Heart Of Darkness: Test run 1 anti tapping feedback

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    This was my t10 in 1.8 this morning, and it should be noted that I only 6x-ed it on Day 1. I was 1 of 3 people in the top 10 who aren't in 5-star land at all. 

1. 94629
    2. 94479
    3. 93535
    4. 92935
    5. 90360 (Me)
    6. 86623
    7. 84020
    8. 83668
    9. 82758
    10. 81201

Tapping was never something that really affected me even after it became widespread. As long as I did my usual strategy of 7x (with occasional clearing of the Team-up node) where I started as early and ended as late as possible, t10 was essentially guaranteed. Maybe I've managed to keep missing the tappers by joining relatively late on the first day, however there's always been people that start clearing early. I again don't boast any 5-stars, and my clears are generally anywhere between 1-1.5 hours. I wish this wasn't just a test though, as I'm sure people are gonna go hard for America in Webbed Wonder. 
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    just adding data regarding slice 2.8. all prejoins.

1. 97390 (me :) )
    2. 97208
    3. 97083
    4. 97014
    5. 96787
    6. 96676
    7. 96271
    8. 96078
    9. 94266
    10. 93807

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    ZeroKarma said:
    grunth13 said:
    Well, I was in 4th place after the initial 4 clears of sub 2, but then got caught up taking care of a patient in the OR and missed my end grind for sub 2.  Dropped from 4th to 104th.  All my work in sub 1 and initial sub 2 down the drain because of something I couldn't plan.  I'm liking Stax's stopwatch idea more and more.
    On a positive note, kudos to prioritizing correctly!
    See, we can be friends :smile: ...they frown if you stop mid surgery to finish your end grind...don't know why :confused:
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I'm wondering about this: are top 10 players now spending more or less time in this event?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    2.9.2 started about 2 hours after slice started

1 98.333
    2 98.208
    3 98.159 (me)
    4 98.113
    5 97.950

6 97.659
    7 97.633
    8 97.564
    9 97.055
    10 96.965

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    I'm wondering about this: are top 10 players now spending more or less time in this event?
    For me, a lot less.  The issue is that most people that were wining the tap off, during this test event, cannot keep up. Most have fallen out of top 5 and even top 10.  Some of the biggest tappers are getting smoked now because they cannot just tap for hours to make up if they mess up. Now this is just one event but, to me, it is funny to see the ones that would tap tap tap fall on their face now.  
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    The rockett said:

Some of the biggest tappers are getting smoked now because they cannot just tap for hours to make up if they mess up. Now this is just one event but, to me, it is funny to see the ones that would tap tap tap fall on their face now.  
    That seems like a very personal elitist vendetta, rather than a gamewide flaw. Like I said earlier, we really don’t know how the community at large was affected.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    What if the loss of engagement time is seen as a loss to the company?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    3.9 scores 
    98420 (Daiches)

