Forum thread.

Options

Comments

• Ebichu
    Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    oh I'm right in the iso crunch atm.. I'm done champing most of my 3, but now the latest 3 I have to champ... well no ISO left.. I got 4 3* that need champed and I can't champ a single one, thing is I got some covers that are running out, meaning am gonna end up wasting some covers for sure shortly..
    am trying to be careful with my ISO though, not lvling 4 or 5 of course, I stopped a while ago to pump iso into 2 that have been recycled etc, but still even finishing all the events (within 10 first in pvp and first in pve most of the time) I'm just in iso crisis which is very frustrating, I just end up selling 3* that I don't want for now.. ah well, someday..
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Current situation:
    1 mil ISO
    All 5* champed or soft capped 
    All 4* champed except BP and Val but they are soft capped 

ISO debt: 0

just churning the 2*/3*/4* farm. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'll check in properly once Jessica Jones enters latests. Atm have 3.26 mill purple crack rocks in storage and the only things I can possibly put them in are my teamups and pre-champion dupes. Robbie can use one more cover once I break my mini hoard, then I'm stuck again for the forseeable future. 

Update: Robbie champed, 5 cover Jessica softcapped to 330. 3.17m iso left. 
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options

Add me to the post-iso pile.

~3.6m ISO, from the 4s all but Shuri and Valk champed, all 3s champed, and 5 5s champed with OML covered but soft capped at lvl 315. Most of my under covered 5s are soft capped at 285 which is fine for when they're essential in PVE.

Since I entered post-iso phase my participation in LR has also dropped massively (which is a good thing!)

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nope. Not even close.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i'm down to 5 non-champed 4* and i still have some5* that aren't as levelled as they could be. been making dupes of my max champed 3*  though, so that eats up 120K each time i champ one of those.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I kind of feel like I am, but maybe not?  I've got a bunch of 5s with anywhere from 1 to 10 covers that are still level 255.  If they have enough covers I'll throw some ISO at them when essential for PvE, but I don't have enough ISO to softcap them all without harvesting some max champed 2s/3s/4s.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am post iso. It was a journey trying to champ all vintage 4*s, but after a couple H4Hs I got there. Then its just a matter of rng getting me the new characters, but by the time I would need to champ someone I had the iso to do it. Even champed America by getting the last covers from pve placement and without a 14th cover. Now just hoarding until AA leaves since opening tokens was getting boring.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I am not Post-ISO (about 2.8M debt to softcap my non-duplicates), I really don't feel it.

My 4*s are all champed except for the latest, and I have enough ISO reserved to champ 1.5 of them when they hit 13 covers. But more importantly to me, I have a weekly leveling goal and I have had no problems meeting it for quite a while.

Once I am ready to fully embrace 5* MMR with a second champ, that is going to change of course! :-)

• Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I thought I was post-ISO once before but my 2* & 3* farm were mortgaged to the hilt.  Now I have 1.4M with my few unchamped 4*s and 5*s softcapped, and only 1 3* to rechamp.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm getting a lot closer.  Currently I'm trying to get through a gauntlet of 7 4* covers to save in 2 weeks.  By selling some 266 3*s that have duplicates I think I'm gonna make that.  Once those are champed I'll have 5 4*s left to champ before I'm treading 4* water.  I also need to fix up my 2* and 3* farms, champ 2 5*s at 13 covers, and probably soft cap some 5*s.  Once I do all that I'll be essentially 'post-iso' (assuming the game doesn't drastically change before then).  At the current rate I might be post-iso by summer.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just realized that I have over half of the four stars championed, which means I am making progress on my (at one time) 6 million ISO debt. Not sure where I am at now, the numbers are scary to look at.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I think I'm getting close.  My quick tally on 4s and 5s put me at 1.4 million Iso in the hole.  Basically, I have 4 5s that aren't fully covered, but could still be leveled (IM, SS, BSSM, Ock).  GR and JJ need covers as well, but they are leveled as far as they can be.  BP is the only 4 that needs Iso at this point.  BP, Shuri and Valkyrie also need more covers.

I do have other minimal Iso needs like the 2* and 3* farm, but none of those are ready to champ.  I could level my MBW team ups as well, but I don't consider those a "need". 

Overall, I'm happy when I see the number, but it does take a while for it to decrease, but I do make enough that I can keep the latest 5s fully leveled and champ the new 4s as the covers come.  Generally, I only really feel an Iso crunch when they add a feeder to a 5* I don't have champed or if I get lucky with a few LTs in a row.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think I'm close.  I hit 1 million Iso for the first time last week (when they first implemented the level system I think I went up to 8-900K Iso, but that doesn't really count since it went down pretty much immediately.)  Of course, I soft-capped Doc Ock for his feature, so it went down again, but I'm almost back up to 1 million now.  I'll probably soft-cap my remaining 5*s one at a time,  BP and Shuri are not soft-capped yet and finishing them will eat my reserves by a lot.  According to my spreadsheet, it will set me back 1.5 mil to soft-cap everything, so I'll probably hit a 5* ever time I pass 1 million until they're done.

I strongly suspect that PVE is the highest source of my Iso, but the Lightning Rounds help a lot too.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll never be post-ISO, I play this game too casually. I really enjoy MPQ but I'm not going to play so much that I earn over 220k ISO every week. That would be more like a part-time job; it would burn me out and I'd likely quit entirely. There are weeks where I'll earn that much, when I'm really into the game and life is slow, but I'm never going to do it consistently nor would I want to.

MPQ is the only game on my phone and I love it because I've been a Marvel Maniac my entire life. I've played it since launch, I've invested money, and as long as they keep the servers going I'll continue to login every day. But I don't feel any pressure to champ them all. I have plenty of fun playing at my own pace with the 101 characters I do have champed.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not there by a long shot. My spreadsheet indicates that I'd need about 11 million of ISO 8 to max my remaining 4* characters, but I didn't include Valkyrie yet. And that doesn't include the champion fee (count another 30ish x 10k?), either. Never mind the problem that about half my 4*s aren't covermaxed yet :mrgreen:. You can probably guess my 5* tier is in worse shape.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'll never be post-ISO, I play this game too casually. I really enjoy MPQ but I'm not going to play so much that I earn over 220k ISO every week. That would be more like a part-time job; it would burn me out and I'd likely quit entirely. There are weeks where I'll earn that much, when I'm really into the game and life is slow, but I'm never going to do it consistently nor would I want to.

MPQ is the only game on my phone and I love it because I've been a Marvel Maniac my entire life. I've played it since launch, I've invested money, and as long as they keep the servers going I'll continue to login every day. But I don't feel any pressure to champ them all. I have plenty of fun playing at my own pace with the 101 characters I do have champed.

Every so often, to get an idea of how much Iso I take in, I've tracked it.  Generally speaking it's around 40k a day.  That's only 60K per week more than what you're pulling in, so that's not particularly bad.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm there.

Example from this morning: with Jessica Jones now in LT's I pulled my hoard to complete Archangel. At the end of my pull I sit with Archangel champed, Black Panther 4 champed, Shuri champed, and all remaining 4's (just Valkyrie) and 5's (2 latest/4 classic) leveled to their caps. I still have 1.3m iso left over and pretty much not a dang thing to use it on.

If I was magically gifted all missing covers I'm only about a week's worth of play short of having the iso to complete everything even then. Or I could just sell off a handful of the 42 completed 3's I have dupes for. Zero iso worries at the current stage of the game.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought I was close, and yet I've got a Drax, a Yondu, and 2 Angel covers sitting in my queue and all three sitting at 13 covers.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only 2-3 months more....

Which is what I said 2-3 months ago...LMAO