The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinesia said:
    I'm torn on that.  Not a fan of unbeatable Omniscience opponents, but I like legacy events being a thing.  Otherwise there's really no point to having legacy cards and every card you own will at some point become obsolete.

Middle ground is tricky here.

One thing I find interesting is that (mostly) I don't have extra deck slots, so apart from Arlinn who is always set up for werewolves I don't have many tuned legacy decks ready to go. So when these events come up I just grab an already prepared Standard deck that I've been tuning for weeks or months, occasionally swap in one or two Legacy cards that I miss (like Grind/Dust or Hour of Promise!) and usually do just fine regardless...

I mean, sure, there are the occasional game where you just have no chance at all, but I honestly don't have it happen much more often than in standard. Maybe 10% more? Definitely nowhere near twice as much.
    I see what you're saying.  I spent waaaay too many crystals on extra deck slots...most of my planeswalkers have a legacy and standard build ready to go.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Kinesia said:
    I'm torn on that.  Not a fan of unbeatable Omniscience opponents, but I like legacy events being a thing.  Otherwise there's really no point to having legacy cards and every card you own will at some point become obsolete.

One thing I find interesting is that (mostly) I don't have extra deck slots, so apart from Arlinn who is always set up for werewolves I don't have many tuned legacy decks ready to go. So when these events come up I just grab an already prepared Standard deck that I've been tuning for weeks or months, occasionally swap in one or two Legacy cards that I miss (like Grind/Dust or Hour of Promise!) and usually do just fine regardless...

I mean, sure, there are the occasional game where you just have no chance at all, but I honestly don't have it happen much more often than in standard. Maybe 10% more? Definitely nowhere near twice as much.
    I see what you're saying.  I spent waaaay too many crystals on extra deck slots...most of my planeswalkers have a legacy and standard build ready to go.
    I couldn’t be bothered to spend 150 crystals for deck slots. And then they give us 3 of those slots we can’t even change (and which I never use). I bought all slots with runes, but gold??? No way!
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I have 22 planeswalkers (bought a lot on sale). 

For an extra deck slot on each, that would only be 240,000 runes (3-4 months of saving) to get 1 extra slot each.... and/or 3300 gold (>$100) for an extra slot each.

Yeee-ouch that's expensive.  
  • FindingHeart8
    Froggy said:
    Kinesia said:

I couldn’t be bothered to spend 150 crystals for deck slots. And then they give us 3 of those slots we can’t even change (and which I never use). I bought all slots with runes, but gold??? No way!
    To me, at this point, runes are more valuable to me than crystals.  I have all the planeswalkers I care to have, and m19 premium packs just equate to a handful of runes anyways...which I guess I could use to get new planeswalker deck slots.

Hmmmmmmmm  *now ponders if was making best spending choices in the past*
  • FindingHeart8
    I just had a creature with berserk, trample, and lifelink deal lethal damage to my opponent, through a dinosaur with enrage and a "when this creature is dealt damage, it deals damage to your opponent," ability.

My creature hits the opponents creature with enough trample damage to also kill my opponent.  As you know the game still does not grant me the lifelink damage because of game-end (though I believe it still should), but it DOES pause to make sure the creature's enrage ability still activates and I take the additional damage before game end.

Just saying, if the lifelink damage I dealt to the creature and player is not going to count, it doesn't seem very fair that the retaliatory damage, that only activates from being dealt damage (and is technically a triggered ability in card mtg rules) does count.

Not fair, not fair at all.

@Brigby can the developers look into adding this to their updates?
  • Chaltain
    Chaltain Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Anyone else experiencing ridiculous lag since the update? I'm on Android if that matters.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chaltain said:
    Anyone else experiencing ridiculous lag since the update? I'm on Android if that matters.
    My game's been lagging since they did the fancy graphics thing in 2.9 (or 2.8, can't remember).

