Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Here's one I've wondered for a while...

What the heck type of meat/filler is inside that taco shell on the icon we see when awarded a taco?
    It's yellow/gold, but doesn't really look like cheese. Frankly, it looks disgusting, but what is it?!?!
    It probably has about as much relation to real cheese as anything you could get from Taco Bell ;)
    AXP_isme said:
    Are sweet tacos even a thing?
    Not traditionally, but you just know there's someone out there who's done them filled with cookie bits and chocolate sauce or something.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put mango chutney in tacos from time to time, it's both sweet and spicy. And it works.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    Are sweet tacos even a thing?
    This is the best I can do:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choco_Taco
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Top work @CT1888! That last one looks like someone just folded and apple pie in half. Not that i’m complaining you understand. 
  • ZootSax
    After being battered and beaten by Jean Grey and Red Hulk throughout Alaska, Florida and the Savage Lands, the Dark Avengers still manage to find a way to fear Devil Dinosaur at the end of this run of The Hunt.  I’m not sure whether it’s a complete lack of awareness or just dogged insistence of following the dialogue, but those Dark Avengers are stubborn.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    After being battered and beaten by Jean Grey and Red Hulk throughout Alaska, Florida and the Savage Lands, the Dark Avengers still manage to find a way to fear Devil Dinosaur at the end of this run of The Hunt.  I’m not sure whether it’s a complete lack of awareness or just dogged insistence of following the dialogue, but those Dark Avengers are stubborn.
    Daken, Bullseye, Juggernaut, Venom and Ragnarok are pretty dumb. Moonstone should know better.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZootSax said:
    Daken, Bullseye, Juggernaut, Venom and Ragnarok are pretty dumb. Moonstone should know better.
    Note that Moonstone isn't actually there at the fight against Devil Dino ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZootSax said:
    Note that Moonstone isn't actually there at the fight against Devil Dino ;)
    Gah! She outsmarted me as well! Tricksy is that one!
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Today's Behemoth Burrito is like that Jordan Peele movie "Us"
  • TPF Alexis
    MPQ Murphy's Law: If you somehow end up not quite dropping Human Torch, and he's left with like 17 health, he will fire Inferno on his next Turn.
  • TPF Alexis
    So, I'm digging back through the MPQ Facebook page, trying to find some of the older Character wallpapers that haven't been linked to the forum yet, and the people complaining about how terrible Thanos and Strange and 4* Captain Marvel are is pretty hilarious XD
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having played Moon Knight a lot since he is essential and boosted. His purple passive can be either green, black or purple matches. Guess which colors are missing on the board each time a match starts and the passive has been determined.
  • DAZ0273
    So, I'm digging back through the MPQ Facebook page, trying to find some of the older Character wallpapers that haven't been linked to the forum yet, and the people about how terrible Thanos and Strange and 4* Captain Marvel are is pretty hilarious XD
    The only thing I can think of with Thanos is that the 3* version was released as a broken mess. His Court Death absolutely trashed your own team to the point he was deemed unusable so they revised the figures downwards to make him the awesome that he is today. That may be the quickest character rebalance I have ever seen in my time playing this game.
  • DAZ0273
    qandols said:
    Having played Moon Knight a lot since he is essential and boosted. His purple passive can be either green, black or purple matches. Guess which colors are missing on the Also when you doing those moon blades and  each time a match starts and the passive has been determined.
    Also when you doing those moon blades and they of course kill the guy who has 500 health instead of the guy with 10k health. I still love Moon Knight though. Especially the way that he heals himself by punching people. "Ow!!! Hey why did you punch me in the face, Moon Knight?!?!?" "Sorry about that, I had a toothache. Better now".
  • TPF Alexis
    qandols said:
    Having played Moon Knight a lot since he is essential and boosted. His purple passive can be either green, black or purple matches. Guess which colors are missing on the board each time a match starts and the passive has been determined.
    I was actually thinking about posting this myself. I used him in every Shield Training match except one, and that happened in like 12 of the 15.
    DAZ0273 said:
    So, I'm digging back through the MPQ Facebook page, trying to find some of the older Character wallpapers that haven't been linked to the forum yet, and the people about how terrible Thanos and Strange and 4* Captain Marvel are is pretty hilarious XD
    The only thing I can think of with Thanos is that the 3* version was released as a broken mess. His Court Death absolutely trashed your own team to the point he was deemed unusable so they revised the figures downwards to make him the awesome that he is today. That may be the quickest character rebalance I have ever seen in my time playing this game.
    Basically every Character release had at least one of those. This one dude was after 4* Captain Marvel came out, tho, so I'm pretty sure that was after the fix. Anyone talking that kind of trash about C4rol and Strange instantly loses all credibility in my eyes.

It's also kind of funny how there are constantly comments like "I quit. Getting off this sinking ship. The game will be dead in 6 months."
    And I never did manage to find Cag3 or Mohawk Storm wallpapers. I guess they didn't do them for everyone, maybe, altho they're listed as "Update in progress", and seem to have had something to link to before the forum move, judging by the older comments.
  • ZootSax
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah, I don’t recall the exact numbers, but believe that 3* Thanos did as much or more team damage to your team as the opponents at 5 covers and that the relative damage to your team went up from 3–>5 covers.  The 5* version didn’t have the same issue and I don’t believe it needed to be fixed, but few people aside from KND would quickly cover/champ 5*’s back than as CP/LL hoarding isn’t what it is today..
  • DAZ0273
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah, I don’t recall the exact numbers, but believe that 3* Thanos did as much or more team damage to your team as the opponents at 5 covers and that the relative damage to your team went up from 3–>5 covers.  The 5* version didn’t have the same issue and I don’t believe it needed to be fixed, but few people aside from KND would quickly cover/champ 5*’s back than as CP/LL hoarding isn’t what it is today..
    Yeah that guy was unbelievable, I remember when he said that Thanos was basically the new top 5 meta and that was like literally no time whatsoever after he was released, it may even have been within a day! I think the Devs even sent him a free cover as he was basically singlehandedly paying their wages!
  • DAZ0273
    qandols said:
    I was actually thinking about posting this myself. I used him in every Shield Training match except one, and that happened in like 12 of the 15.
    DAZ0273 said:
    Basically every Character release had at least one of those. This one dude was after 4* Captain Marvel came out, tho, so I'm pretty sure that was after the fix. Anyone talking that kind of trash about C4rol and Strange instantly loses all credibility in my eyes.

It's also kind of funny how there are constantly comments like "I quit. Getting off this sinking ship. The game will be dead in 6 months."
    And I never did manage to find Cag3 or Mohawk Storm wallpapers. I guess they didn't do them for everyone, maybe, altho they're listed as "Update in progress", and seem to have had something to link to before the forum move, judging by the older comments.
    My favourite rant from when I was newbie was this guy who totally flipped out over how unfair and broken it was that 3* IF and 3* Cage got their free special tiles, he was calling for a nerf or he was quitting! I guess he quit...or he had a heart attack when 4* R&G arrived...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feh, that SW node with three level 300 sentry fighters. Oy vey...