Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or shots of him trying to act.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Me, looking at the tiles settling on the board at the start of the match: "Ooh, this is gonna be a good board! Good colours, lots of options!"
    Rocket & Groot: "We'll just see about that!" *Puts at least one Strike tile in literally every possible move*
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Why does it always seem that the goons in a PvE end up also showing up in the Deadpool Daily nodes as well?  Just when you are sick of Ultron Sentries in an event...wait they also show up for fun in multiple nodes DDQ as well!

On a secondary note, why should it take me longer to clear the "easy" DDQ nodes than the more difficult ones? Oh yes, that good old roster restriction  :(
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Why does it always seem that the goons in a PvE end up also showing up in the Deadpool Daily nodes as well?  Just when you are sick of Ultron Sentries in an event...wait they also show up for fun in multiple nodes DDQ as well!
    To be fair, I'm *always* sick of seeing Ultron Sentries.
    Poor Ultron Sentries. I hope they at least have some sort of support group out there, I'm sure with some understanding they could be someone you could go for a beer with.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    Poor Ultron Sentries. I hope they at least have some sort of support group out there, I'm sure with some understanding they could be someone you could go for a beer with.
    I dunno. Their purpose is to eliminate humanity. Perhaps this is their first step toward being able to harm humanity outside the game?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    I dunno. Their purpose is to eliminate humanity. Perhaps this is their first step toward being able to harm humanity outside the game?
    They have just fallen in with a bad crowd. I know it looks like they might be murderous engines of destruction but they probably just need a hug.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    They have just fallen in with a bad crowd. I know it looks like they might be murderous engines of destruction but they probably just need a hug.
    They were created as a bad crowd ;)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    Robots can change! Just give peace a chance!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spare a thought for the Carriers, Pyros and any other goons whose only power costs 10 green AP. They've grown accustomed to Courting Death; can feel the Flames of the Faltine in their face before they've even set their powers off. But now comes the ultimate humiliation: every time they're ready to fire they get mauled by a wolf and have the green they crave taken away. Repeat until death. Truly, those sicko Greek gods will be proud of their Asgardian sister.
    In nodes with 3 Mindless Ones, they always generate more green AP than they can spend each turn. Hela will do nice there, too.
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bbigler said:
    In the Hearts of Darkness sub in the 4* node, you have Prof X face off against Prof X.  I just imagine the 2 of them having an internal mental battle trying to control each other.  Maybe something like Inception or the Matrix. 
    Late to the party on this one, but I see more of a David Lo Pan vs. Egg Shen sort of battle.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I wonder what Dr Strange thinks of Mr Fantastic's rework in the Doom's Dystopia node...

Dr Strange - Richards! There are too many of these robots!
    Mr F. - Just a minute. My Imaginaut has some new powers.
    Dr Strange - You used to conjure protect tiles to help. Why are you now spamming charged tiles?
    Mr F. - I can no longer control what it does.
    Dr Strange - And now you've locked a tile I needed to cast my Flames of the Faltine!
    Mr. F - Uhm...you don't happen to make any Special Tiles do you?
    Dr Strange - By the Bloated Boils of Baggoth...
    Mr. F - I'm sure there was an attack tile in here somewhere, maybe if I grab my screwdriver...

Wong:  Give it a good smack, that always helps. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    So was MCU Vision and he turned out okay...for a few months until they adjusted his blue to require him to tank and he fell into the deepest, darkest corners of the players’ collective roster bench.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just a couple of observations from my recent PvE play:

They'll take the tiles
    If you're attempting to speed through some PvE clears with Kitty + Grocket, have you noticed that the AI is attracted to your strike tiles like a moth to the light? Let's say the AI's strongest color is yellow and there are three possible yellow matches on the board, one of which holds two of your strike tiles. The AI will match your tiles away 99.9% of the time despite its supposed programmed indifference. (This is fact, I have mentally kept track of how often it happens and my mathematical equations are about 33.3% accurate.)

7 yellow AP win condition
    When faced with a difficult set of PvE enemies, especially on essential nodes when I can only bring two, I often opt to bring Okoye and Medusa. There is little those two ladies can't handle. And also, I know getting 7 AP in yellow will win me the match. It happens every time. Okoye will have been taking a beating (because she tanks everything) and want to heal, but as soon as I have enough yellow to cast her true healing - the match will end. Either Medusa's countdown will take out the last enemy, or some weird thing will happen to cause a sudden cascade, but it's almost guaranteed that the match will end before I can heal Okoye - tempting me to use a health pack before my next fight.

P.S. These are not complaints despite what it sounds like. They are simple observations.  o:)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's one I've wondered for a while...

What the heck type of meat/filler is inside that taco shell on the icon we see when awarded a taco?
    It's yellow/gold, but doesn't really look like cheese. Frankly, it looks disgusting, but what is it?!?!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are sweet tacos even a thing?