Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Poor Professor X - I got his purple which is good fun but I keep teaming him up with random people who aren't X-men. Charles "To me my X-men!" *Looks around, sees Luke Cage and Jessica Jones* "Sigh...I don't suppose you two are mutants are you?"

I'm thinking of renaming his power "Where the hell are my X-men?"
    I've only got a black cover. All he can really do is hunch down in his chair and try not to get hit ;)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Poor Professor X - I got his purple which is good fun but I keep teaming him up with random people who aren't X-men. Charles "To me my X-men!" *Looks around, sees Luke Cage and Jessica Jones* "Sigh...I don't suppose you two are mutants are you?"

I'm thinking of renaming his power "Where the hell are my X-men?"
    I've only got a black cover. All he can really do is hunch down in his chair and try not to get hit ;)
    Just pair him with OML and X-23 and you have an appropriate “Logan” movie team.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the recent Spiderman PvP, my jaw dropped at Spiderman downing my full health Kitty with one 12 AP yellow punch. 19k/33k is a heck of a nuke for a 3-star. Is it the biggest single-target damage dealer in 3-star land?

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    In the recent Spiderman PvP, my jaw dropped at Spiderman downing my full health Kitty with one 12 AP yellow punch. 19k/33k is a heck of a nuke for a 3-star. Is it the biggest single-target damage dealer in 3-star land?

That's boosted damage, obviously, but it is still one heck of a punch.  I think the only ones that could possibly compete with it would be Doom's Purple with a *lot* of traps on the board, or Patch's Red if he's tanking all of your colors.  Cyclops's black also deals a lot of damage, but not nearly that much.

If you wanted to get really nit-picky, Punisher's Retribution can deal up to 40% of the enemy's health, regardless of what it started out at.  If just has to be the *last* 40%. :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    OK, so, in Venom Bomb, story-wise, we have at least Carol Danvers, the Sentry, and Ares confirmed as being part of this whole mess. We're talking a couple of cosmic-level characters and an actual god of war. But Venom is the one that they say has "Unbelievable Power"?
    I also find it amusing how my reaction to the different parts of this event has changed as I've progressed. Back when I started, it got so much harder once Carnage showed up. But between his re-work and a champed Medusa, that bit became much easier, and now with Kitty, it's easier still once he shows up. Eddie is the one who's the problem now, because he's good at taking out my Strikes. Oh, and Doc Ock and his stupid clicky-clacky tentacles on Insult to Injury.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    OK, so, in Venom Bomb, story-wise, we have at least Carol Danvers, the Sentry, and Ares confirmed as being part of this whole mess. We're talking a couple of cosmic-level characters and an actual god of war. But Venom is the one that they say has "Unbelievable Power"?
    I also find it amusing how my reaction to the different parts of this event has changed as I've progressed. Back when I started, it got so much harder once Carnage showed up. But between his re-work and a champed Medusa, that bit became much easier, and now with Kitty, it's easier still once he shows up. Eddie is the one who's the problem now, because he's good at taking out my Strikes. Oh, and Doc Ock and his stupid clicky-clacky tentacles on Insult to Injury.
    It also helped that they took out Carnage's Symbiote Scythes ability with two red feeders.  When the character in front of your team is taking 6K damage every couple of turns, and the rest of your team is taking 2K, it is rather difficult to take them out fast enough so that your team doesn't die.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It also helped that they took out Carnage's Symbiote Scythes ability with two red feeders.  When the character in front of your team is taking 6K damage every couple of turns, and the rest of your team is taking 2K, it is rather difficult to take them out fast enough so that your team doesn't die.
    Yeah, Venom Bomb has over the years gone from being a fierce pain in the rear to a mild mannered old man shouting at us to get off his lawn.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't read the dialogue past the first bubble....but the 3rd Venom Bomb trivial node in sub 4 has Sentry say, "Ares.  Look.  It's the new Spider-Kid."

