Forum thread.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I have to flip a 3 to champ a 4 I will; but I’m trying to avoid it if I can. One way I’m doing that is the token opening embargo. Of course that changed when i busted a large part of my hoard to get a single Cap cover. Had a pretty awful pull rate. Unfortunately pulled 2 Brocks and a Mr. F. (Both level 229), I also had Jubilee and Valkyrie at 12 with covers dying. Opened about 90 heroics and got the 13th Jubilee so just hoping on a Val HfH deal (hope she’s not too new to trigger it)!  Oh and I have a few 3* DDs and a couple 3* RnGs dying too. 

To clear that vine would cost about 1.34 million iso. I may be able to get about 300k in a week. So 600k. I’m sitting on 200k currently (just had a shield rank flip plus iso from those champ levels). I was trying to build my 2 farm up where I have a max champ and a regular champ, and I’m glad I did because there’s another 585k if I sell all the max champs I’m sitting on. So even now, in what seems like a pretty dire iso crunch I should be able to manage without selling any 3s. Of course as long as I don’t pull anymore 3s in need of dupe champing in the next two weeks

If all goes to plan; in two weeks I’ll just have Black Widow (2/3/2- 111), Thing (maxed- 229), Thor (5/2/5- 229), and the next 4 (Iron-Spider/Okoye) to champ. 

All while keeping my 3s. 

My Jessica and Robbie are at 10 each so I’ll be in full hoard mode soon. Likely try to cover them and skip the next 5 (or two) as I build up my hoard again. 

Which means I can continue focusing on the 3* rechamping grind. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options

All while keeping my 3s. 

Hmm, so opening tokens built up your 2* farm and gained a shield rank, which let you cash in the iso you need. Almost as if hoarding and being dedicated to keeping every max 3* champ is forcing yourself into an iso crunch.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Straycat said:

All while keeping my 3s. 

Hmm, so opening tokens built up your 2* farm and gained a shield rank, which let you cash in the iso you need. Almost as if hoarding and being dedicated to keeping every max 3* champ is forcing yourself into an iso crunch.
    No, opening all my LTs and a large chunk of CP got me an extra shield rank.  About 70 pulls will do that.  Sadly only one rank, but it was something! The 2s barely moved the needle.

Having a hoard of heroics allowed me to target Jubilee and save her covers without spending CP which was nice!

Keeping my 3s is absolutely contributing to the crunch but like I said, in two weeks, I should have only THREE 4s left and two of them only need 170k iso to finish.  Champing them now won't move the needle so no need to sell the 3* farm at this point.

As far as hoarding vs. opening goes...

I have four 4s in need of champing.  But yeah, open more tokens... that's the ticket!
  • Straycat
    Options

I have four 4s in need of champing.  But yeah, open more tokens... that's the ticket!
    Yea, the odds are you will pull mostly champ levels, which you just acknowledged that it helped you. But sure, clear your vine first then.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heck, no. If anything, over the past several weeks or so, maybe even couple months, I've been in some bad ISO crunches more often than not. I had both Kate Bishop & Quake covers dying on the vine a while ago, and just managed to get across the line with them while only sacrificing a single max-champ 2*.

Now I've got 2 x 3* max-champs to cycle (GSBW & Panther) with two more coming up (Steve Rogers & Magneto), plus four 4* at 13 covers but well south of level 270 (Rogue, Nico, Moon Knight, and Prof. X), plus several other 4* well covered but not fully leveled. I could probably burn through a million ISO right now and still need more.

My playtime has been cut lately due to heavy workload, too. I've been barely touching PVP, mostly hitting Story nodes when I can for ISO and tokens I'm not scared to draw. My LT hoard is up to almost 40 Latest plus over 800 CP now; I don't dare draw any until I get some ISO built up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be ISO starved than HP or cover starved like I used to be.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Straycat said:

Yea, the odds are you will pull mostly champ levels, which you just acknowledged that it helped you. But sure, clear your vine first then.
    Oh not pulling 4s was never about waste, that was about wanting to target or avoid (hello Angel) certain 5* characters.

Hoarding other tokens was due to trying to avoid pulling more threes for the time being.  That should change shortly because as I stated, I'm almost done with the 4s and not planning to level my 5s anytime soon. 

The thing about keeping the maxed 3s is while it creates a crunch, that is still money in the bank if you REALLY need it.  So it is not like it's wasteful.  And while one may argue I'm "slowing my progress", the reality is if I sold all my maxed threes (along with the 2s I'm going to HAVE to sell) to fund my 4s today it really wouldn't move the needle in terms of my roster strength. Having 67 maxed 4s instead of 63 is not going to launch me into a new stratosphere competitively.  So I can hoard/slow-play and take my time.  Once the vine is cleared I can continue to champ 4s and dupe 3s as I earn covers without pulling.  And those tokens aren't going anywhere.  They are also money in the bank.  But if I just open them all indiscriminately, then it's money I likely can't spend.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm a ways off from post iso, but I now feel I am post iso stress. My queue is clear. My roster is complete. I have most of the 4* tier champed.

My 2* farm is almost fully rebuilt, and duping 3*s is not a problem. Both farms also represent emergency iso if ever in dire need again.

