Peggy Carter in Comics Celebration! *Updated (5/10/18)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I think R4G deal was much better for 7600 or 7800 HP:
    • Three covers (1 of each power) of Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
    • 12,000 Red Iso-8
    • One Master Support token
    However, I believe it was a special promotion targeted at veteran players. That's why the Riso was high. 5* Thanos deal for 450 CP was attractive as well. I almost bought it but decided to restrain myself. I believe they might have switched to real currency this round because players in 3* or transitioning to 4* are unlikely to have 7800HP at their disposal. It's targeted at a wider segment.

To be fair, 2900 HP cost about 20USD.  7800 HP is about 60USD, but this deal is about 20USD. It's actually a good deal using a logical comparison. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think R4G deal was much better for 7600 or 7800 HP:
    • Three covers (1 of each power) of Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
    • 12,000 Red Iso-8
    • One Master Support token
    However, I believe it was a special promotion targeted at veteran players. That's why the Riso was high. 5* Thanos deal for 450 CP was attractive as well. I almost bought it but decided to restrain myself. I believe they might have switched to real currency this round because players in 3* or transitioning to 4* are unlikely to have 7800HP at their disposal. It's targeted at a wider segment.

To be fair, 2900 HP cost about 20USD.  7800 HP is about 60USD, but this deal is about 20USD. It's actually a good deal using a logical comparison. 
    I sorta feel like we've seen theses offers.

Master support for hp
    Master support for CP
    Master support for $real dollars.

I'm sure they have collected and organized the data.  We shall see which offer will be adopted as the default standard, although I'm sure they will rotate among those three formats and fine tune the offer.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2018
    ZeiramMR said:
    What is being removed from the Story Event vaults to be replaced by the extra two Basic Support tokens? Is it also going to be 3* covers like the first? (really hoping it is 2* covers this time).
    The extra two Basic Support tokens did replace two random 2-Star covers.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey can you guys fix Gambit?  5* FA Cap is already fully covered, but I can't level him because I already have one maxed 5* and if Ievel another I'll go up into full 5* MMR and get crushed.  Guess I'm selling those covers.

Thanks.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    thanks for the new stuff, it's pretty cool that Peggy made it to the comic books too , congrats
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    What is being removed from the Story Event vaults to be replaced by the extra two Basic Support tokens? Is it also going to be 3* covers like the first? (really hoping it is 2* covers this time).
    The extra two Basic Support tokens did replace two random 2-Star covers.
    That's probably going to fly under the radar with how bent out of shape people are over other things, but that is fantastic news, because this was a big complaint when the first token was added to the vaults. We've still got a ways to go before things are decent (like, I say for the hundredth time, a guaranteed Support token in Story Progression), but I suspect we'll get there eventually (I assume the devs will be more willing to do so once we have more Supports available, it's just a pain having to wait for what we want for the circumstances that the devs will be okay to give it to us). And it's a step in the right direction to see them addressing problems.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated article to show that the Exile comic is available starting May 9th, as opposed to May 10th.
  • CathexisZero
    CathexisZero Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Am I the only one who kind of wishes that the Exiles vault/celebration introduced Blink into MPQ...?
  • TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I definitely want Peggy, but I didn't pull the trigger on this deal because I felt the rISO and the token wasn't worth the price.  If they threw in some HP (a small amount, at least enough to make room on the roster for our Peg), I'd probably have bought it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one who kind of wishes that the Exiles vault/celebration introduced Blink into MPQ...?
    No, she could be fun in the game.  I’m all for it.  Love the OG Exiles.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    5000 iso from the free token! Yes, thanks!
    Congrats Peggy!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    And the Valkyrie cover is yellow for me, which is useless. Too bad, I would have pulled the entire vault if it had been useable.  
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Question - why does the vault have 47 items instead of the normal 41 for such vaults? Would that mean that even after the free token and buying the 40 pack, there's no guarantee to get the Peggy/Valkyrie cover and the good stuff?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The vault offers unlimited 100 HP single pulls. And only 47 items? This makes for a solid vault.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

The For Victory PvP awards tokens for the Exiles vault. Since the vault cannot be reset you may not be able to redeem them if you Clean out the vault early.

(The tokens may be redeemable after the vault expires though, I Think that is how it has worked in the past. If they are, I guess that means you get extra chances for the good stuff if you buy a lot of pulls early on).

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *Updated article to show that the Exile comic is available starting May 9th, as opposed to May 10th.

It'll be the 10th here...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    madoctor said:
    Question - why does the vault have 47 items instead of the normal 41 for such vaults? Would that mean that even after the free token and buying the 40 pack, there's no guarantee to get the Peggy/Valkyrie cover and the good stuff?
    I’m guessing we’ll get a chance to earn 6 more vault tokens from the related Peggy event and next pve progression since we can’t reset the vault? But yeah I do get the concern from your scenario presented
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    47 rewards:
    1 free token
    3 tokens (possible) from progression 
    Top 10 alliances get 2 or 3 tokens (3 tokens for 1&2, 2 for the rest)

Leaving 40 rewards for those people to chase.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    madoctor said:
    I’m guessing we’ll get a chance to earn 6 more vault tokens from the related Peggy event and next pve progression since we can’t reset the vault? But yeah I do get the concern from your scenario presented
    I see, I forgot about the earnable tokens. Thanks and @bluewolf