And I'm thinking, Dude. Do you need glasses or something?  Which one of 3nos, 5 Star Lord and Rocket are you thinking looks like a kid in a Spider-Suit?  I know Rocket isn't a raccoon, but he sure ain't a spider, either.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    At the point I've reached, even that wouldn't really be an issue. Even at SCL9, not many of those fights last longer than 4 turns or so when Kitty has that many Strike and Attack tiles to play with. And with all the board shake that happens, I'm usually getting at least a couple K in healing from Medusa each turn anyhow.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    At the point I've reached, even that wouldn't really be an issue. Even at SCL9, not many of those fights last longer than 4 turns or so when Kitty has that many Strike and Attack tiles to play with. And with all the board shake that happens, I'm usually getting at least a couple K in healing from Medusa each turn anyhow.
    If my Kitty were higher than 3/3/3, I'd agree with you.  I still have to "old school" Thorkoye my way through it.  At least this time, there were two true healers, and my Silver Surfer is 4/4/4.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    If my Kitty were higher than 3/3/3, I'd agree with you.  I still have to "old school" Thorkoye my way through it.  At least this time, there were two true healers, and my Silver Surfer is 4/4/4.
    Yeah, champed Kitty makes a huge difference. I wasn't as clear as I would have liked, but I was trying to make it clear that a significant part of the change was in my Roster, rather than the event itself, and doesn't apply to everyone.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Yeah, champed Kitty makes a huge difference. I wasn't as clear as I would have liked, but I was trying to make it clear that a significant part of the change was in my Roster, rather than the event itself, and doesn't apply to everyone.
    No worries; a champed KItty makes a huge difference in just about everything.  I messed up when I said mine was 3/3/3; she's actually 2/2/3.  :(  It's my Jessica Jones who is 3/3/3.

My lack of a champed Kitty is not from a lack of trying, though.  Before she left the Latest Legends, I pulled a fairly large number of the tokens trying to get her.  I believe I hit a string of 33 consecutive 4-stars before finally pulling a 5-star, and it was Hela (she got a good number of covers, and is sitting at 2/1/5)  She's been my 5-star bonus hero from when she left until the last PvE, where I decided to get my Surfer his last cover via bonus hero.  That's a very slow way to get any character's covers, but it's still better than NOT having her as the bonus hero!  She's still not bad even at 2/2/3, but there's a very large difference between Circuit Breaker going of every 3 turns, and going off every turn *and* taking out countdown tiles.

Everyone who doesn't have her champed should start setting a 250 CP floor for their inventory, so they can pick her up in a year or so when she's the featured 5-star.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Osborne needs to read the Evil Overlord List. Or TVTropes or something. I mean, c'mon. Everyone knows that the rag-tag band of misfits are always what defeats the hand-picked team bent on world domination.
  • ZootSax
    Options
    During this current run of Enemy of the State, the boosted trio of Peggy, Vulture and IM40 is the closest I’ve ever come to experience what it’s like for the AI when they have a tile-mover with two feeders.  The last wave node I played ended with 9 unresolved “Do as Peggy Says” countdowns still on the board all while still sitting on 10 AP, minimum, in all colors (it was a very black/yellow heavy board for the whole match...which, frankly, felt almost unfair).

I think even Wolverine’s healing factor won’t be enough to remove the indentation on his jaw from all of Peggy’s punches....or Vulture’s boots to the head.
  • ZootSax
    Options
    After long consideration and based solely on appearance, I’ve decided my MST3K team will be 4* Human Torch, Mysterio and Nova for Mike/Joel, Servo and Crow respectively.  As a bonus, they even cover all colors.

Now I just need a lot more covers for Torch & Mysterio....
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    http://imgur.com/a/Xxb1rOW
    Finding a level 541 Prof X in Fatal Attraction thinking I haven't even seen a single cover of him yet (envy). How do you paste images here, I have never really succeeded with that? 
    When looking in this guys roster he is there at level 451. A bug?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Finding a level 541 Prof X in Fatal Attraction thinking I haven't even seen a single cover of him yet (envy). How do you paste images here, I have never really succeeded with that? 

I think they need to be hosted somewhere on the 'net.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    qandols said:
    Finding a level 541 Prof X in Fatal Attraction...
    No. It's just the standard 90 levels boost for a new 5*.
    The good news is that pushing the CP store back a week means that his new character boost is already basically over just a few days after the hoarders got him champed.  He's not getting the new boost in Basilica and the PVP which starts today (She Hulk) shouldn't see him boosted.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    qandols said:
    Finding a level 541 Prof X in Fatal Attraction...
    No. It's just the standard 90 levels boost for a new 5*.
    Now that I just did not know, thanks!