Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Colossus suffers from the same problem as Thing and 3* Hulk - these guys are supposed to be powerhouses and yet they hit like wet noodles.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would contend that they have different problems.

Both suffer from the fact that the threshold for triggering their passives gets higher as their levels go up. For a defensive passive this is counter-intuitive. For example I’m not sure it follows that as hulk gets more powerful he’s less likely to get angry. The same is true of 3* cap marvel, both deadpools and bishop. Triggering an on-damage passive should become easier as your levels rise but the relationship between the numbers in the power description and levels increase together, albeit not necessarily linearly. 

Thing also suffers from the same problem as colossus, defense in the sense of reducing incoming damage, is trumped by offence (really, spellcheck?) every time in the game. Take bishop for instance. His passives come with an attacking component and an AP generation component which helps out on offense. For colossus, thing, elektra, fatpin, spiderwoman... or anyone else with the ability to reduce incoming damage, while they are irritating to fight against you would struggle to find a player who would select those characters in their A-team. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:

Both suffer from the fact that the threshold for triggering their passives gets higher as their levels go up. For a defensive passive this is counter-intuitive.
    Um. Colossus doesn't have a damage threshold for anything. He just stays out front while his Countdown is in effect. His conditional is that he needs to be in front for his red to do full damage.
  • AXP_isme
    Options
    By both I meant 3* hulk and thing. Should have made that clearer  
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    AXP_isme said:

Both suffer from the fact that the threshold for triggering their passives gets higher as their levels go up. For a defensive passive this is counter-intuitive.
    Um. Colossus doesn't have a damage threshold for anything. He just stays out front while his Countdown is in effect. His conditional is that he needs to be in front for his red to do full damage.
    Exactly but that is the exact same condition for all of the others if they want to punch somebody also EXCEPT they don't have to have built up a supply of yellow AP first! It's just a pointless additional step - like Thor can only throw his hammer at you on a Thursday!
  • AXP_isme
    Options
    You don’t have to fire his yellow before red to get full damage. If he tanked the previous match then he would be out front and would do full damage. 

I’m not defending the mechanic on his red, I agree that it’s awful but it doesn’t actually require you to fire yellow then red. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

Exactly but that is the exact same condition for all of the others if they want to punch somebody also EXCEPT they don't have to have built up a supply of yellow AP first! It's just a pointless additional step - like Thor can only throw his hammer at you on a Thursday!

For you, the day you got smacked upside the head with Mjolnir was the most important day of your life.  But for me....it was a Thursday.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    You don’t have to fire his yellow before red to get full damage. If he tanked the previous match then he would be out front and would do full damage. 

I’m not defending the mechanic on his red, I agree that it’s awful but it doesn’t actually require you to fire yellow then red. 
    OK this is true but you do have to organise him being at the front which is just unnecessary but we seem to agree anyway!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

Vision has multiple similar conditions, again with red. His yellow is just about the same as colossus. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

I was replying to the bit about the threshold getting progressively harder to meet as he levels up. That's the case for many of them, but not for Colossus.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

Vision has multiple similar conditions, again with red. His yellow is just about the same as colossus. 
    Vision is broken, lol! It's a shame they fixed that big on his blue though!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This Webbed Wonder I thought I'd use Howard as much as possible. He's not boosted, I think he should be, but I have him champed at 288. I kinda like the little fellow  ;)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe this has been brought up before....by why are Ultron goons stun-able?  The same ability that stuns a human/biological organism somehow has the same effect on a robot?

DON'T MAKE ULTRON GOONS UN-STUNNABLE, DEVS!

Just idly wondering.....maybe Ultron wanted to be able to quickly deactivate a rogue goon so built in a temporary off switch if you bang on their heads?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The game crashes for me every now and then. When it happens while facing Ultron or his bots, it has crossed my mind (in a joking way) that Ultron hacked my phone to win the match... kind've like the Galactus mega-nuke power, only so strong that it crashed the game.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe this has been brought up before....by why are Ultron goons stun-able?  The same ability that stuns a human/biological organism somehow has the same effect on a robot?

Just idly wondering.....maybe Ultron wanted to be able to quickly deactivate a rogue goon so built in a temporary off switch if you bang on their heads?
    Some of them still make sense, regardless. Black Widow can probably amp up her taser or whatever enough to make one reboot, and Spidey can web them up just fine, to name a couple. But yeah, how Cap or Daredevil or Cage are getting that done is a bit sketchier.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Why is the 2* node in SS more difficult than the 4* one?
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Some of them still make sense, regardless. Black Widow can probably amp up her taser or whatever enough to make one reboot, and Spidey can web them up just fine, to name a couple. But yeah, how Cap or Daredevil or Cage are getting that done is a bit sketchier.
    If I take a hammer and bang your computer over the head with it, I'm fairly certain it won't function properly for a while. I suppose hitting an Ultron Goon in the head with Cap's shield should accomplish the same thing. 
  • AXP_isme
    Options
    Surely you either hit the computer so hard that it breaks or it keeps working. Unless my computer gets too hot there are few scenarios I can think of where it just needs a few minutes to get its act together. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    Surely you either hit the computer so hard that it breaks or it keeps working. Unless my computer gets too hot there are few scenarios I can think of where it just needs a few minutes to get its act together. 
    What if it reboots?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:

Maybe the zero point energy shield from 3* Cap's description is also infected with malware?