From here I can just stay current with new releases and soon start building up my 5* stars.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I feel like I'm getting close. For the first time in nearly ever I have maxed 2* that I don't feel pressured to sell immediately. My vine is entirely 2* that will surely get champed before I lose them (I have 130k iso ready to use should I need it). And I don't have any 4* fully covered that will need to be champed should I pull one more. 

All that said and yet I've got the 5 latest 4s undercovered and GR is at 11 covers and JJ at 10. So I've got some big iso expenses coming due before too long. So, close, but not quite there yet.
  • Straycat
    Options
    Straycat said:

Oh not pulling 4s was never about waste, that was about wanting to target or avoid (hello Angel) certain 5* characters.

Hoarding other tokens was due to trying to avoid pulling more threes for the time being.  That should change shortly because as I stated, I'm almost done with the 4s and not planning to level my 5s anytime soon. 

The thing about keeping the maxed 3s is while it creates a crunch, that is still money in the bank if you REALLY need it.  So it is not like it's wasteful.  And while one may argue I'm "slowing my progress", the reality is if I sold all my maxed threes (along with the 2s I'm going to HAVE to sell) to fund my 4s today it really wouldn't move the needle in terms of my roster strength. Having 67 maxed 4s instead of 63 is not going to launch me into a new stratosphere competitively.  So I can hoard/slow-play and take my time.  Once the vine is cleared I can continue to champ 4s and dupe 3s as I earn covers without pulling.  And those tokens aren't going anywhere.  They are also money in the bank.  But if I just open them all indiscriminately, then it's money I likely can't spend.
    My thing is, you have complained about your iso crunch, while you sat on a mountain of resources. I said "do what I do and open tokens", you said "no that would make things worse". Then you opened some tokens and now you are on the precipice of being post iso. Guess I'll never get you to agree that I was right the whole time.
  • Daredevil217
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Straycat said:
    Straycat said:

My thing is, you have complained about your iso crunch, while you sat on a mountain of resources. I said "do what I do and open tokens", you said "no that would make things worse". Then you opened some tokens and now you are on the precipice of being post iso. Guess I'll never get you to agree that I was right the whole time.
    You don’t get it and that’s okay.

Hoarding works for me because just by virtue of event rewards and whatnot I will inevitably have something new to champ and the golden rule for many is don’t open more tokens until you make room and have iso to champ what’s on your vine currently. Even with hoarding there’s usually something new on my vine. And if not I have plenty to invest in for when something does eventually get on the queue.  I had around 220 iso earlier today (about as low as it gets) but it was because I was able to clear that huge vine I mentioned earlier (four 4*s and two 3*s. Also was able to flip a 2* as well). Luckily I had been hoarding which allowed me to slowly bring half those 4s up to level 229 and I had about 550k invested in my maxed 2* bank to allow me to champ all that. 

I could open all my tokens as you suggest but still dont have a clear vine. While gathering iso for everyone on my vine I ended up landing three 3* Luke Cage covers there and his dupe needs 127k to rechamp. 

You can say you were right, but all I know is through my method of hoarding I now only have three 4* left to champ... total. I will crack more of my LT/CP hoard again once Okoye enters to finish Jess. But until then, and after that I’ll be focusing on my 2s and 3s as they are falling at a fast enough rate naturally that I don’t need to open tokens to accelerate it. 

I still need 5 million iso left to rechamp the remaining 3s (only 8 done currently) but only 1 million needed to champ the rest of the 4s!
  • Straycat
    Options
    Straycat said:
    Straycat said:

You don’t get it and that’s okay.

Hoarding works for me because just by virtue of event rewards and whatnot I will inevitably have something new to champ and the golden rule for many is don’t open more tokens until you make room and have iso to champ what’s on your vine currently. Even with hoarding there’s usually something new on my vine. And if not I have plenty to invest in for when something does eventually get on the queue.  I had around 220 iso earlier today (about as low as it gets) but it was because I was able to clear that huge vine I mentioned earlier (four 4*s and two 3*s. Also was able to flip a 2* as well). Luckily I had been hoarding which allowed me to slowly bring half those 4s up to level 229 and I had about 550k invested in my maxed 2* bank to allow me to champ all that. 

I could open all my tokens as you suggest but still dont have a clear vine. While gathering iso for everyone on my vine I ended up landing three 3* Luke Cage covers there and his dupe needs 127k to rechamp. 

You can say you were right, but all I know is through my method of hoarding I now only have three 4* left to champ... total. I will crack more of my LT/CP hoard again once Okoye enters to finish Jess. But until then, and after that I’ll be focusing on my 2s and 3s as they are falling at a fast enough rate naturally that I don’t need to open tokens to accelerate it. 

I still need 5 million iso left to rechamp the remaining 3s (only 8 done currently) but only 1 million needed to champ the rest of the 4s!
    Oh no, Luke Cage needs 127k iso? That would take over 3 days to earn!
    Whatever, agree to disagree I guess. I stand by my point. I am not saying you should open indiscriminately, but you clearly could open tokens without wasting covers. Which means you don't have an iso problem, so stop complaining about it.
    I played my style and have only two 4*s left to champ. And I have spent over 2 million iso on my 5*s, while also champing 3* dupes.