Takes about 30 seconds every time the loading wheel shows up (Note: this would be more bearable if they brought back the mana wheel loading wheel)
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I just went 54 rounds and lost.  I was ready to win several times when the BOT just happened to have the exact card to foil me... not just once, but probably 4 times...at least. 

On the last turn, he took my 20/20 creature.. ok.  I stunned "my" creature that he took from me and then I laid my final creatures to take his final 14 health.  The final blow came when he had zero mana to begin with and one card in the BOT's hand.  A Cascade with an extra turn... ok.  Another cascade with an extra turn!...OK..   Another cascade and he fills his card... River's Rebuke...  Takes my stun off and my creatures away... 

GAME OVER.  
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Tricking players to burn jewels on elite collection packages that do not contain the same cards is tinykitty!!! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Tremayne said:
    Tricking players to burn jewels on elite collection packages that do not contain the same cards is tinykitty!!! 
    What?
  • [Deleted User]
    6 prem packs. 1 mythic. Oh the lack of joy. 
  • Tremayne
    @jimpark - look at the elite collection for GRN.
    if you use the the “view cards” button on the entire collection you see the cards in the collection. However if you use the same button on each pack you se that there is a difference as to which cards are in a Rare+ and a Mythic+ package.

so let say that you want divine visitation, then you must purchase the Rare+ package because that card is only in that package.

this is the first time I have seen such a difference in elite collections and I get reminded of the Ixalan set where D3/Oktagon made a similar change to something fundamental without telling anyone about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Tremayne said:
    @jimpark - look at the elite collection for GRN.
    if you use the the “view cards” button on the entire collection you see the cards in the collection. However if you use the same button on each pack you se that there is a difference as to which cards are in a Rare+ and a Mythic+ package.

so let say that you want divine visitation, then you must purchase the Rare+ package because that card is only in that package.

this is the first time I have seen such a difference in elite collections and I get reminded of the Ixalan set where D3/Oktagon made a similar change to something fundamental without telling anyone about it.
    This is infuriating. Ticket sent. 
  • Tremayne
    @jimpark - Whoa, ok, maybe my explanation was not so good. No reason to send a ticket to D3 about it. 🤪😂🤪😂

Seriously I understand your frustration. Let me know if it pays to do so.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2018
    Tremayne said:
    @jimpark - Whoa, ok, maybe my explanation was not so good. No reason to send a ticket to D3 about it. 🤪😂🤪😂

Seriously I understand your frustration. Let me know if it pays to do so.

This is completely misleading with no disclaimer of these specific changes. Look at all the previous elite packs. Never has there been a structure like this aside from the shady slaughterpact incident. 

I am more shocked and appalled at how people seem to be okay with it. Is this what this game has come to? Have we all given up? We let this slide and then what next?
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    In a fictitious universe in which the confusing presentation of elite pack contents was fixed in the next release cycle, the present would look pretty much like it does in this universe - so there's not a whole lot to "let slide" yet unless we expect for no real reason that Oktagon would suddenly change their patching practice right now.

I also don't feel like anything "shady" occurred.  A fictitious universe in which this confusing labelling was an honest mistake would look identical to this universe, in every respect.

Since I need to rant about something to avoid my post being off-topic for this thread, I will say that some explanation or other communication from D3 or Oktagon at this point in time would be helpful.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted niv Mizzet the moment I saw the paper card.
    One. Not three.
  • FindingHeart8
    One. Not three.
    You got 3? I'm jealous.  My only non-event mythic so far is Lasav...which is ironically appropriate because my personaty is Dimir (though my playstyle is heavy Grixis).
  • [Deleted User]
    One. Not three.
    You got 3? I'm jealous.  My only non-event mythic so far is Lasav...which is ironically appropriate because my personaty is Dimir (though my playstyle is heavy Grixis).
    Me too i got lazav! My only mythic from 7 prem packs. Annnnnnd then i got a dupe lazav from a reward pack... yay... happiness everywhere...

(not including 120 and 400 pinkie pack pulls)
  • HJ16
    HJ16 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    First match in RtO... Game freeze...