New Feature - Saved Covers *Updated (6/19/18)

Options

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I support the change to 3 covers. At the end of the day, the people who want it to stay at 5 want it that way so that they never have to actually use the feature and cash in the 5* covers. Thats obviously completely against what the system was brought in for. 3 will make it far quicker to get a different cover so big thumbs up from me.  
    It's called a "save" feature. Not exchange.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    I support the change to 3 covers. At the end of the day, the people who want it to stay at 5 want it that way so that they never have to actually use the feature and cash in the 5* covers. Thats obviously completely against what the system was brought in for. 3 will make it far quicker to get a different cover so big thumbs up from me.  
    Well the first line of the feature intro is...

Saved Covers allows you to store covers you aren’t able to use, in order to convert them into another power’s level.

• tiomono
    edited June 2018
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Well the first line of the feature intro is...

Saved Covers allows you to store covers you aren’t able to use, in order to convert them into another power’s level.

Or you could save them. That is an option. Why get crabby when people use an option that the game gives them?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Yes, but that's primarily a side-effect of the developers not wanting us (and rightly so) to "lose" the covers if we champion the character before needing to convert them. That's why, for example, the the storage cap and exchange rate are (currently) tied together.

If they really wanted it to be a save feature first, we would surely be allowed to save covers even on characters already fully covered.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Saved another couple of 4* (in exactly the colours I had lost before) and a couple of 2* - system working as intended. I'm also thinking of delaying the saving by 13 days to see if I can't get those covers before I save them to increase the effective 'size' of the save bank.
  • tiomono
    Options
    Yes, but that's primarily a side-effect of the developers not wanting us (and rightly so) to "lose" the covers if we champion the character before needing to convert them. That's why, for example, the the storage cap and exchange rate are (currently) tied together.

If they really wanted it to be a save feature first, we would surely be allowed to save covers even on characters already fully covered.
    But it's still an option. Otherwise once you hit 5 or 3 covers depending on the star level it would force you to convert, but it let's you choose to convert or not. It's called options. Most people like them and should realize it's ok for someone else to take a different option than they would themself.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tiomono said:

But it's still an option. Otherwise once you hit 5 or 3 covers depending on the star level it would force you to convert, but it let's you choose to convert or not. It's called options. Most people like them and should realize it's ok for someone else to take a different option than they would themself.
    Hang on. According to another thread it automatically swaps when you have 5/5 saved covers. I can't confirm it, but that would basically mean you only have a 2/4 bank to try and get your character covered.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Straycat said:
    tiomono said:

Hang on. According to another thread it automatically swaps when you have 5/5 saved covers. I can't confirm it, but that would basically mean you only have a 2/4 bank to try and get your character covered.
    Well, it doesn't immediately swap for a cover at the exact second you store your 5th cover. There does seem to be an issue where once you have 5 covers stored, you can't actually apply another cover to that character without first using the 5 stored covers. (You should, I think, be able to purchase that 13th cover with CP without triggering this, however, for what that's worth). No word on whether that's intended or not, as far as I know.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m hopeful they will consider allowing a 13 cover non championed character to use the save feature as well. 

That would help if you are ISO starved or when you only have one 13 covered 5*.
    I can’t say I would be excited about championing OML and moving into the 5* meta all by himself. 
    It would be nice if you could save the cover until he has another 5* toon to join him. 
  • Tron4
    Tron4 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wil88 said:
    I’m hopeful they will consider allowing a 13 cover non championed character to use the save feature as well. 

That would help if you are ISO starved or when you only have one 13 covered 5*.
    I can’t say I would be excited about championing OML and moving into the 5* meta all by himself. 
    It would be nice if you could save the cover until he has another 5* toon to join him. 
    I would love this feature to be introduced. I have 5 5's at 13 covers, but still not a Gambit (Might not matter after his impending nerf) 
    I've resisted the move to 5 land due to my Gambit being at 12 covers, and in the meantime, have thrown away covers for at least 4 5 stars, due to me not wanting to enter the 5 star tier without the one character you currently need. Once I have Okye at 13, or they nerf the gambatt, then I will consider finally champing the chars I have at 13, and it would have been nice to have some of them higher than the 450 level they'll all be at, with champ levels only achievable by getting my fours higher or starting to pull classics again
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby

If this has been asked I apologize. If you have a character at 12 covers with 2 unusable in the bank will that trigger a HFH offer? 

Thanks in advance.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    A "feature" in the game took away my chance to save a 4* cover. 

When you have an open roster slot, and you earn a cover that cannot be applied to a currently rostered character, MPQ will automatically roster that character for you when you claim it (note that this is almost never desirable). So if you sell off a max-champed 2* and then receive covers (via event rewards, token pulls, BH, etc), you can end up with unintended duplicate characters. Which is why I now have a 1/4/5 Nightcrawler and a 0/0/1 Nightcrawler (that I now have to sell, I guess). 

Auto-rostering might be a useful feature for a beginner 1* player (maybe), but it needs to either go away after that, or be an optional feature. Particularly in light of the new cover save feature. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options

When you have an open roster slot, and you earn a cover that cannot be applied to a currently rostered character, MPQ will automatically roster that character for you when you claim it (note that this is almost never desirable). So if you sell off a max-champed 2* and then receive covers (via event rewards, token pulls, BH, etc), you can end up with unintended duplicate characters. Which is why I now have a 1/4/5 Nightcrawler and a 0/0/1 Nightcrawler (that I now have to sell, I guess). 

Auto-rostering might be a useful feature for a beginner 1* player (maybe), but it needs to either go away after that, or be an optional feature. Particularly in light of the new cover save feature. 

Ok reading that again I don't quite understand what you're saying.

You should have gotten the "Save" button for that Nightcrawler cover, not the "Recruit" button.

It doesn't automatically roster dupes like that.

• DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You implemented this right before multiple DDQs would have given me what would have been unsuable 3* covers so perfect timing for me. So glad those covers won't be wasted. :)
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

You should have gotten the "Save" button for that Nightcrawler cover, not the "Recruit" button.

To be honest, I didn't notice anything was amiss until after the fact when I realized I had 2 Nightcrawlers and no empty roster slots. The "Train", "Save" and "Recruit" buttons are pretty distinct from each other, so I can't think of any other way it could have happened. I'll try to duplicate it (with a 2* instead). 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

To be honest, I didn't notice anything was amiss until after the fact when I realized I had 2 Nightcrawlers and no empty roster slots. The "Train", "Save" and "Recruit" buttons are pretty distinct from each other, so I can't think of any other way it could have happened. I'll try to duplicate it (with a 2* instead). 
    The only time I have seen the game automatically roster a cover (it goes straight from opening the token to your roster, so you don't see it in your queue, and thus no option to Train/Recruit/Save) is when you don't have the character in your roster at all. I've never seen it do what you describe here.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve just saved 2 black JJ covers and it still says 2/5 

thought that 5*s were meant to be 3 covers ?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve just saved 2 black JJ covers and it still says 2/5 

thought that 5*s were meant to be 3 covers ?
    Sssssshhhhh
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I meant to say; I was of the understanding that it’s supposed to be 3 covers saved = 1 cover to exchange 

but mine says 5 , was meant to update about a week ago according to Brigby