MPQ Peggy Carter appearing in comics in May!

Options
Marvel's May solicitations are out and Peggy Carter - specifically MPQ Peggy Carter as Captain America - is appearing in Exiles #3 by Saladin Ahmed!  https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/8285767/exiles-3

Please let there be an MPQ event that celebrates this fact.

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is....awesome!!! I will definitely have to find a way to get a copy. Thanks for the heads up! 
  • fight4thedream
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I’m curious about Wolverine’s role there.. (but, he looks so cute) and who’s the other female with the claws?
    That's Blink and that is the X-Babies version of Wolverine called Wolvie.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    @OJSP - The Exiles will be a team made up of heroes from alternate universes.  I don't know why she has Wolverine-style claws in the picture, but the purple woman is Blink (specifically, the Age of Apocalypse version).  I don't know if she's the leader, but she's the centerpiece of the team due to her ability to teleport to different universes and timestreams and stuff.  The cute Wolverine is from the X-Babies universe (who knew?).  If you want to know more, here's an EW article introducing the title: http://ew.com/books/2018/01/19/breaking-down-marvels-exiles/
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used to love Exiles back in the day and am a big Peggy fan.  I will have to check it out.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She looks good!! I would love to see a Peggy Carter movie where a portal opens and she appears as Captain America from another world. Hayley Atwell is amazing.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully it will explain what Peggy had against Wasp in her Clash of the Titans matchup.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,623 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love MCU Peggy. Love this.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I need this.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still hoping she gets her own series. I suppose they shot themselves in the foot by having alternate universe Captain America be Samantha Wilson.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So .... MPQ is now an official Marvel alt universe?
    Seems that way. We've already had a lego version of Peggy Carter show up. I need to play that game to see if she's anything more than an unlockable character though...
  • fight4thedream
    Options
    The art looks great.  And bonus points for feeling like an homage to the Grey Suit Black Widow cover by Jim Lee.
    Holy wow! Nice catch! That is pretty cool. 
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm still hoping she gets her own series. I suppose they shot themselves in the foot by having alternate universe Captain America be Samantha Wilson.
    And Marvel has never been known to have more than one alternate universe version of a character... *cough, cough* Spider-Man *cough*  :p;)
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't purchase comics, but I made a wager with myself that if Marvel actually did something with the awesome Peggy Carter MPQ character I'd invest. 

Looks like deep within the M-Mansion, they have detected that bet and called it. 

My wallet is ready.

[Seriously, the background story is amazing in its sublime simplicity and elegance. And she's badass.]

--Khanwulf
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She should at least get the new cover artwork in-game to celebrate.
  • fight4thedream
    Options
    Article from Screen Rant about this comic issue: https://screenrant.com/peggy-carter-captain-america-marvel-comic-exiles/

Also includes a link to the character history video that was made when Peggy was released.
  • Forbush
    Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So .... MPQ is now an official Marvel alt universe?

Yep, an alt where apparently Dark Reign never ended...