Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A pve event gets so much easier when I have the boosted 5* champed. They jump from 450s to 560s.
    What must an event be like for someone with an over 500 getting boosted? How high does a 550 jump?
    I look forward to finding out.

Also, I play in slice 5 and with MR&G extended a day longer than usual, I may rget my covers from the Ultron event before the placement covers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For today's Behemoth Burrito, we're given a team of X-23, Daken (Classic) and Black Widow (Original).   They really missed an opportunity to make it an All-Wolverine team.  It's not like OBW tanks anything to be able to exploit the strike tiles anyway and Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) would even give you rainbow coverage (albeit with two colors with no active abilities)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GED Doom: So now we find out that, not only does he not actually have a Ph.D, but he didn't even graduate High School!
  • ZootSax
    Options
    In the first sub of the Honor Among Thieves PVE, the “Run for the Hills” node has, perhaps, my favorite mission description in all of MPQ Story Mode—“AHHHH RUN!”
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Every time the symbiotes pve runs (I forget the name) I’m disappointed that we don’t have Havok in game for the ‘dogs of war’ mission. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    <rant>The Dark Energy Feeling loaner node must be this games worst thought out sadistic thing ever. Three of the games lousiest characters who cannot do damage worth a damn against three tile spamming goons. If you do not get ridiculous amounts of red you're doomed and eye-beamed to death.</rant> Just had to vent.
    Actually the key to this monstrosity is blue. Keep em' stunned and overwrite their green countdowns. Meanwhile collect red and one shot them.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    <rant>The Dark Energy Feeling loaner node must be this games worst thought out sadistic thing ever. Three of the games lousiest characters who cannot do damage worth a damn against three tile spamming goons. If you do not get ridiculous amounts of red you're doomed and eye-beamed to death.</rant> Just had to vent.
    Actually the key to this monstrosity is blue. Keep em' stunned and overwrite their green countdowns. Meanwhile collect red and one shot them.
    I'm with you on this one...  I was using Magik's purple to get red.  Eventually, I got enough Green for Squirrel Girl to summon her friends.  Next turn, Magik's red causes a red match (yay) which immediately cascades into a green match that takes out three of the Squirrel tiles (Expletive deleted to protect your sensitive ears.)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Ugh. I haven't tried to play HaT for placement since well before I started playing SCL9 on the reg. Now I get what y'all were complaining about :(
  • ZootSax
    Options
     I was using 5* Hawkeye on TBE in today's DDQ and I realized that whenever "Deep Breath" (or Kate/Hawk-Guy's "Because...Boomerangs") resolves, I find myself quoting Black Dynamite: "Ha-ha! I threw that s--t before I walked in the room!"

I'm not entire sure how Clint Barton or Kate Bishop became the face of blaxploitation parodies in my game of MPQ, but here we are.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I just got back into using Thanos again when he was boosted last week. It's so much more annoying to use him now, just because I have to scroll back 16 pages in the team selection screen to add him, rather than him being right there on the second page.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hearts of Darkness last node in Unholy Alliance - I'm thinking Daredevil needs to hero up a bit here. He has a psycho midget with stabby knives in his fists and a motorcycle riding demon with him and he thinks a fat bloke in a bad suit and a guy in a hockey mask are "Too many of them". It's a good job there weren't any girl scouts or pensioners.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Hearts of Darkness last node in Unholy Alliance - I'm thinking Daredevil needs to hero up a bit here. He has a psycho midget with stabby knives in his fists and a motorcycle riding demon with him and he thinks a fat bloke in a bad suit and a guy in a hockey mask are "Too many of them". It's a good job there weren't any girl scouts or pensioners.
    I didn't see Paul Sawyer in there? ;)
    Maybe "too much of them" would have been better. Both the Don and the Konran are pretty big dudes. Maybe they just physically blocked the exits with their bulk?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I didn't see Paul Sawyer in there? ;)
    Maybe "too much of them" would have been better. Both the Don and the Konran are pretty big dudes. Maybe they just physically blocked the exits with their bulk?
    Could be. I mean it isn't like DD can see the terror that is the Don's quite dapper hat, so I'm really not sure what the big deal was. Maybe next time bring 5* DD, although to get the best out of him you need to fight people inside corridors via his TV show. Maybe just bring Howard the Duck or Dazzler instead...
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    DD comes across as a bit pathetic in HOD overall.
    “Oh no! How could Hell itself have known that it would cause me some psychological discomfort from having to fight something that resembles my on-again off-again girlfriend?”
    “Oh Frank! I’m so sorry that your family have been killed in front of you, over and over again, across various media for dozens of years. How could I have been so forgetful and thoughtless.”

pffft, quit whining Matt. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    “Oh no! How could Hell itself have known that it would cause me some psychological discomfort from having to fight something that resembles my on-again off-again girlfriend?”
    “Oh Frank! I’m so sorry that your family have been killed in front of you, over and over again, across various media for dozens of years. How could I have been so forgetful and thoughtless.”

I was planning on saying something along those lines already. Not only that, but he was also the one who was the most gung-ho to dive in there in the first place, and then afterward, he says that Logan got the worst of it. Let's see, Logan's reactions were basically "Yeah, I got this coming", and "You think I ain't been there before?", while Matt was getting tore up because of stuff that wasn't even targeted at him.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Somehow every time the Maggia Don fires "Backroom Deal" I read it as "Bathroom Deal".
    Disturbing, needless to say.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    AXP_isme said:

I was planning on saying something along those lines already. Not only that, but he was also the one who was the most gung-ho to dive in there in the first place, and then afterward, he says that Logan got the worst of it. Let's see, Logan's reactions were basically "Yeah, I got this coming", and "You think I ain't been there before?", while Matt was getting tore up because of stuff that wasn't even targeted at him.
    Daredevil: "Ross slept with another girl...*sob sob* poor Rachel...I can't go on"
    Wolverine: "They were ON A BREAK, bub! Any way, it all works out."
    Daredevil: " But what about Monica? She broke up with Richard...too much..."
    Punisher: " She married Chandler, she is FINE."
    Daredevil: "But Phoebe..."
    Ghost Rider: "Even the Spirit of Vengeance has seen the Ant Man guy episodes, you need to hero up Daredevil"
    Daredevil: "Joey...uhm...they didn't have pepperoni pizza..."
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

Daredevil: "Ross slept with another girl...*sob sob* poor Rachel...I can't go on"
    Ghost Rider: "Even the Spirit of Vengeance has seen the Ant Man guy episodes, you need to hero up Daredevil"
    Wow man, put a spoiler alert if you're going to spoil Friends like that. Not cool. 😂 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

Could that 5-star node *BE* any more annoying?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AXP_isme said:

Wow man, put a spoiler alert if you're going to spoil Friends like that. Not cool. 😂 
    My bad, man!

Spoiler alert: Daredevil cries about Sitcoms!  :D