Peggy Carter in Comics Celebration! *Updated (5/10/18)

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    And the Valkyrie cover is yellow for me, which is useless. Too bad, I would have pulled the entire vault if it had been useable.  
    Same here.  I think I already have two Yellow on the vine.  I'm really hoping to get the HFH offer soon, because if I get it I'll empty the vault.  If I don't I might still and hope for the HFH offer anyway.
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Because Peggy is coming out in a new comic but Infinity War is like super old.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    And the Valkyrie cover is yellow for me, which is useless. Too bad, I would have pulled the entire vault if it had been useable.  
    Same here.  I think I already have two Yellow on the vine.  I'm really hoping to get the HFH offer soon, because if I get it I'll empty the vault.  If I don't I might still and hope for the HFH offer anyway.
    I am excited to have a yellow in my vault since my Valkyrie is 3/5/4 with two black covers on the vine... Tempted to buy some 10 packs from the vaults after I get my free tokens.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    My Vault has a Black cover for Valkyrie. I will take that.
  • Hitman
    Hitman Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hey there,
    I wondered how long sometimes a champion reward change, for eg the new 4* black widow released and I thought soon they change the 3* black widow rewards. Its just a feeling that sometimes they changed this after a year and sometimes after a few weeks. 4* and 5* ghostrider are also concerned.
    Can somebody explain it to me? I'm new to this forum and found yet no comment to this inconstancy...
    Greetings
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Hitman said:
    Hey there,
    I wondered how long sometimes a champion reward change, for eg the new 4* black widow released and I thought soon they change the 3* black widow rewards. Its just a feeling that sometimes they changed this after a year and sometimes after a few weeks. 4* and 5* ghostrider are also concerned.
    Can somebody explain it to me? I'm new to this forum and found yet no comment to this inconstancy...
    Greetings
    Because all those Support fixes don't write themselves?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 3* rewards have not been updated in approximately a year.  There are far more (20+) 4*s than 3* characters, so even if they were updated, there would be a lot of unfed 4's.  I'm not sure when before that they changed the 3* champion rewards, but it was probably close to a year.  At one point recently, the developers said they were not updating the 3* rewards because it could impact some player's plans.

They do not usually update champion rewards to give out new character covers, as the new characters are basically the most sought after characters.  So it would probably be a while before 3BW gives 4BW covers, if that is something that the devs eventually make happen.

4* to 5* feeders either occur every 4 weeks, or possibly every 2 weeks, if the recent pattern holds.  The devs will not update rewards to give covers for a 5* that is currently in Latest, so GRRR covers won't be for at least 6 weeks.  There are still a lot of unfed 5's, so it may be a while before GRRR is fed by (presumably) 4* GR.
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    /sigh at support design

Bought the offer for Peggy covers. Opened the support token and got a 5* and 7k RISO since I was replacing a 2*! But it's the web shooters, so mostly useless because of Spider-verse requirement

Why couldn't supports be more attainable, but require leveling up to 5* status with multiple support pulls?
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    madoctor said:
    madoctor said:
    Question - why does the vault have 47 items instead of the normal 41 for such vaults? Would that mean that even after the free token and buying the 40 pack, there's no guarantee to get the Peggy/Valkyrie cover and the good stuff?
    I’m guessing we’ll get a chance to earn 6 more vault tokens from the related Peggy event and next pve progression since we can’t reset the vault? But yeah I do get the concern from your scenario presented
    I see, I forgot about the earnable tokens. Thanks and @bluewolf
    The pvp tokens are a possibility, but the vault ends around the same time Unstable Iso-8 begins, so that wouldn't be an option. Guess we'd just have to spend 100hp at a time on additional pulls if that happened...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I picked up the comic* today on my way home from an appointment. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, tho.

*And the first two. I figure it'll make more sense that way ;)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it just me or does this celebration feel more generous than when that movie thing happened a few weeks ago?
    It looks like a much better deal if you're going to spend HP: much smaller vault, cheap 40 pack.  The free tokens from Infinity War look better than the free/earnable tokens for this promotion though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the devs haven't realized the alliance reward tokens aren't delivered until the vault expires...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I think the devs haven't realized the alliance reward tokens aren't delivered until the vault expires...
    Right,  thats always the Dev's twist to event and resource planning.  Didn't actually run through the timeline to see if everything was scheduled correct.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like pulled the 2 3*s to make room for the extra support packs.  Not a fan of that decision.  Taking away anything but 2*s from those packs is a net loss, especially when supports are so underwhelming.  I'd rather get a 3* than one of those tokens....
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Looks like pulled the 2 3*s to make room for the extra support packs.  Not a fan of that decision.  Taking away anything but 2*s from those packs is a net loss, especially when supports are so underwhelming.  I'd rather get a 3* than one of those tokens....
    That's what I was afraid they would do. They already took out a 3* the first time they added a Support token. I thought they would listen to the players after that. Vaults are already dominated by 2*'s. What's 2 changed into Support tokens. It's like they love to make decisions on Supports that anger the player base.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Earlier in this thread, Brigby said this:

The extra two Basic Support tokens did replace two random 2-Star covers.

And I counted. Prior to Supports, we had one more 3 than now, but the two additional we now have definitely replaced 2* covers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Earlier in this thread, Brigby said this:

The extra two Basic Support tokens did replace two random 2-Star covers.

And I counted. Prior to Supports, we had one more 3 than now, but the two additional we now have definitely replaced 2* covers.
    I counted also, it's possible I miscounted but my results were different than yours.  I compared the Unstable ISO to Black Widow & Friends and there were 2 fewer 3*s in Unstable vs BW unless I miscounted which is totally possible.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about Marvel Insider
  • CathexisZero
    CathexisZero Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    We could also use cartoon Wolverine as his 1* variant.  And hippie!Namor