who has two eyes and is the Gladiator version as that was featured heavily pre-release.
    To be fair, at the point in the film when he had that clothing and such, he did have both eyes, and didn't lose the one until pretty late in the movie. I'm not sure I'd put that in the same category.
    And, actually, I thought that what MPQ did with Talos actually improved Captain Marvel for me, because it doubled down on my preconceptions of Skrulls from the comics. Mysterio, on the other hand, everything I know from the comics tells me he's the villain.
    That is my point - they based the MPQ character on one that is prevalent in the marketing/trailers which normally means fairly early in the movie, what happened in the movie is secondary and they don't need to worry about spoilers. Although in most cases there isn't too much to spoil.

In terms of Captain Marvel I already knew from the comics that the Kree were the "bad guys" in terms of the Kree/Skrull War but it is still a nice twist.
    Most of my knowledge of Skrulls does admittedly come from the era when Mr. Fantastic was hypnotizing them into becoming cows. I knew the Kree were bad, but I kinda figured the Skrulls were, too.
    I still think that a physical change that wouldn't affect gameplay is a lesser thing than an Affiliation that can actually affect which Supports are available, and how some Powers function.
    Maybe he could have the Heroes and Villains affiliation? I always thought Deadpool should have that. Or they need a new affiliation of neutral or something similar. Obviously that doesn't help with the Mysterio situation.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    MPQ release characters when the film is just out so it isn't too much of a surprise that they choose certain versions or traits that tie in to what had been shown in trailers more than what happens in the film to avoid spoilers. Another example is 5* Thor who has two eyes and is the Gladiator version as that was featured heavily pre-release.
    To be fair, at the point in the film when he had that clothing and such, he did have both eyes, and didn't lose the one until pretty late in the movie. I'm not sure I'd put that in the same category.
    And, actually, I thought that what MPQ did with Talos actually improved Captain Marvel for me, because it doubled down on my preconceptions of Skrulls from the comics. Mysterio, on the other hand, everything I know from the comics tells me he's the villain.
    That is my point - they based the MPQ character on one that is prevalent in the marketing/trailers which normally means fairly early in the movie, what happened in the movie is secondary and they don't need to worry about spoilers. Although in most cases there isn't too much to spoil.

In terms of Captain Marvel I already knew from the comics that the Kree were the "bad guys" in terms of the Kree/Skrull War but it is still a nice twist.
    Most of my knowledge of Skrulls does admittedly come from the era when Mr. Fantastic was hypnotizing them into becoming cows. I knew the Kree were bad, but I kinda figured the Skrulls were, too.
    I still think that a physical change that wouldn't affect gameplay is a lesser thing than an Affiliation that can actually affect which Supports are available, and how some Powers function.
    Maybe he could have the Heroes and Villains affiliation? I always thought Deadpool should have that. Or they need a new affiliation of neutral or something similar. Obviously that doesn't help with the Mysterio situation.
    Yeah, Deadpool should have something like Heroes, Villains, and Anti-Heroes as Affiliations!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, Deadpool should have something like Heroes, Villains, and Anti-Heroes as Affiliations!
    Deadpool should be more clever than that, add in MPQ player Canada to his affiliations.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided to not use Gritty in Liberty Island out of sheer boredom. Boy, did the game slap me around and punished me after that. Bad call... 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    If you're angry and you know it, Smash them all!
    If you're angry and you know it, the shockwave will surely show it!
    - Stuck in my head since doing Hulk's Required node this morning.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're angry and you know it, the shockwave will surely show it!
    - Stuck in my head since doing Hulk's Required node this morning.
    I would have pegged Hulk as more of a Smashmouth fan, but that works just fine.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had a random thought  / idea after following the thoughts by those regarding Mysterio.

What the Devs should do is wait a period (maybe Far from Home digital download  / disc release) then do a spoiler free change to Mysterio's affiliation coupled with a tweak to his power set. That would make the initial design purposeful. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I keep mistaking Sabretooth for Krampus.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One small feature I'd like to see is having the support screen show all of the available supports at each of the various star levels, instead of just the ones I own. For example, if I clicked on 1-star supports, it would also show all of the supports I don't have at rank 1, level 50, to give me an indication of what kind of actual value I could expect (instead of the nearly unattainable rank 5, level 250 numbers). 
  • qandols
    Options
    Current LR: Level 60 Gamora swings her sword an deals 267 damage. My level 366 Gamora: You call that toothpick a sword? Now here's a sword! Decapitates enemy Gamora.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    qandols said:
    Current LR: Level 60 Gamora swings her sword an deals 267 damage. My level 366 Gamora: You call that toothpick a sword? Now here's a sword! Decapitates enemy Gamora.
    Enter Paul Hogan. 

That's not a knoive. This is a knoive! 
  • qandols
    Options
    I did have Hogan in mind. Hilarious film.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I must say, I'm kinda disappointed that Juggernaut's PvP didn't get called "Gettin' Juggy Wit' It". Not surprised, mind you. But still disappointed.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thought it would be All For Juggernaut

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Probably already said, but new supports without levels 2 and 4...feels like a finger for getting one of those at both ranks. Guess they're suppose to be more powerful but seeing is believing and it is hard to do when the concept contributes so little overall.

And yeah, scl10 is never coming, never. Prove me wrong devs. 
  • sambrookjm
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I must say, I'm kinda disappointed that Juggernaut's PvP didn't get called "Gettin' Juggy Wit' It". Not surprised, mind you. But still disappointed.

Am I surprised?

♪ Nah, nah, nah, nah.  Nah-nah-nah. ♬
    ♪ Nah, nah, nah, nah.  Nah-nah. ♬

If we're going with the musical theme, you can't go wrong with Queen.  Don't Stop Me Now
  • TPF Alexis
    Options

Am I surprised?

If we're going with the musical theme, you can't go wrong with Queen.  Don't Stop Me Now
    Everything is better with Queen, no doubt. Now I kinda want to call him Mr. Fahrenheit.
    Either would be better than "Stop at Nothing", tho.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it just me or is the entire plot of Cosmic Chaos just Carol boasting about how awesome it is to have part Kree DNA? I can sort of understand why the Skrulls would want to go to war with them now. Unfortunately, as Talos is the best the Skrulls have, I can also understand why the Kree aren't that bothered.
  • sambrookjm
    Options

Am I surprised?

Everything is better with Queen, no doubt. Now I kinda want to call him Mr. Fahrenheit.
    Either would be better than "Stop at Nothing", tho.
    Mr. Fahrenheit would be Human Torch.  Either that, or a spellchecker would "correct" it to Mr. Fantastic.

They'd make a Supersonic man out of Quicksilver.