Peggy Carter in Comics Celebration! *Updated (5/10/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone,

On May 9th, Marvel Puzzle Quest's very own Peggy Carter will be making her Comic debut in the Exiles series, and it looks like we're not the only ones excited about this: Peggy Carter is Captain America in new Marvel comic

Can't wait to get your hands on your own copy of her Exiles issue? Well then look no further: Exiles (2018-) #3

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we'll be running a plethora of special offers, vaults, and various other updates all week long! Marvel Insider will also be offering players an opportunity to get a Peggy Carter comic cover! *New Update*

Check out the details below:

May 7th

Stars and Stripes Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • Price: $19.99 USD (converted accordingly to your region's currency and platform)
  • Available for 7 days
  • Maximum 1 purchase
  • Contents:
    • 3x Peggy Carter (Captain America) covers (One of each ability)
    • 1x Master Support token
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8

May 8th

For Victory - Versus Event
  • Starts at 8pm EDT
  • Rewards tokens to the Exiles Limited Vault
  • Players who log into the game, while this event is running, will get a free token to the Exiles Limited Vault
  • Marvel Insider will be running their Insider Reward effort for players that earn 300+ points in this event. *New Update*
Exiles Limited Vault
  • Runs alongside For Victory
  • 47 items
  • Cannot be reset
  • Contents:
    • 1x Random cover of Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    • 1x Random cover of Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)
    • 3x Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) covers (One of each ability)
    • 3x Wolverine (Patch) covers (One of each ability)
    • 1x Beginner Support token
    • 2x 100 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x Heroic tokens
    • 5x Elite tokens
    • 1x 5,000 Iso-8 item
    • 3x 2,500 Iso-8 items
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8 items
    • 2x 500 Iso-8 items
    • 16x Random 2-Star covers

May 9th

Peggy Carter Champion Rewards Update
  • Starting with the daily patch, Peggy Carter (Captain America)'s champion rewards will be updated to include Captain America (First Avenger) covers:
    • Level 280: Yellow cover
    • Level 300: Red cover
    • Level 320: Blue cover
    • Level 340: Yellow cover
    • Level 350: Red cover
    • Level 360: Blue cover
Valkyrie Cover Update
  • Exiles introduced the version of Valkyrie that is inspired by the character that is in Thor: Ragnarok.
  • Our character, Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior), who is also inspired by that character, will be having her in-game comic updated to Exiles (2018) #1 (Design Variant)

May 10th

Unstable Iso-8 - Story Event
  • Starts at 7am EDT
  • All Red Iso-8 earned in this event is doubled!
  • Starting in this event, and going forward, Story Event vaults will have 3x Basic Support tokens (up from 1)
  • Starting in this event, and going forward, Hard missions will now reward 10 Red Iso-8 (up from 3)

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    5* from promoting is always nice, same as double ISO
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    It’s not double Iso, just double RIso. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Looks like you've done more to tie into Peggy Carter comic launch than then we got for IW...
    Nailed it!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

• All Red Iso-8 earned in this event is doubled!
    You do realise how long it's been since a double regular ISO event has happened, right? Could we have one of those too?

Instead of, you know...using this good publicity to continue to push this new feature on us that we're not overly bothered about?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where was that Stars & Stripes offer back when my Peggy was 4/4/0? ;)

No, seriously, tho, this is all good. Some of it could be better, certainly, but there's nothing here that has an actual downside I can see.
  • Ramble2
    Ramble2 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Way to tie in the new series starring a popular new character by tying in with the biggest move ever, making her a feeder for an old, bad, obsolete version of a character who recently had another version released based on said biggest movie ever. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Yay double red iso. Now I'll get 1000 red iso over the course of the event instead of 500. Whatever will I do with all that red iso?

Would it have killed you guys to give double purple iso as well? I can't even remember the last time we had that. 
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    My Peggy Carter (After buying today's 3-cover deal) is L299.  My Captain America First Avenger is 2/2/0, so I'll need 21 more covers to have a CAFA of 2/2/1.  Yay?  lol
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    My Peggy is level 330 and my Cap is 5/3/3. So at least one of us is happy. :smiley:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fully endorse and approve of all of this. Peggy's still my gal at the 4-star tier (no matter what anyone says about that snot Carol  :p ) and it will be nice to get free BeardCap cover(s) from her champ rewards. More opportunities to get her covers is always welcome. And Peggy events are always the best.

Double Red ISO? ((shrug)) Yeah, okay, whatever.

New Valkyrie cover? Cool! Her cover was total tinykitty and she badly needed an actual comic.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Looks like you've done more to tie into Peggy Carter comic launch than then we got for IW...
    Don’t worry.  I just saw on Facebook that Fortnite will be getting Thanos for a limited time.  They are getting an Infinity War tie in.  So they are getting more than we are.  Smh 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good things all around (if you ignore the repetitive forum snark of people who want to complain without offering a constructive solution), except for the end there.

• Starting in this event, and going forward, Story Event vaults will have 3x Basic Support tokens (up from 1)
    The problem is that there are no guaranteed tokens, ie, tokens in progression. You could put 30 Basic Support tokens in the Story Vaults and if someone doesn't get any with the tokens from that event, it'll be just the same as the vault containing ZERO tokens.

I'm a fan of Supports, but at the rate things are going we'll have moved on to the next major game update/overhaul before we ever really get a chance to try them out. I don't want this year's Anniversary to be full of announcements that "Supports are actually in the game for real this time!"

I know the Devs have said they would rather roll something out slow, than do things too fast and have to backpedal and remove stuff from the game, but we're moving down the runway and you've got to accelerate for this plane to take off. Or fire the guy that wants to roll things out slow and hire a new pilot.

(I can't use the metaphor I really want to use here because of the gorram tinykitty word filter...)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I fully endorse and approve of all of this. Peggy's still my gal at the 4-star tier (no matter what anyone says about that snot Carol  :p ) and it will be nice to get free BeardCap cover(s) from her champ rewards. 
    First Avenger Cap, not Infinity War Cap. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dormammu said:
    I fully endorse and approve of all of this. Peggy's still my gal at the 4-star tier (no matter what anyone says about that snot Carol  :p ) and it will be nice to get free BeardCap cover(s) from her champ rewards. 
    First Avenger Cap, not Infinity War Cap. 
    I'll take his covers, too. Both my 5-star caps are woefully under-covered.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't it a bit odd to include 3 heroic tokens and 5 elite tokens as potential rewards for another token? Is this just a way to make it look like there's 8 less 2* covers? I mean, I'll take it, at least this way there's a small chance of getting something better and gives the opportunity for a bonus hero.