aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum post.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm not post-iso...still have many many fives to level, but I don't feel that iso crunch any more. I'm only Champing 2 & 3 dupes at this point and have all but the last four 4 star releases champed. 

Eventually I will start putting more and more iso into all my fives, but it doesn't feel like crunch. It's now "I got twenty 20,000 iso to spare, I'm gonna put that towards 5pidey." 

I am post hero points though maintaining 12-15k. In the past I would have jumped on the HP sale.going on right now, but it feels a waste when I barely have anything to spend what I have in game already.

I might feel the crunch much later when AA (already have a maxed covered AA) leaves tokens and I finally break my hoard, since I'll be easy behind on nearing 10 unfinished 4s by then.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Again?
    5.5 million Ahead of my needs.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m pretty close. All of my 4*s are champed or soft-capped (only BP and Shuri to champ). I only have a couple of 3* dupes left to champ (none fully covered right now) and I’m always rotating 2*s as I max champ them.  I have some under covered 5*s I could softcap, but there’s no point until they’re essential.

I have about 450k ISO in reserve for when I get something that needs it. Tomorrow when JJ enters Latest, I’ll pull until I get a cover. I’ll probably get some Shuri and BP to champ them too. That will probably use up my current reserve.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My total ISO debt is under 2M now. Most 3* dupes are champed. I'm slowly leveling Classic 5*'s while keeping up with the 4* and Latest 5*'s. 

Of course JJ goes into Latest in a couple of days and I'll do some pulls which will mean AA, GR and JJ will all go back into debt... It is a long slow climb, but I'm definitely making a bit of progress. If nothing major changes I will probably be post-iso by the end of the year.
  • tfaludi
    tfaludi Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm post-iso for a while now. i have around 2.4 million, and its constantly growing even with recycling of 2*s and 3*s
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Post-iso is on the horizon, though it feels perpetually just out of reach. Five 4*s left to champ, three 5*s to take to champ from 255, 188 LTs waiting to be opened. And then the afterthought of dupe 3*s to take care of. The gap is narrowing, but it's still a ways away. Mid-to-late summer, maybe?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    About 2.3 milion iso debt or around 11 weeks if person above calculation is accurate based on characters that I can fully champ at this moment.  That number will grow though since I have about 3-4 more 4* vintage characters with 12 covers that will be able to be champed when I get their last cover.  So that is another 1.3 million or so of iso just waiting to add to that debt.  
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Getting there. Only Fury and Carnage of the Classic 4s to do and a few older 5s to level/champ.

Seems like finishing the 4s is the gateway to iso surplus, it’s really endgame for me as I’ve spent pretty much my whole MPQ career in a a massive iso deficit
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I envy you guys. The devs could give me millions of free Iso and it'd barely put a dent in my problem.

*Cue flashbacks of when I started playing and wasn't Iso starved so I used them to buy standard tokens*   :s
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Post-iso probably nearing a year.  I technically would be in deficit if I magically got all the covers for my various level 4* duplicate rebuilds, but given my acquisition rates I’m well ahead of what I need.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A couple months ago I caught up on my 4’s, and just this week I champed 5* Doc Ock, which was my last fully-covered but unchamped character.

I still have a bunch of undercovered 5’s that are 255, and some dupe 3’s and new 4’s with 11-12 covers that will need ISO soon, but I am past the ISO crunch. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Current iso balance is 2.5 million and my undercovered 5*s could use 1.2million to reach their soft caps. Not worth it since most are only 1-3 covers and a couple with 4, 6, 9 covers. The other tiers are either championed or undercovered (but levelled to their soft caps). 

Not hard to have surplus iso when hoarding
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was post ISO until I started maxing out 3*s. Then my compulsion to roster and level dupes just pulled me right back down again.

Not to mention the 5*s I need to level. I have a Vulture cover on the vine which will give me a Spidey cover. Ain't no way I'm throwing that away, so I need another 180K ISO for Spidey now.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was, then I started having to rechamp all my 3*s. Ugh.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm only 4M post iso.  So got a long while to catch up to colog.   For me the real key to becoming post-iso was elmininating my cover sell rate.  Outside of the 1* tier,  I haven't sold a cover in almost 2 years.  I love to see my account stats,  but I think I'm now 90% efficient in applying covers vs selling covers.

I hope some new features come along that I can sink the surplus into.  If the iso is in the bank, then it isn't making my roster any better or bigger
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are a couple of measures - the amount you need to get all your characters up to the highest level based on current covers (soft cap). Then there is the amount needed if you happened to have all 13 covers for every character.

Similar to other threads, it feels like you have "won" at MPQ once you have the ISO to get every character champed. It is just a matter of time (lots of it) until you get all the covers you need.

I have access to over 5M ISO with my ISO on-hand and 2* and 3* farm, but 3M of it is accounted for once I get those hard to get final covers for classics. So I look at it like I have a 2M ISO surplus, not 5M.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m definately iso starved. Scrapping for it on that hamster wheel. 

Re-champing threes is the biggest suck right now, but I’m doing a complete lockdown on opening tokens until we hear what this new feature Brigby hinted at is going to be. I was hoarding Legends/CP anyway until Angel and maybe even Rider leave tokens. And I can’t afford to rechamp 3s at the rate they fall naturally so I stopped with heroics and elites as well. 

Without the threes I’d need only 2.1 million to finish the 4s which isn’t terrible. Because once that happens, I can control my waste similar to what @Phumade was talking about. With all 4s champed I could open with impunity and stop pulling when I hit 13 covers like I’ve been doing. I could then slowly work on gathering iso in case I ever do want to make the leap to 5 land but I’m really in no rush and don’t know if I really want to even if I can. 
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm on my way.  I finished leveling all my 5s about a month or so ago.  Shifted focus back to my 4s.  I'm champing about 1/week now, which hopefully will have me done by the end of the year.  Then I can get a rocking chair beside Colog and Bow lol
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd like to Think that I am. I have all fourstars champed except Black Panther and Valkyrie, and I can Always level up new fours as soon as I get the covers. I am rerostering my threestar dupes and I am over the hump there - 37 rerostered already, with 10 still at base level due to a lack of covers. When I get the covers, I can champ them too.

The fivestars are Another matter. I am up to 10 fivestar champions, and Archangel has 13 covers and Black Bolt 12. The others range from 8 covers (Goblin) to just 1 (several). So there's no real urgency to level any of them, but if I wanted to I could sink a lot of ISO into them.

Overall though it feels like I definitely earn more ISO than I have reason to spend.