Forum thread.

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are a hybrid player with both PVP and PVE Plus invest time inyo LR’s, you would be surprised how much Iso you can make in a week.  
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, because I spend all my ISO skipping Gambit in PVP.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     i have finally joined the post-iso club!!!

I managed to champ all my classic 4*, with the last of them being Howard the duck. 

As i was hoarding for HoboCap, i have yet to obtain 13 covers for 4* BP, Valkyrie and Jubilee. but once i break open my hoard, i hope i can champ them within 2 weeks.

Since i didn't have to champ any 4*, i was able to to back to the 2* tier and resume the farming. Oh boy, i realised i missed out on a lot of CP and HP from the 2* farms. It certainly pays off in the long run.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I’m not post-ISO, but I’ve champed all Classic 4s and I’ve nearly champed all the 5s bar JJ. Banner a couple of days back, Hawkeye today and Ock as soon as I can scrabble together another half a million iso.

I reckon I’m c. 3m ISO short of full post-ISO life, looking forward to zero waste and getting 3s back to 266 after mortgaging the lot at least twice to fund 4*/5* characters.

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2 mil ISO.  Have all levels capped on everything.  Plus I have about 2000 tokens I have not opened. No reason to open them.  
    I mean this respectfully and not sarcastically : is the game still fun?  I cannot imagine having everyone capped and still wanting to play.
    There are a ton of people like me right now.  Massive amounts of iso and nothing to do with it.  When we get a new release and get the 7-10 covers from PVP and PVE they can me instantly soft capped.  
    I'll wager there are a lot more people that are in the opposite boat - Massive amounts of characters that aren't even close to being capped thanks to an ISO deficit.  I just recently got all of my 4-stars soft capped, which lasted all of a week until I got another Hulk - Main Event cover to get him to 5/4/3.  One more from progression will get him to 13 covers, so that's right back in the 4-star deficit.  Meanwhile, my 5-star ISO deficit could probably wipe out all of that 2M ISO and still leave several of them saying "Please, sir.  May I have some more?"
    Yes, the sheer amount of ISO needed to be post ISO is so huge. I bet a new player who started playing hybrid hardcore today will still probably take about 3 years to be post ISO, along with some amount of buying included. That's a lot
  • Ragnarok
    Ragnarok Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think I’m nearly there.

i have champed 11 5*
    champed all 4* except for Valkyrie and Jubilee needing covers.  Currently farming 2* and champ dup 3*
    i have 1.3m iso.
    currently hoarding for jj and cap

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm close but also not close...

3s and 2s in full farm mode.

Champed Shuri and Valk last week.  That just leaves Jubilee and the Duck in the 4* world.  So pretty much "done" on the 4* level

5s - got only 6 champed, all 18 others at 255.  So still 10 mill+ ISO from the post ISO world (~250 days with no more releases!)  Realistically I aim to focus on getting to a point of being able to champ all latest 5s as they come and slowly whittle into classics.  That will take some patience and time of course! 

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madoctor said:
    2 mil ISO.  Have all levels capped on everything.  Plus I have about 2000 tokens I have not opened. No reason to open them.  
    I mean this respectfully and not sarcastically : is the game still fun?  I cannot imagine having everyone capped and still wanting to play.
    There are a ton of people like me right now.  Massive amounts of iso and nothing to do with it.  When we get a new release and get the 7-10 covers from PVP and PVE they can me instantly soft capped.  
    I'll wager there are a lot more people that are in the opposite boat - Massive amounts of characters that aren't even close to being capped thanks to an ISO deficit.  I just recently got all of my 4-stars soft capped, which lasted all of a week until I got another Hulk - Main Event cover to get him to 5/4/3.  One more from progression will get him to 13 covers, so that's right back in the 4-star deficit.  Meanwhile, my 5-star ISO deficit could probably wipe out all of that 2M ISO and still leave several of them saying "Please, sir.  May I have some more?"
    Yes, the sheer amount of ISO needed to be post ISO is so huge. I bet a new player who started playing hybrid hardcore today will still probably take about 3 years to be post ISO, along with some amount of buying included. That's a lot
    That's how long it took all of us, so I don't see a problem with that.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Some days I feel optimistic that it's right around the corner, relatively speaking. Other days, it feels like I'll be in the hamster wheel for another year. 

I've got 55 champed 4*s. Right now, I've got 14th covers for Punmax, Shuri, Kraven, and Chulk on my vine. Valkyrie is my only 4* with fewer than 10 covers, at eight. 

