Update to 4-Star Pack Odds (6/4/18)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that there's so many 4*, maybe instead of the 12 latest, make 12-15 characters have increased odds.  Use the CoT order and change it every season.  That way you'll get a good mix of new and old.  

Another idea is to have seasonal vaults.  Instead of boosting the odds of 12 chars, vault some and then rotate at season end.

Lastly, I put this in suggestings a while ago; give us the ability to mark a small number of characters as being exempt from being pulled.  Kinda an anti-bonus mechanic....

** Also why are Iron Spidey, Widow still marked as "new".  If there's no increased odds for latest, there's no need to make than only available after the season...**
    They have tried seasonal vaulting in the past. I remember not liking it.

Bonus heroes are there to give you increased odds on specific characters of your choice and it actually works fairly well.

I find the idea of reverse bonus hero interesting. It could be very confusing to new players though. If you are trying to collect characters why would you want to decide not to collect certain characters.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did this get dropped already or something? Noticing Daken's store in PVP is also displaying the old odds too. So thats only one event in three now that 4* odds have been increased in stores. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did this get dropped already or something? Noticing Daken's store in PVP is also displaying the old odds too. So thats only one event in three now that 4* odds have been increased in stores. 
    Their communication on this matter is obviously not very strong,

The tokens for Daken actually are updated to the “new improved” odds.  It was pointed out earlier in comments, but who can read 13 pages of comments?

the 3* PVP tokens increased for 4* pulls from ~1:21 to ~1:14.

The 4* pvp tokens increased for 4* pulls to ~1:11.

The 4* odds for the New Release PVE tokens are now ~1:13. I have no idea what they were before.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All these different odds. Why? It should be 1:11 for a 4* in ALL PVP stores. I just dont get all these shifting of odds when you really can only benefits from increased 4* odds in these PVP stores. 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    All these different odds. Why? It should be 1:11 for a 4* in ALL PVP stores. I just dont get all these shifting of odds when you really can only benefits from increased 4* odds in these PVP stores. 
    For 3/4 pvp, the idea is you will get more of the featured character from the stores. That means different odds depending on whether they are running a 3* or 4* PVP.

It seems silly given how easy it is to get 3*s in game, but that’s the only logical conclusion.

To me, that means I purchase 0 of the 3* PVP tokens and save my HP for shields and other stores that offer odds that help my roster more.

For example:  buy Heroic tokens or save your HP for the offseason, where the packs are cheaper than at any other time.  And both of those are cheaper than the in-season PVP tokens.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The odds for Sinister Six boss event (Iron Spidey release) was 1:17 because I had screenshot it. It's 1:13 now for the current boss event. So, that's a 28% odds increase in getting 4*
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Now that there's so many 4*, maybe instead of the 12 latest, make 12-15 characters have increased odds.  Use the CoT order and change it every season.  That way you'll get a good mix of new and old.  

Another idea is to have seasonal vaults.  Instead of boosting the odds of 12 chars, vault some and then rotate at season end.

Lastly, I put this in suggestings a while ago; give us the ability to mark a small number of characters as being exempt from being pulled.  Kinda an anti-bonus mechanic....

** Also why are Iron Spidey, Widow still marked as "new".  If there's no increased odds for latest, there's no need to make than only available after the season...**
    They have tried seasonal vaulting in the past. I remember not liking it.

Bonus heroes are there to give you increased odds on specific characters of your choice and it actually works fairly well.

I find the idea of reverse bonus hero interesting. It could be very confusing to new players though. If you are trying to collect characters why would you want to decide not to collect certain characters.
    Could I make everyone *but* a certain character an "I don't want this character" reverse bonus hero?  That would be a really good way to cover a character very quickly.  Gambit for the 5-stars, Carol for the 4-stars...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So, you will be able to cover a 4* from scratch in less than 25 pulls and a 5* in less than 150 pulls (factoring in duplicates)?

If so, the chances of that happening is zero.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So would like to give a little real world experience with the new 4* rates and compete token dilution. I will be taking about Wiccan and Iron Spidey with this.  

On Thursday I opened over 900 Heroics, 180+ LTs and 2,500 CPs so it was a lot of tokens. All in I pulled a total of 5 Iron Spidey and 4 Wiccan. Yep. A total of 9 covers between them. Both of them are not even champed yet with all of these covers. To put this into prespective I got 8 Drax and 7 Invisible woman and 10 Thing. Without the latest 12 having an increased rate, I have no idea when these could be finished, oh wait the next time they come around for rewards. 

It is a bit insane to pull that many tokens, and not be able to champ the new 4*. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Rockett,

Not sure if you pulled from latest (100) or classic (125) but assuming it was latest you had 280 pulls (238 4* at 85%) and 900*.07=63. So roughly 301 4* pulls. At 60+ 4* you should expect roughly 5 of each and that's essentially what you got.

