Peggy Carter in Comics Celebration! *Updated (5/10/18)

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Today is May 7. No Peggy pack offer yet?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you update your app?  I had to update to 152 before it showed up.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    What is being removed from the Story Event vaults to be replaced by the extra two Basic Support tokens? Is it also going to be 3* covers like the first? (really hoping it is 2* covers this time).

If you look at your current Thick as Thieves vault the Support tokens are no longer classified as 4* tier rewards. They are now labeled as 2* so I'm assuming (and hoping) they're replacing 2* covers
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a pretty good psychological move. Typically, 2* covers take up at least 50% of the vault. In this scenario, it took up ~34% of the vault. Replacing 2* with 5 Elite covers and 3 Heroic Tokens satisfy some kind of thrill. Instead of seeing 8 guaranteed 2*, the players are seeing potential of 3* and 4* covers plus bonus hero. The players are not losing out even if the Elite or Heroic tokens turn out to be a 2*. 

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Did you update your app?  I had to update to 152 before it showed up.
    I had the refresh the App Store with a quick drag down of the screen. All set now
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    First of all congrats for getting an exclusive MPQ character into a new comic. Usually its the other way around. Now the only good thing I see here is that they are giving Valkyrie a new comic cover that actually shows the character and not just words. I really hope they don't get rid of other 3* covers when they add more Support tokens to the vaults. Just change them out with the 2*'s that dominate all the vaults.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Celebration aka cash grab.  I bought all the bundles but this is a joke.  Lose the supports and red iso and replace with some covers and hp and I might be interested
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:
    Celebration aka cash grab.  I bought all the bundles but this is a joke.  Lose the supports and red iso and replace with some covers and hp and I might be interested
    I’m with ya.  No HP no party.
  • Shintok17
    edited May 2018
    n25philly said:
    That's how I feel. I bought most of the others, because they had two 4* character's covers or at least a mix match of 4* & 3* covers and Purple ISO. With other extra things added as well. This one does not make me feel like buying it. For the Devs It's all about Red Iso and Supports these days. Just look at the 152 update release notes. They are all about Supports. Stop shoving Supports down our throats, just because you decided to spend all the development time on it at the expense of everything else we have been having issues with or have asked for. Why create a new feature if your going to keep it away from the player base?
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:

Yes this.  I've purchased each of the previous bundles but I'm not even tempted by this one...despite the fact that I'd love some Peggy champ rewards.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I just wanted to say that I'm so happy that there's actually an in-game celebration of this!  Plus, an update to Valkyrie's cover!  I feel like I just won the forum since it was the two things that I've requested recently (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70830/mpq-peggy-carter-appearing-in-comics-in-may and https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/789572#Comment_789572B):p  ;)

Ok, technically, I asked for Exiles #2 to be Valkyrie's cover, but I'll take the variant #1 over the sad movie poster that the game's been using.
  • drexyl
    drexyl Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    n25philly said:
    I’m with ya.  No HP no party.
    I'm so close to uninstalling this game at this point.
  • Shintok17
    Why didn't they just use the Exiles (2018) #2 cover for Valkyrie? It has her at the center and it is literally titled "The Debut of Valkyrie!". The  Exiles (2018) #1 cover is cluttered with so many other characters. Same thing happened with 4* X-Force Deadpool cover were he is flipping on the top right, where you can barely see him with the cover distribution numbers on top of him. It looks more like an X-Force Wolverine or a Deathlok cover.
  • bluewolf
    Re:  The pack's desirability:  

It's still early days for the Support economy.  If you don't like the offer, don't buy it!  They are testing the waters with every offering to see what makes us buy or not buy things.  They may not be doing A/B testings (perhaps because it quickly becomes known what offers are out there, and that can impact sales), but every time a new offer is put out there, they are paying attention to the pickup rate to see how they can increase sales.  That is the point of the game for the developers - offering entertainment that you choose to pay for, and figuring out how to make those payments go up.

And it's just a short term offer.  None of the offers have been exactly like the one before.  Buy the ones that seem worthwhile, ignore the ones that aren't.  Or ignore all of them.

This is the first time, so far, that a specific multi cover bundle has been available at the same time that a feeder announcement was made, so people who feel it's worthy pushing Peggy over an LT break can do so if they choose.

That said, constructive comments (this isn't worth it because there's no HP or whatever) will help the devs find offers that appeal.

Personally, I'm not buying this pack because I bought the SCL8 pack, and one LT (Peggy will go to 300) and one Master Support aren't worth $20 to me this quickly after my last buy.  The Riso amounts on offer remain a pittance/non consideration.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Why didn't they just use the Exiles (2018) #2 cover for Valkyrie? It has her at the center and it is literally titled "The Debut of Valkyrie!". The  Exiles (2018) #1 cover is cluttered with so many other characters. Same thing happened with 4* X-Force Deadpool cover were he is flipping on the top right, where you can barely see him with the cover distribution numbers on top of him. It looks more like an X-Force Wolverine or a Deathlok cover.
    They're using a Variant for #1, which probably means This One. So it's just her, no clutter, no other characters.
  • bluewolf
    JHawkInc said:
    Shintok17 said:
    They're using a Variant for #1, which probably means This One. So it's just her, no clutter, no other characters.
    You are correct, despite the cover for #2 being much more dramatic.  
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    vudu3 said:
    My Peggy is level 330 and my Cap is 5/3/3. So at least one of us is happy. :smiley:
    My 2/5/0 Cap is not thrilled. (323 Peggy = more 5* waste)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Shintok17 said:
    You are correct, despite the cover for #2 being much more dramatic.  
    OOf ,  I'd rather have cover numbe 2.  but at least they got her image on the cover.  baby steps baby steps
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Clearly, the devs value the Master Support Tokens greatly and maybe with good reason - the 4 star and 5 star supports are powerful, you only have to pull them once, and, if you pull a dupe, the riso awards are massive. I pulled a dupe 2 star the other day and I think it awarded a whopping 7,000 riso which makes the amount earned in PVE look laughable. It appears to me that the devs expect dupe pulls to be the main source of riso in the future.

But, given the extremely low flow of support tokens so far, I think all of us in community are having a hard time figuring out how in the heck to value these things. I think I see the value, but, it all feels a bit abstract as I have no clue of what it will actually take to earn these things, how often the will come along, etc. That kind of sabotages the ability to value them and derails the collector aspect of these things until the dust settles and they start flowing more often.

• professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    This offer is similar to the 4* Rocket & Groot + Master Support deal, yet can't be purchased for HP? It would be nice if in game currency could be used to buy things in game.