The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I have run into 7 consecutive Blue Sun's Zenith/Storm the Vault decks.

This is what I was afraid of when they announced the guaranteed non-dupe packs.

*sigh* I'll get BSZ one day

Aye... I have a TON of pinks, but I can't get enough of the base set because none of the events run and I'm saving for Ravnica! I have more pink than gold+runes TOGETHER and that's crazy, but worth spending until I can craft more mythics...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Mburn7 said:
    I have run into 7 consecutive Blue Sun's Zenith/Storm the Vault decks.

This is what I was afraid of when they announced the guaranteed non-dupe packs.

*sigh* I'll get BSZ one day

Aye... I have a TON of pinks, but I can't get enough of the base set because none of the events run and I'm saving for Ravnica! I have more pink than gold+runes TOGETHER and that's crazy, but worth spending until I can craft more mythics...
    See I've done the opposite.  Almost all of my M19 mythics were "crafted" with pink.  I don't have a lot of patience in games lol
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    TED Players using Sphinx decree to lock up the match and force losses from forcing players to quit the match to pad  wins for their side. And on an event with extremely limited charges.

How nice of you.... 

*floods post with dripping sarcasm*

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Following the live Duel Decks event which in no way warranted the lack of a Coalition event alongside it, do they opt to run an event focused on the current set; or at the least, something standard?

tinykitty no! These developers choose to run yet another legacy event from over a year ago.

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a positive note, I can put a player that left before booster crafting and returned last week into our top coalition, since he still has the event decks saved.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    TED Players using Sphinx decree to lock up the match and force losses from forcing players to quit the match to pad  wins for their side. And on an event with extremely limited charges.

How nice of you.... 

Image result for foul play meme
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anytime I see any conversation anywhere about text inconsistencies the words "Cast" and "Summon" pop in my head and I rage internally. I rage. 
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not that EC is that important, but I lost because out of my 5 creatures, I never drew one.... out of over 10 rounds of play.  Eventually lost to cards I could not destroy. 

Losing one round knocks you out of reward contention... 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

How nice of you.... 

Made my day. *knuckle bump* @FindingHeart8
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

How nice of you.... 

Don't egg them on!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

How nice of you.... 

Don't egg them on!
    httpspreviews123rfcomimagesdimasobkodimasobko1409dimasobko14090071831590650-fried-egg-form-of-heart-at-punjpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I hate, despise, loathe oath of gatewatch part 2. Its such a huge time absorber.

You gotta do a lot of the objectives twice and the bosses just cascade to holy monkey toejam so i end up spending "x" amount of time only to lose the objective to some ridiculous card draw, cascades, gem screw... ugh man why do i play this game
  • Kinesia
    Options
    jimpark said:
    I hate, despise, loathe oath of gatewatch part 2. Its such a huge time absorber.

You gotta do a lot of the objectives twice and the bosses just cascade to holy monkey toejam so i end up spending "x" amount of time only to lose the objective to some ridiculous card draw, cascades, gem screw... ugh man why do i play this game

More... Why don't you set personal limits? It is (almost) absolutely not worth getting the final reward for _anyone_ in terms of time investment. I play through it all once, occasionally pick up 1 or 2 extra points if I'm close to a new reward and then stop. At this point the runes and gold are worth more than the cards at the end.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    jimpark said:

More... Why don't you set personal limits? It is (almost) absolutely not worth getting the final reward for _anyone_ in terms of time investment. I play through it all once, occasionally pick up 1 or 2 extra points if I'm close to a new reward and then stop. At this point the runes and gold are worth more than the cards at the end.
    Yeah i usually dont go for the rare. But i appreciate your wise words and will do so. Thanks ;)
  • Kinesia
    Options
    If you are totally bored one day that's a very different thing though!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    jimpark said:
    Kinesia said:
    jimpark said:

Yeah i usually dont go for the rare. But i appreciate your wise words and will do so. Thanks ;)
    I get excited when I see that event as the event of the day.  It means I only have to collect the 6 hours rewards and I can just skip playing and sleep in an extra hour today :D
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HOU......   I am playing loop decks that in NO WAY are trying to fulfill the objectives and I have not won 1 match.... Having access to all the cards is too overpowered and people are too tempted to use the same old boring combination, that if locked in, wins every time.  I woke up to 18 unplayed matches and lost my first two.  Not really motivating when I know there is no combination I have, that could have won.  About time for a permanent break.  
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even the Coalition aspect has no longer been able to get me the motivation to play HoD event.  Last run and this run I'm just not playing it.

While I'm much happier for not bothering with the event it's also a little sad in a way.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I'm torn on that.  Not a fan of unbeatable Omniscience opponents, but I like legacy events being a thing.  Otherwise there's really no point to having legacy cards and every card you own will at some point become obsolete.

Middle ground is tricky here.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    I'm torn on that.  Not a fan of unbeatable Omniscience opponents, but I like legacy events being a thing.  Otherwise there's really no point to having legacy cards and every card you own will at some point become obsolete.

Middle ground is tricky here.

One thing I find interesting is that (mostly) I don't have extra deck slots, so apart from Arlinn who is always set up for werewolves I don't have many tuned legacy decks ready to go. So when these events come up I just grab an already prepared Standard deck that I've been tuning for weeks or months, occasionally swap in one or two Legacy cards that I miss (like Grind/Dust or Hour of Promise!) and usually do just fine regardless...

I mean, sure, there are the occasional game where you just have no chance at all, but I honestly don't have it happen much more often than in standard. Maybe 10% more? Definitely nowhere near twice as much.