Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are a number of things I missed by starting well into the game's history that I wish I'd been around for, but there are also more than a few that I'm glad I dodged because of it. That is def one of them.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I remember when 1* Venom had an autokill power on his black Devour ability when he had so many web tiles on the board. At that time it was nearly impossible to get enough web tiles on the board to use it. Now it would be easy to use....would love that have that for a few of these SCL 10 nodes now!

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wait, he doesn’t still have that? It’s been so long since I had him rostered, that I just assumed he was always run on less than 5 covers in PVE events to be nicer

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

No, it's been changed so that at 5 covers, he stuns the target; with less than 5 he needs web tiles to stun (more tiles with less covers).

• MrEd95
    Options

Ah man, thats a shame. That team stun was really useful, but so op for a 1*, especially when he had the insta-kill as well.

I’m trying to remember how some other powers used to be, like how good 2* storm used to be. Her yellow used to do tons more damage before they neutered her.

• TPF Alexis
    Options

2* Storm is still really good. She must have been amazing back then.

• MrEd95
    Options

It was awesome. Her yellow didn’t have bar point for upping the damage output. It was just the same damage threshold (depending on cover level) to trigger, and there was no smaller amount of damage dealt, plus the amount was bigger than the larger damage amount is now.

That combined with the blue aoe + stun, and her green board shake, and she was a guaranteed person on my team in those days

• Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options

My random thought: We need more Fantastic Four characters in the game. Where is Super Skrull? He has an easy to build template: use him like Taskmaster. He can pick from the different Fantastic Four abilities. Easy enough!

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    With only his purple getting activated, Mr. Sinister comes across like some sort of evil librarian. Not doing anything but shushing everyone all the time ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shouldn't 4* Star-Lord's 1-cover "Oldest Trick in the Book" fail on Beta-Ray Bill?

"Star-Lord points past his enemy and shouts 'Hey! Is that Beta Ray Bill?' before swinging in with a sucker-punch."
    This is an excellent point. It should change to "Hey! Beta Ray Bill! Want some horse feed buddy?"
  • TPF Alexis
    Options

Well. They really weren't messing around with the "Unholy" Part of "Unholy Alliance" this time!

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Frank gonna send ya to hell!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    If there is anything more satisfying than blasting a goon in the face with a flying battlespaceship, I have yet to find it. Odin bless you, Beta Ray Bill.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Just what is Quake's symbol supposed to be anyhow? It looks vaguely yonic, but other than that, I got nothing.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just what is Quake's symbol supposed to be anyhow? It looks vaguely yonic, but other than that, I got nothing.
    I always just assumed it was a stylized representation of her gauntlet.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Kojubat said:
    I always just assumed it was a stylized representation of her gauntlet.

Huh. Never noticed that pattern on there before. Def makes more sense than my guess.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You know, I never explicitly considered Rule 34 Quake, so maybe neither of us is wrong?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Kojubat said:
    You know, I never explicitly considered Rule 34 Quake, so maybe neither of us is wrong?

I wasn't so much thinking of it to that extent as...just, well, I'm a lesbian, and pattern recognition tends to go to certain places ;)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I found it quite amusing that the enemy team's Gamma Siphon team-up saved me from Hela's green at one point during that Challenge node.