Options

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    jp1 said:
    People: “Despite what people believe, targeted sniping doesn’t really happen in Line rooms.”

Me: Shields for twelve hours, zero hits.
    Shield drops for ten minutes, hit eight times.

This has happened so many times it can’t be coincidence. Maybe because I hit anyone with reckless abandon...even multiple times, I’m not so popular. Perhaps it’s the boards, where I have conflicting opinions with many vets who could potentially snipe me for a red. Or maybe I have terrible luck. 

It’s a little annoying when I’m only playing for progression to lose 200+ points when I’m already at 1000. Oh well, them’s the breaks. I see you snipers though. Can’t do anything about it, but I see you. ;)
    Maybe it's because people can't see you when you're shielded.
    But nah, I'm sure it's targeted sniping.
    What? I’ve been hit while shielded before. Surely this can’t be true? 

Anyway, the post was mostly in jest if you couldn’t tell. Gosh, I hope nobody reading that would actually believe I’m such an egomaniac that not sharing the opinion of someone on the board would make me their target. Lol.

I was thinking more about placement. But it is news that you are invisible, I guess the hits come from people having you queued already?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    jp1 said:
    People: “Despite what people believe, targeted sniping doesn’t really happen in Line rooms.”

This has happened so many times it can’t be coincidence. Maybe because I hit anyone with reckless abandon...even multiple times, I’m not so popular. Perhaps it’s the boards, where I have conflicting opinions with many vets who could potentially snipe me for a red. Or maybe I have terrible luck. 

It’s a little annoying when I’m only playing for progression to lose 200+ points when I’m already at 1000. Oh well, them’s the breaks. I see you snipers though. Can’t do anything about it, but I see you. ;)

Anyway, the post was mostly in jest if you couldn’t tell. Gosh, I hope nobody reading that would actually believe I’m such an egomaniac that not sharing the opinion of someone on the board would make me their target. Lol.

I was thinking more about placement. But it is news that you are invisible, I guess the hits come from people having you queued already?
    Yep.
    You disappear from queues once shielded, so the only hits are from people who had you in a node already.
    Figured you weren't aware from your wording, thought I'd take the chance to clear that up :)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    jp1 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    jp1 said:

Yep.
    You disappear from queues once shielded, so the only hits are from people who had you in a node already.
    Figured you weren't aware from your wording, thought I'd take the chance to clear that up :)
    I guess that makes sense. Otherwise someone could climb up, shield, then leave out a garbage team for their friends to hit.

Thanks for the info. :)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    jp1 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    jp1 said:

Yep.
    I guess that makes sense. Otherwise someone could climb up, shield, then leave out a garbage team for their friends to hit.

Thanks for the info. :)
    We've had that, once, when shields were introduced.
    We called it Kyipgate.
    That got fixed veeeery quickly.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Well, I finally pulled the red Sabretooth cover out of my taco vault this evening - hooray! On the down side, it took 289 pulls. Blah! The vault kept cruelly taunting me, as I'd see claws, and get excited, before I realized it was another Daken (2 or 3 stars) or another Wolverine. I think I had 25 covers between 2* Daken, 3* Daken, 2* Wolverine, and Patch. Sabretooth is now 2/5/5, which isn't great for bonus-hero-ing, so I guess I'll just wait to see how long it takes for a green cover to show up. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I use 4Juggs as part of my standard PvE team these days. It's been amusing in the last couple of events, where 1* Juggs shows up at least occasionally as an enemy. I keep thinking "What stops a juggernaut? Another, bigger, Juggernaut! With a hammer." XD
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I feel very strongly that 5* Bobby Drake's green should be called "Icemans" instead of "Icemen".
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel very strongly that 5* Bobby Drake's green should be called "Icemans" instead of "Icemen".
    Why not Icesman? Like attorneys general 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Why not Icesman? Like attorneys general 
    It actually is the same principle. "attorney" and "man" are the nouns in each, while "ice" and "general" are modifiers on those nouns. The plural goes on the noun, not the modifier.
    I'm only talking about breaking spelling here, not grammar ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Icedudes.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Man I want that 5*Daredevil costume, but then again, it would have cost me 250 (I think) precious command points!  Eh, I can live without it!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man I want that 5*Daredevil costume, but then again, it would have cost me 250 (I think) precious command points!  Eh, I can live without it!
    Curious, I can’t see this. But I am being offered a JJ costume for real money. Are the devs doing a different offers to different people test again?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Dr Strange already running around with Wong, I think my Rank 2 Sanctum Sanctorum (177A Bleecker Street) support really belongs on Devil Dinosaur.  Now that the big guy/gal/whatever has a smoking jacket, drink and pistol, the Savage Lands are just too...well...savage to be a suitable home, so a Manhattan address is just what the doctor ordered...

In news that may or not be related, Dr Strange has been trying to defend the Earth as Sorcerer Supreme in this current PVE with the aid of a dinosaur and redhead in a Witch's costume while slumming it down in SCL5.   I can only assume the tenant at 177B has the building superintendent on speed-dial.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Curious, I can’t see this. But I am being offered a JJ costume for real money. Are the devs doing a different offers to different people test again?
    This is the offer he’s remembering....

Daredevil (Vigilante) for 5* DD - 300 CP bundle included 70K iso and one yellow cover for 5DD.  Offered 6/13 to 6/26/19.

It’s too bad no costume has been offered twice. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s too bad no costume has been offered twice. 
    I think it's great that they don't re-offer them. Once I missed one, I can no longer get all of them and have no reason to care about missing more.
    If they were available with any regularity then I may actually have an incentive to try to get them all.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I find it amusing to use Professor X's purple to summon X-Men who are currently on my team anyway. Especially when, like in the current run of The Hunt, it's even the same version that his animation uses, so it looks just the same as if I'd fired Adamantium Slash, but it actually does reasonable SCL9 damage!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is there some code in the game that you will always have a match 5 on the opening screen when up against 4* Jean Grey?

It's probably just coincidence, but every match I've had against her lately has had one.
    "Ooh, match 5! ****, Teen Jean. ><"
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Is there some code in the game that you will always have a match 5 on the opening screen when up against 4* Jean Grey?

It's probably just coincidence, but every match I've had against her lately has had one.
    "Ooh, match 5! tinykitty, Teen Jean. ><"
    No, but I do seem to cascade into them more frequently than usual.  Two turns in a row in today's Behemoth Burrito...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Incognito? Or see nothing, say nothing, hear nothing.