Lost 100 points sub one by finishing last 5E seconds late or could have given t1 a run for his money. Champed AA would have helped.
    Had great fun racing. 5/7. 10/7 with rice. Would do again.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    If early reports are showing top cl brackets have no ties, then what is the other concern for why this shouldn’t be made permanent?  
    I don’t think the ties is an issue at the top end. It’s basically those that only hit 4 clears and stop. With the introduction of 5* node, that is probably enough to hit max progress. Now if there are hundreds of players with the same score, this is bound to span across a placement rewards thresholds. Maybe not top 100, but it could. Likely top 250. Now, is it fair that some get higher rewards than others with the same score?
  • Dogface
    If they started giving out the same rewards for ties, it could mean that people are left out of rewards they would otherwise earn. If 5 people score 10k and are tied first place, the person with 9999 points would be in 6th place, like in golf. 
    I don't know how they treat ties atm, or what is the deciding factor that places someone above someone else with the same amount of points.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    If they started giving out the same rewards for ties, it could mean that people are left out of rewards they would otherwise earn. If 5 people score 10k and are tied first place, the person with 9999 points would be in 6th place, like in golf. 
    I don't know how they treat ties atm, or what is the deciding factor that places someone above someone else with the same amount of points.
    First to score = highest rank
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Pongie said:
    If early reports are showing top cl brackets have no ties, then what is the other concern for why this shouldn’t be made permanent?  
    I don’t think the ties is an issue at the top end. It’s basically those that only hit 4 clears and stop. With the introduction of 5* node, that is probably enough to hit max progress. Now if there are hundreds of players with the same score, this is bound to span across a placement rewards thresholds. Maybe not top 100, but it could. Likely top 250. Now, is it fair that some get higher rewards than others with the same score?
    But how are those scores different from usual? It only affects those that hit nodes 7 times or more, not those that hit 4...
  • Dogface
    Daiches said:
    Dogface said:
    First to score = highest rank
    No. 1 in my bracket has 21 champed 5*, that surely helps in speed. A bit of overkill for SCL7, methinks.
  • sandalsnopants
    sandalsnopants Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Amazing.  Plz keep it like it was in this event!
  • dgt73
    dgt73 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I really liked this test, managed a third place, my best result yet!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    LXSandman said:
    While I think this change is great from a theoretical point of view.  I also think that it will effect a very few number of people.

The only people who notice this change will be the upper crust of rosters.  Those people who can do a final clear in 31 minutes etc.

Essentially all that is happening is that they are changing what you need to win from Extreme Time to Extreme Roster (And favourable timing).  Which, as I said, I agree with.  Unfortunately most of us don't have either of those things... hahaha

I've noticed a difference.  Caught my usual fresh slacker bracket (came in like 64ish).  I have all boosted 4s champed.  Did my grinds as fast as I could and am currently only 20 with many people behind me also having done full clears.

Normally, I catch a slacker bracket and I'll finish my grind T5, and the next day MAYBE 10 people will have done full clears.  I'm wondering if the tappers have moved down to 8 where I compete (no champed 5s so I feel its an appropriate SCL for me) due to the easier clears/top rewards where they can smash rosters like mine.  I'm going to wait the event out and see how things shake out before drawing any conclusions, but it is odd especially given what the prize is. 
    Update to this.

Sub 1 I mistimed (too late) and left I believe one clear of the loaner and last wave node which hurt but I was still 9th. 

Sub 2 I played it safer. Ended about 7 minutes early and am unsure where in the T10 I finished as I was doing seeds. 

Sub 3 I finished 11th fastest with my initial clears, which as the days go on that happens. A stronger roster than mine may jump in later and out-clear me but I have such a lead from playing earlier it doesn’t matter. 

Overall I am sitting on 6th. I’m 120 away from 5th and 150 away from 4th. So unless they miss clear I won’t get T5, but it’s possible with Royal Fam and more tile movers in general. I’m jumping super early (like an hour and a half) and letting the chips fall where they may. But I’m about 2500 away from 11th. Meaning that T10 is sewn up. Overall this is exactly where I would likely be in a tapping bracket. I’m pretty much always top 5 or 10. So not a huge change for me in CL8. 
    Final update: ended up finishing my last clears with 10 minutes to spare and with fears of mere points separating me from moving up, I actually tapped some nodes (which I never do, ironically). When all the dust settled it was pointless as there was decent space between each person. A few hundred points each actually. 

As for me:

9th after sub 1
    6th after sub 2
    3rd after sub 3

Again, ultimately about where I usually end up, but fun climb none the less!
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    FInal Result for 5.9 (2nd flip)

1   96,611 (me)
    2   96,580
    3   96,339
    4   95,764
    5   95,554
    6   95,409
    7   95,117
    8   94,380
    9   93,691
    10 91,490

I knew that regen rates and waves would ensure no ties, I was expecting scores to be closer. A new release will show much closer scores with more playing optimal in every sub.
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Final score for 4.9 (2nd prejoin bracket)

1   98643
    2   98636
    3   98591
    4   98575
    5   98558 (me)
    6   98548
    7   98518
    8   98510
    9   98509
    10 98505

S4 beeing S4
  • Pr0spect0r