Presumably you didn't have either set as a BH since you should have gotten 15 or so BH's.

The math says with 60 4* characters that you need 780 4*  (60*13) to fully cover from scratch. If you can earn 3-4 from the release + PvE + PvP it lowers it to 540 (60*9) 4*.  Note that's 4* not tokens since if your pulling just legendary you have to add 15% more due to the 5*s you'll get.

Bottom line is that if your hoarding to 300 legendary tokens you roughly have to do that twice to cover a 4* that gets released now. This is why it may be better for 3* players to hoard and skip right to 5* land with 6 fully covered 5* (600-700ish tokens opened in 2 groups of 300-350) and as a bonus they cover all the 4*s too.

KGB
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    And that's suppose to make one feel better about covering new 4s how? He pulled a hoard, imagine how non-hoarders or even newbs are gonna feel seeing those all unfinished 4s stagnate. They'll feel my 5* transition pain now, at least.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Rockett,

Not sure if you pulled from latest (100) or classic (125) but assuming it was latest you had 280 pulls (238 4* at 85%) and 900*.07=63. So roughly 301 4* pulls. At 60+ 4* you should expect roughly 5 of each and that's essentially what you got.

Presumably you didn't have either set as a BH since you should have gotten 15 or so BH's.

The math says with 60 4* characters that you need 780 4*  (60*13) to fully cover from scratch. If you can earn 3-4 from the release + PvE + PvP it lowers it to 540 (60*9) 4*.  Note that's 4* not tokens since if your pulling just legendary you have to add 15% more due to the 5*s you'll get.

Bottom line is that if your hoarding to 300 legendary tokens you roughly have to do that twice to cover a 4* that gets released now. This is why it may be better for 3* players to hoard and skip right to 5* land with 6 fully covered 5* (600-700ish tokens opened in 2 groups of 300-350) and as a bonus they cover all the 4*s too.

KGB
    The sheer amount of time it would take for a 3star roster to gain that much resources, not to mention spare ISO not to waste all the 4star covers is staggering to think about. Though it is more realistically possible now that they can get 15cp progression again. The odds the player will burn out long before is also more realistic though.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    The new era of Megadilution is horrible for players who are trying to establish a 4* roster.  Just horrible.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Daiches said:
    KGB said:
    Rockett,

KGB
    The sheer amount of time it would take for a 3star roster to gain that much resources, not to mention spare ISO not to waste all the 4star covers is staggering to think about. Though it is more realistically possible now that they can get 15cp progression again. The odds the player will burn out long before is also more realistic though.
    It takes roughly a year of hoarding.  I know because I did it :)  This was back before shield clearance levels so I had a soft capped 3* roster so I could snag 1 4* cover in every PvE. I saved every CP / LT etc for roughly a year because the dilution was already bad then (40ish 4*).

The day vaulting went live (which was also essentially immediately after SCL let me uncap my roster), I opened a ton of LT's + CP (1/2 of everything I had) and covered all 12 of the latest top 4* like Peggy, Medusa etc. I had something like 5 million ISO saved so it was easy to champ them all. Changed the game for me because I immediately had 4* champs.

I realize not everyone can do that. But right now you need 60000 HP to roster 60 4*. By the time a player opens roughly 70 LT's (adding in a few 5* that gives them) they will have 1 of ever cover. Either they have 60K hero points or they start tossing covers. Hence hoarding at least gives them a chance to not waste all those tokens because by the time you have 3* champs you can probably earn enough hero points to roster the 4* earned in PvE progression.

KGB
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Daiches said:
    KGB said:
    Rockett,

KGB
    It takes roughly a year of hoarding.  I know because I did it :)  This was back before shield clearance levels so I had a soft capped 3* roster so I could snag 1 4* cover in every PvE. I saved every CP / LT etc for roughly a year because the dilution was already bad then (40ish 4*).

The day vaulting went live (which was also essentially immediately after SCL let me uncap my roster), I opened a ton of LT's + CP (1/2 of everything I had) and covered all 12 of the latest top 4* like Peggy, Medusa etc. I had something like 5 million ISO saved so it was easy to champ them all. Changed the game for me because I immediately had 4* champs.

I realize not everyone can do that. But right now you need 60000 HP to roster 60 4*. By the time a player opens roughly 70 LT's (adding in a few 5* that gives them) they will have 1 of ever cover. Either they have 60K hero points or they start tossing covers. Hence hoarding at least gives them a chance to not waste all those tokens because by the time you have 3* champs you can probably earn enough hero points to roster the 4* earned in PvE progression.

KGB
    It already took you a year under much more favorable conditions. There's so much changed now that 2 years is probably closer to what they would have to do now. In those 2 years at least 24-36 4s will have been added and roughly 12 or more 5s. Plus whatever else. 

Yeah, wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.