Unfortunately to keep pace with my 4*s, I've burned down much of my 2* farm, not really kept pace with champing my 3* dupes, and have basically ignored my 5*s. My ISO debt is still well into the millions. 

I'm hoping to be mostly over the 4* hill by the end of the summer or so. Hopefully caught up by the end of the year. 
    This is encouraging and discouraging at the same time. 

In a little over a month, I was able to save all those 4*s, and add Valkyrie to the list. I'm at 61 4* champs. Howard and Jubilee are the only ones not fully covered. And I've been able to rebuild my 2* farm a bit and champ some 3* dupes.

But I've still got about 60 covers on my vine, and I figure it will be probably two months or so before I'm totally caught up on my 2, 3, and 4* tiers and can begin focusing on the 5*s.

Of course, in that span of time there will likely be at least three or four more 4*s released and one or two 5*s...
  • madoctor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    madoctor said:
    That's how long it took all of us, so I don't see a problem with that.
    Oh I never meant that it was a problem @Bowgentle . I merely meant to say that when 3-4 year vets say " I am sitting on 10 million ISO and I don't know what to do with it" , that obviously playing the game for such a long time will have it's benefits. The same experience however might not be true for a newer player. "It piles up fast" , yes but a newer player will still take a long time to get to this point and they will feel the same crunch that we did for a long time. It's not bad in any way.

Maybe, just maybe, there should be an in game currency converter (eg convert ISO to HP etc) but the chances of that kind of feature are very slim. It may alleviate the feeling of post ISO players thinking they have nothing more to do.

I never said it was a problem

EDIT - It's kinda a good and bad game design that even a newer player will have enough content to work on for the next 3 years. Good because there's so much stuff to work on, kinda bad that it's 3 long (it's a bit too long IMO) years
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love being post-iso (4 million and counting), and never having to play LRs.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just champed 3 4stars so my nice chunk of iso I had went byebye
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As someone in the middle of 3-star land i'm overwhelmed and terrified of the prospect of having to wait like 3 years before being post-iso lmao. I'm still pre-iso currently, obviously. I guess it'll keep me busy? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As someone in the middle of 3-star land i'm overwhelmed and terrified of the prospect of having to wait like 3 years before being post-iso lmao. I'm still pre-iso currently, obviously. I guess it'll keep me busy? 
    You will always have something to do with your ISO, to be sure. :)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    3* rechamping while keeping the originals is really setting me back. With such a huge 3* debt I’m nowhere near post iso and as I’m champing them the new 4* characters keep rolling in!

Just got the three progression Daredevils in PVE which took him from 263-266. Cage in DDQ went from 265-266. Both have max-covered dupes ready. Same for Grocket though they’ve been 266 for a minute. Even with an almost full embargo on opening tokens I’m still hitting these 3* land mines!

So though I only have 4 classics (all at 229) and 3 Latests to erase my 4* defecit, the farming game is a B sometimes. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* rechamping while keeping the originals is really setting me back. With such a huge 3* debt I’m nowhere near post iso and as I’m champing them the new 4* characters keep rolling in!
    Thanks for reminding me...I need to sell off my max-champed Storm now that she's no longer the required 3-star in the PvE.  I have another Champed one, but she's around LVL 170 or so.  I have about a dozen or so max champed 3 stars, and once I get another one that has 13 covers, they'll be sold off.

Actually thanks to this message and checking my roster, I just noticed I can sell off max-champed Deadpool and Dr Strange to get enough ISO to max champ 5-star Strange.  YAY!
  • madoctor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    3* rechamping while keeping the originals is really setting me back.
    Imagine that. I've posted many time that maxchamps are anchors that will hold you back.

So don't hang onto them.

Seriously, the biggest arguments for hanging onto 3*s are:  1) I'll be a target in pvp, and 2) but I need them for LRs!

As for 1 ... there are 47 3s. Only 8 out of 12 pvps in a season cycle feature a 3*. Therefore it takes 6 season cycles (24weeks) to get through them all. How long does it take you to maxchamp a 3? 1 year? 2 at most? Let's say it does take 2yrs. You sell a maxchamp 3 today without bothering to dupe it first. Worst case scenaio, its pvp starts today. You have to use the loaner. That's a tinykitty pvp. Sucks. BUT, the next time that pvp rolls around, you'll have that 3* back to lvl 181. The next pvp it's featured in after that, 209. Then 237. Then, finally, 2yrs from now, maxchamped again. Presumably in 2yrs, maxchamping 3s will be must easier and faster for you anyway.

And that was the worst case scenario, selling before duping, the pvp coming up immediately, and you taking 2yrs to remaxchamp. The reality is surely much less of a hiccup than that.

