Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing the Cosmic Chaos, Ticket to Knowhere 4E.  Running Thor, 4RG, and Kitty vs War Machine, IM40 and a Spy.  War Machine is down; the Spy places her Silent Strike CD.  Good, I think.  Kitty can get her repeater out and BAM.  Then IM40 matches it  away.  Was he scared? Did Tony realize what a big mistake the Spy had just made?

Too bad, Tony.  No stopping the Gritty machine, especially when Rocket is boosted...
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    During a lightning round I was wondering what actually happens when court death affects your own team as Thanos was taking chunks out of his own team once again. I like to imagine Thanos in a cinema reaching his arm around death and ‘accidentally’ punching his own teammates in the face as he does so. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I'm playing PvE and just finished a clear of 4* Thanos node and all of a sudden I get a reward for Soul Season progression instead of the node reward! What?!?! A few seconds later it pops up I got a defensive win in Shield Sim (my Bishop team is wrecking!) Then the node reward coughs up! But I sure was confused for a moment, lol!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So I'm playing PvE and just finished a clear of 4* Thanos node and all of a sudden I get a reward for Soul Season progression instead of the node reward! What?!?! A few seconds later it pops up I got a defensive win in Shield Sim (my Bishop team is wrecking!) Then the node reward coughs up! But I sure was confused for a moment, lol!
    Dealing with sort of the same thing, i got a 10 pack from somewhere.. i barely PVP, so it's not the season one.. do 10 packs come in resupply maybe?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dealing with sort of the same thing, i got a 10 pack from somewhere.. i barely PVP, so it's not the season one.. do 10 packs come in resupply maybe?
    I believe they do indeed.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Malcrof said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I believe they do indeed.
    I got one yesterday I think :-) 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't shake the feeling that the new Cyclops costume looks like he ransacked a janitors closet and cut off a swab and put on his head.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Options
    qandols said:
    I can't shake the feeling that the new Cyclops costume looks like he ransacked a janitors closet and cut off a swab and put on his head.
    It's AJ Styles cosplaying as Cyclops.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    It's AJ Styles cosplaying as Cyclops.
    LOL!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    So I'm fighting a team with Vulture in Identity Theft and by turn 3 they have enough black AP for him to go airborne and I figure this will be a long slog. However, the AI simply refuses to use the AP! For 4 turns! I can't believe my luck as the board is terrible for me and I can't fire any powers and actually match damage him to death and win the fight. What was that all about?!?!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So I'm fighting a team with Vulture in Identity Theft and by turn 3 they have enough black AP for him to go airborne and I figure this will be a long slog. However, the AI simply refuses to use the AP! For 4 turns! I can't believe my luck as the board is terrible for me and I can't fire any powers and actually match damage him to death and win the fight. What was that all about?!?!
    That was Mystique, for once, being the absolute worst to the AI instead of the Player XD
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    That was Mystique, for once, being the absolute worst to the AI instead of the Player XD
    Crazy - I actually felt sorry for my opponent coz the AI screwed them over big time. I might still have won but the AI basically just handed me victory on a plate!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I almost lost a Cap LR running champed Gritty against an AI that brought two additional 3* characters. Hard not to think the board was against me (I know it wasn't really against me). 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Between Aunt May and now being featured along-side Black Cat and Classic Storm in the current run of Honor Among Thieves, I’m starting to think that Peter has a very soft spot for white-haired women...
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the final fight of Infinite Pursuit, one of boss!Thanos' infinity stones gave me 30 blue AP. I was using boosted Antman. Cue Antman growing to enormous giant size and squishing Thanos. I love that mental image. I'm pretty sure that's how Endgame went, right?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    It really amuses me how much I'm using Thanos to defeat Thanos's plans in Infinite Fursuit.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    It really amuses me how much I'm using Thanos to defeat Thanos's plans in Infinite Fursuit.
    That's either a typo or you have been playing a much stranger version than I did... :o
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    That's either a typo or you have been playing a much stranger version than I did... :o
    I misread it that way often enough that it eventually sort of stuck in my head like that. Hey Devs, think about it for a costume idea, 'K?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I misread it that way often enough that it eventually sort of stuck in my head like that. Hey Devs, think about it for a costume idea, 'K?
    We did just get Black Cat as a character; that's about as close to a fur suit as you can get.

For an Infinite Fursuit, you could always try Kingpin with a fur coat.  I"m thinking go full Huggy Bear...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    We did just get Black Cat as a character; that's about as close to a fur suit as you can get.

For an Infinite Fursuit, you could always try Kingpin with a fur coat.  I"m thinking go full Huggy Bear...
    Ahem.  Nightcrawler, Lockjaw, Rocket, Beast may not be wearing suits, but they are all covered with fur.  In addition, Wolverine is one hairy dude, along with Sabretooth.