As for 2 .... very few play LRs seriously, for those who do the 3* is drug aroudn like an achor in their own LRs anyway, and there are only a few 3s featured in LRs (like, 12? I can't remember off the top of my head), so this excuse only covers a quarter (or so...) of 3s. What's the excuse for not selling the others?

Seriously, flip some 3s. Start with the tinykitty ones. You'll see it doesn't hurt. When you get in another iso pinch, sell another as needed.
    THIS!

Of you need the ISO for champing 5s or maybe even 4s (if you unhoarded and need to save a bunch of covers) then DO IT!
    Maybe don't do it to champ other threes, but sure as hell do it if you're looking to make progress in the tier above. It doesn't matter that much. Plus it will at maximum be only one PvP with an unchamped 3. Just do it.

EDIT - I wish I could leave a thousand insightful on aesthetocysts posts
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3.3m iso with a fair chunk invested in 2* and 3* farms (recently acquired my first duo 266's having sold some previously to champ 5*s).  Only Valkyrie and Jubilee unchamped in 4* tier and they're both soft capped.

However all my 5*s are either champed or sitting at 255 and I'll be shortly unloading my 300 LT hoard and hope to cover the three Latest (and Goblin who's at 12/13 through his feeder) so that should account for the majority of my iso.

Also have a couple more at 12/13 (BSSM and BW) so if they get their feeders maybe I won't be quite as much post iso in a few weeks time.
    Less than a week later and I'm now somehow at 4.3m iso.  The flow is unreal for 5* players who hit full progression in both PVE and PvP and get shield intercepts.

I will say that I've sold off a few 2*s so that may account for maybe 1/3rd of the increase, but I'm still amazed quite how much iso I've accrued in so little time.

With luck it'll be all gone tomorrow though.....
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks to 4* feeders I’ve been treading water.  A while back I hit the point where all fully covered characters I had were champed, then I got 13th covers for OML and HE, thanks to feeders from XFW and Kate.  Now I’ve champed them and I’m back at that point.  At least until I pull a 13th Shuri or 4* Panther, but when I do I should be able to get the ISO in time to champ them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* rechamping while keeping the originals is really setting me back.
    Imagine that. I've posted many time that maxchamps are anchors that will hold you back.

So don't hang onto them.

Seriously, the biggest arguments for hanging onto 3*s are:  1) I'll be a target in pvp, and 2) but I need them for LRs!

As for 1 ... there are 47 3s. Only 8 out of 12 pvps in a season cycle feature a 3*. Therefore it takes 6 season cycles (24weeks) to get through them all. How long does it take you to maxchamp a 3? 1 year? 2 at most? Let's say it does take 2yrs. You sell a maxchamp 3 today without bothering to dupe it first. Worst case scenaio, its pvp starts today. You have to use the loaner. That's a tinykitty pvp. Sucks. BUT, the next time that pvp rolls around, you'll have that 3* back to lvl 181. The next pvp it's featured in after that, 209. Then 237. Then, finally, 2yrs from now, maxchamped again. Presumably in 2yrs, maxchamping 3s will be must easier and faster for you anyway.

And that was the worst case scenario, selling before duping, the pvp coming up immediately, and you taking 2yrs to remaxchamp. The reality is surely much less of a hiccup than that.

As for 2 .... very few play LRs seriously, for those who do the 3* is drug aroudn like an achor in their own LRs anyway, and there are only a few 3s featured in LRs (like, 12? I can't remember off the top of my head), so this excuse only covers a quarter (or so...) of 3s. What's the excuse for not selling the others?

Seriously, flip some 3s. Start with the tinykitty ones. You'll see it doesn't hurt. When you get in another iso pinch, sell another as needed.

10 characters featured in Lightning rounds, 5 villains (Loki, Hood, Doom, Mystique, Ragnarok) and 5 heroes (Captain America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Gamora). Out of, what, 47 threestars in all?

I did reroster all the threestars that got maxchamped, I am up to 41 rerostered threestars now. It was certainly tough at times to come up the HP for all the roster spots (got a few on discount in January and also farmed 3* Gambit when he had an increased sale price for HP), and it feels pretty dang good to not have any 3* covers dying on the vine any longer. Hawkguy will probably be the next one that needs to be rerostered (currently level 264) and then probably She-Hulk (263), once they are done it's just the new kids that need to be maxchamped.

I have noticed that my replacement Captain America (level 247) is almost as powerful as the maxchamped original, so I suppose I could get rid of the level 266 one if I was desperate for ISO, HP or a roster spot. I Think I am in a pretty good spot over all though.